Quantcast

~~Happy Humpday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

Man it's freaking GROSS outside, 50mph winds and a down pour!!!

I hope we don't lose power, actually I do, that way I can go home! :)

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Wind and rain here. Yuck.

I'm going back to bed.

Or go out and get a proper NC drivers license.

What to do.....

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello. Cool news about your frame, Stosh!

Another busy day here. Still no applicants for my analyst position. I guess no one wants to be my bitch, so I'm stuck with the heavy workload for now.

We won our deck hockey game last night 7-1, making us 8-0 to start the season. HOORAY!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin stosh.

Yep - some f'ed up weather indeed. I heard this forcast on the way home from work yesterday:

"For tonight, rain and wind with temperatures rising to near 50 by morning. For tomorrow, rain early changing to snow by the afternoon. Highs in the upper 40s with temperatures falling throughout the day."

How screwed up is it that it got warmer over night and is not getting colder during the day. It's supposed to be the other way around.

Anyways... Spent some more time on the trainer this morning... 30 minutes of spinning with IRobot playing on the big screen. Made the time pass much faster. Lots of rain overnight, I'm sure there will be some localized flooding in the area. Our builder is supposed to be coming up today to fix a few spots in the grout in our kitchen floor and replace a seal in our basement doors. The town code guy is supposed to be meeting some other guy at our house this week to see if our windows can be grandfathered so we can get our CO. Apparently the code changed that specifies how tall the opening of a window must be (emergency egress) while our house was being built. It didn't become an issue until about 6 months ago - go figure.

Did any of that make sense?

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Morning monkeys!!!!

not a great looking day here either stosh actually its miserable. which in turn makes my day go super slow.. im ready to go home and take a nap. i just checked the weather and it says 53 on friday and sunny.. i think i feel a cough coming on... <cough> cough> i think i need to ride friday.. any local monkeys interested???

edit BTW stosh .. have you told her about the frame yet??

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
Morning monkeys!!!!

not a great looking day here either stosh actually its miserable. which in turn makes my day go super slow.. im ready to go home and take a nap. i just checked the weather and it says 53 on friday and sunny.. i think i feel a cough coming on... <cough> cough> i think i need to ride friday.. any local monkeys interested???

edit BTW stosh .. have you told her about the frame yet??
Yes I told Aubrey about the frame. I'm kind of upset I purchased it now since a house fell in our lap. But oh well, what are ya gonna do! Ya can't plan everything.

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Morning all! Woke up thinking it was Thursday, so I was depressed to realize it was only Wednesday. Didn't sleep well last night...got woken up at 12:30 by the @ss upstairs, then again around 6. I can't wait until he's gone! I have never heard a person who walks that loudlly in my life! It's been 6 months since I have slept through the night, and slept well. :mumble:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
antimony said:
Morning all! Woke up thinking it was Thursday, so I was depressed to realize it was only Wednesday. Didn't sleep well last night...got woken up at 12:30 by the @ss upstairs, then again around 6. I can't wait until he's gone! I have never heard a person who walks that loudlly in my life! It's been 6 months since I have slept through the night, and slept well. :mumble:
I hate the feeling when you realise it's not Saturday Morning.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Pouring here too. The whole house smelled like wet dog this morning because our genuis setter decided it was a good day to run laps around the yard in the rain.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
stosh said:
Yes I told Aubrey about the frame. I'm kind of upset I purchased it now since a house fell in our lap. But oh well, what are ya gonna do! Ya can't plan everything.
dont be upset.... in the total outcome the frame price is miniscule... dont forget once your locked into paying for it .. then every penny counts
i wound up buying my intense just before i had to close.. that was quite a bunch of money to handover. but my wife knew i wanted it .. and it would be a long time until i could get another bike so she said go for it.
she said who knows if we will have the money next year.. then the baby will come... etc etc.... enjoy your frame..

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
dont be upset.... in the total outcome the frame price is miniscule... dont forget once your locked into paying for it .. then every penny counts
i wound up buying my intense just before i had to close.. that was quite a bunch of money to handover. but my wife knew i wanted it .. and it would be a long time until i could get another bike so she said go for it.
she said who knows if we will have the money next year.. then the baby will come... etc etc.... enjoy your frame..
Yeah we were discussing my spending habits last night and I said well this is probably my last bike purchase for a long time.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
How much is a $250 frame really going to impact your purchase of a house? That frame and necessary parts are a drop in the financial bucket my friend...

