Quantcast

~~Happy Humpday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
caboverpete said:
Well here is something to think about, which I think a lot of people ignore. You are about to start a life together and will be making a very important purchase, your home. Whats more important to you the wedding or the marriage? That money you blow on a single day event like a wedding can be better invested into your life together.
Yeah I agree!

I'm getting major pressure from my parents for a formal wedding though.

My parents are old school and I respect that. I'm not saying they are planning our wedding for us but I know they are really excited for us. It's just a mess, my fiancee's parents are totally uninvolved.

stosh said:
Yeah I agree!

I'm getting major pressure from my parents for a formal wedding though.

My parents are old school and I respect that. I'm not saying they are planning our wedding for us but I know they are really excited for us. It's just a mess, my fiancee's parents are totally uninvolved.
My wedding cost a grand total of about 200 bucks, we had it in the in-laws back yard under a tent, all the money went to the chinese food we had. I have the same feelings about engagment rings as I do about weddings, what a dumb time in ones life to be blowing loads of money.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
I guess a tractor trailor overturned on the bridge so now they've actually closed it.

Where is this house you're looking at? So you two definitely want to stay in the area?
Do you know what time that happened at?

My dad travels it every day.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
caboverpete said:
My wedding cost a grand total of about 200 bucks, we had it in the in-laws back yard under a tent, all the money went to the chinese food we had. I have the same feelings about engagment rings as I do about weddings, what a dumb time in ones life to be blowing loads of money.
The tent alone would cost $200 for us.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
caboverpete said:
Oh yeh, sometimes I forget that my inlaws were in the party rental business at the time.
Not to mention chairs, portajohn and so on!
We've looked into it. We live on a beautiful farm but it's cheaper to have it in a reception hall then to have it at our house.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
stosh said:
what classes are you taking?
This semester is pretty much all random electives of things that I find interesting as opposed to my major. I have a semester lined up of invertebrate zoology (major class), History of ancient Rome, Greek and Roman epics in translation, and understanding music 2.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
GumbaFish said:
This semester is pretty much all random electives of things that I find interesting as opposed to my major. I have a semester lined up of invertebrate zoology (major class), History of ancient Rome, Greek and Roman epics in translation, and understanding music 2.
yikes, what is your major?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Good morning all! Well, it was icy this morning!!! It took Sq-Earl 30 minutes to get to the main road so he came home and called in, instructing me to do the same. Now it's f'n pouring!!! I wish the weather would make up it's mind.

Stosh - if the house is meant to be then you will get it. I agree that the marriage is far more important than the wedding as well! We had a very large, informal wedding and didn't spend all that much.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
Good morning all! Well, it was icy this morning!!! It took Sq-Earl 30 minutes to get to the main road so he came home and called in, instructing me to do the same. Now it's f'n pouring!!! I wish the weather would make up it's mind.

Stosh - if the house is meant to be then you will get it. I agree that the marriage is far more important than the wedding as well! We had a very large, informal wedding and didn't spend all that much.
Yeah I can do informal it just seems to me that means more WORK for me which I don't care to do.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
I'm not exactly sure what time it happened, as the local newspapers don't have anything online yet. I guess the same thing happened on the Tappan Zee this morning too, with a fuel spill resulting.
Oh I heard they just weren't letting trucks use the bridges.

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
TreeSaw said:
I agree that the marriage is far more important than the wedding as well! We had a very large, informal wedding and didn't spend all that much.
I agree with the Saw.
I'll also tell you that we saved on the wedding to spend on the honeymoon. 3 years later we're not talking much about the wedding reception, but we still tell stories about the honeymoon!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
hey monkeys.

good (hard) spin class last night. i think i'm gonna upgrade my HRM...just have the basic one which shows BPM. it would be nice to get average HR and set zones too, so i will look around.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
stosh said:
Yeah I can do informal it just seems to me that means more WORK for me which I don't care to do.
a friend of mine got married in Nov. which i was totally not aware of. He wound up getting married in a small place and went out to dinner with just immediate family and very close friends..
last saturday i went to a party in honor of his wedding.. he invited almost 200 ppl this time. he made it a formal thing buit you could do something like that.
have a small wedding (40ppl) and go out after for a nice dinner.. then come 2-3 months have a big informal party with all your friends/other family.. its a great way of keeping costs down

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
narlus said:
hey monkeys.

good (hard) spin class last night. i think i'm gonna upgrade my HRM...just have the basic one which shows BPM. it would be nice to get average HR and set zones too, so i will look around.
good luck...there are so many out there. There are some good reviews on mtbr. I'm thinking of either a Polar or a Sigma Sport (lots of options, not too expensive and a lifetime warrenty)

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
narlus said:
I know nothing about HRM, and I'm a cheap bastard... but isn't the zone thing easy to do manually?

max heartrate x 60%/80% (or whatever) = zones

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
yeah, the math is not very difficult at all, but being able to put it in yr monitor w/o having to keep the numbers straight in yr head would be kinda nice. i guess. also, averaging the HR is good.

it's just a numbers geek thing.

last night during spin class i was thinking that there should be a way to get people's HRs up on a screen, so you can see who's slacking and who's working.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Yeah, so I just met with HR to present my case that two of my staff need equity increases. I got one of them 10% and the other 5%, and they get annual merit increases in March on top of that. Cool! It'll be nice to tell them they are getting pay increases when the don't see it coming.

:dancing:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
narlus said:
yeah, the math is not very difficult at all, but being able to put it in yr monitor w/o having to keep the numbers straight in yr head would be kinda nice. i guess. also, averaging the HR is good.

it's just a numbers geek thing.

last night during spin class i was thinking that there should be a way to get people's HRs up on a screen, so you can see who's slacking and who's working.
plus most HRM's with limits have an audio alarm to let you know if your slacking or about ready to die

HR & speed on the wall would be great, your HR might be 140 at 20mph, & the dude next to you could be at 160 at 17 mph

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
I Are Baboon said:
Yeah, so I just met with HR to present my case that two of my staff need equity increases. I got one of them 10% and the other 5%, and they get annual merit increases in March on top of that. Cool! It'll be nice to tell them they are getting pay increases when the don't see it coming.

:dancing:
Can I come work for you? I have no idea what you do, but I'm sure with a book or two I could figure it out ;) :cool:

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Morning monkeys.

Class, class, and spending money on useless textbooks seems to be the theme of the day.

Going downstate tomorrow to get some new drivetrain parts for the dawggie and to finish building Beth's Kik.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
Morning monkeys.

Class, class, and spending money on useless textbooks seems to be the theme of the day.

Going downstate tomorrow to get some new drivetrain parts for the dawggie and to finish building Beth's Kik.
And come out for dinner with me and Aubrey!