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
hooples3 said:
It was a similar situation with me and my Yeti... I bought it while we were building and not long before our second child was born. It probably wasn't the smartest time to fork out that kind of money, but there was a good chance that it would have been at least 5 years (if not longer) before we had the money to do it again... so I pulled the trigger and am sooooo glad I did.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
OMG I just had a mouthfull of butter, they put way to friggan much on my bagel this morning..... YUCK, ok well it kinda tasted good in a weird salty way.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
stosh said:
Yeah we were discussing my spending habits last night and I said well this is probably my last bike purchase for a long time.
i know what you mean... but .. when you figure out what your mortgage is going to be.. you will have a better idea of what your monthly costs will be.
when i figured out how much i wanted to spend on a house, and what was affordable it made it so much easier. the way i figured it was that my monthly salary will cover the mortgage, and my wifes all the other bills, expenses and savings... .. and bike parts!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
How much is a $250 frame really going to impact your purchase of a house? That frame and necessary parts are a drop in the financial bucket my friend...
I agree, thing is it was $450 worth of stuff and considering I have a low limit on the CC it looks like my CC is maxed out thus taking my Credit score down a touch. Plus I can use every penny I have for closing costs right now.

Anyway like you said it aint a big deal!

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
jacksonpt said:
It was a similar situation with me and my Yeti... I bought it while we were building and not long before our second child was born. It probably wasn't the smartest time to fork out that kind of money, but there was a good chance that it would have been at least 5 years (if not longer) before we had the money to do it again... so I pulled the trigger and am sooooo glad I did.
yes i am too... i am thinking of selling my heckler now.. i love the intense so much i cant see riding the heckler anymore

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
hooples3 said:
i love the intense so much i cant see riding the heckler anymore
Yep - every time I think about picking up a HT I end up thinking that it will probably never get ridden because I enjoy the Yeti so much.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
stosh said:
I agree, thing is it was $450 worth of stuff and considering I have a low limit on the CC it looks like my CC is maxed out thus taking my Credit score down a touch. Plus I can use every penny I have for closing costs right now.

Anyway like you said it aint a big deal!
so does this mean you found a house/buying it?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Yep - every time I think about picking up a HT I end up thinking that it will probably never get ridden because I enjoy the Yeti so much.
I fell back in love with my HT last summer. I love my MKIII, it's totally a mood thing for me though as to what I want to ride that day.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
so does this mean you found a house/buying it?
We're going back for a second look. They just dropped the price yesterday. Seems like the market is slowing in our area... the house across the street from this one also dropped their price 2 weeks ago.

Now Aubrey's freaking out because of our upcoming wedding we're paying for. I'm not sure what will happen if we buy the house and she doesn't like not having her life planned out 2yrs in advance.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
stosh said:
I fell back in love with my HT last summer. I love my MKIII, it's totally a mood thing for me though as to what I want to ride that day.
i use my ht for commuting and road riding... <w/ slicks> so i would never get rid of that. my SS is my play bike and foul weather bike. the 6.6 is my ultimate playbike... and the heckler has been sitting there... now i feel bad.. ill take her out tommorow

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
I think Stosh is handling the latest bike purchase like a seasoned veteran of marriage: 'Tis better to ask for forgiveness than permission. :D
Yep exactly!

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
stosh said:
We're going back for a second look. They just dropped the price yesterday. Seems like the market is slowing in our area... the house across the street from this one also dropped their price 2 weeks ago.

Now Aubrey's freaking out because of our upcoming wedding we're paying for. I'm not sure what will happen if we buy the house and she doesn't like not having her life planned out 2yrs in advance.
are you ready / able to make a move before your married???

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Windy here this morning and somehow it's 60 degrees. I had to cross the bridge this morning and my car felt like it was floating. The orange cones they place between the lanes were flying around and hitting cars and the windows facing the river looked like they do when you go through the huge dryers at the car wash. Should be a fun day and hopefully the power will go out :thumb:

Stosh, enjoy your new frame! I can't wait to see it. Did you here what happened this morning at the Newburgh-Beacon bridge?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
are you ready / able to make a move before your married???
Well that is why we've waited to buy a house till now because we weren't married. Thing is this house fell in our lap and I think we can get it for a steal. Otherwise we haven't been looking because we wanted to wait till we got married. I don't know, there is a ton of schit to consider right now. We're just trying to wade thru the murk.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
Windy here this morning and somehow it's 60 degrees. I had to cross the bridge this morning and my car felt like it was floating. The orange cones they place between the lanes were flying around and hitting cars and the windows facing the river looked like they do when you go through the huge dryers at the car wash. Should be a fun day and hopefully the power will go out :thumb:

Stosh, enjoy your new frame! I can't wait to see it. Did you here what happened this morning at the Newburgh-Beacon bridge?
No what happened? What time?

stosh said:

Well here is something to think about, which I think a lot of people ignore. You are about to start a life together and will be making a very important purchase, your home. Whats more important to you the wedding or the marriage? That money you blow on a single day event like a wedding can be better invested into your life together.