Quantcast

~~~Happy Humpday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Got my taxes done last night, I got a sweet refund!! :)

I also had a great night snowboarding last night. I'm dying to try some of the rails they have, thing is they aren't ride on rails, you have to jump onto them so I'm still a little cautious.

Other than that, nothing much else to report.
Hope ya all have a great day!

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Morning Monkeys!!!!

had a fun ride last night through the streets of brooklyn, i took the intense out and just tried to ride everything... 1 1/2 later i was pretty beat but had a huge smile on my face...

Stosh .. isnt a refund so nice?? .. so whatca getting for the Zion????and where are the build pics dammit!!!!

Have a great humping day everyone!!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
My hockey game last was LOUSY LOUSY LOUSY. It's bad enough tha we got spanked, but I had a terrible game. No goals, no assists, six penalty minutes, and a plus/minus of -4. I don't know wtf is wrong with me. I know it's just a game, but I take that **** home with me so I get home all pissed off. Meh.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I Are Baboon said:
My hockey game last was LOUSY LOUSY LOUSY. It's bad enough tha we got spanked, but I had a terrible game. No goals, no assists, six penalty minutes, and a plus/minus of -4. I don't know wtf is wrong with me. I know it's just a game, but I take that **** home with me so I get home all pissed off. Meh.
Did you at least beat the crap out of someone for the penalty minutes?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
Morning Monkeys!!!!

had a fun ride last night through the streets of brooklyn, i took the intense out and just tried to ride everything... 1 1/2 later i was pretty beat but had a huge smile on my face...

Stosh .. isnt a refund so nice?? .. so whatca getting for the Zion????and where are the build pics dammit!!!!

Have a great humping day everyone!!
I'm not posting pics of the build until it is complete, which will be this weekend.

All the money Aubrey and I got will be dumped into our wedding account. :)

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Good morning Stosh and all the moneys out in data bit land!

was awesome taking yesterday off, it was the first "sick" day I used all year, and felt great to take it on a day I wasn't sick!!!:) the parade was pretty unbelievable... they were expecting 10k people and got 250k the streets were packed! People were hanging on light poles, and standing ontop of bus stop shelters, but not one incedent of violence or anything else negative...

Stosh, glad you had a good time Boarding, what is the mountain you usually go to? and yes they did win in 1980, but that was pretty much the end of an erra mid 80's sucked and the early 90's were marginally better if I am recalling correctly:rolleyes:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Westy said:
Did you at least beat the crap out of someone for the penalty minutes?
No. One roughing penalty and two unsportsmanlike conducts because I can't keep my mouth shut (apparently, refs take offense to being called "cock sucking douchebags" :rolleyes: )

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
brungeman said:
Good morning Stosh and all the moneys out in data bit land!

was awesome taking yesterday off, it was the first "sick" day I used all year, and felt great to take it on a day I wasn't sick!!!:) the parade was pretty unbelievable... they were expecting 10k people and got 250k the streets were packed! People were hanging on light poles, and standing ontop of bus stop shelters, but not one incedent of violence or anything else negative...

Stosh, glad you had a good time Boarding, what is the mountain you usually go to? and yes they did win in 1980, but that was pretty much the end of an erra mid 80's sucked and the early 90's were marginally better if I am recalling correctly:rolleyes:
I ususally ride Mountain Creek known to DH'ers in the summer as Diablo. The main gondola is right above the best part of the mtn, the switchback trail, so every ride I take to the top of the mtn I salivate for warmer days.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I Are Baboon said:
No. One roughing penalty and two unsportsmanlike conducts because I can't keep my mouth shut (apparently, refs take offense to being called "cock sucking douchebags" :rolleyes: )
I really can't imagine you saying that to a ref. I'm proud of you anyway.:thumb:

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
I Are Baboon said:
hmmm maybe they were just being over-sensitive last night :rolleyes:

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh

Not much to report on... still on vacation, which is going decent. As I've said before, it's not really a vacation, more like parenting in a different location. I was hoping that getting away from teh house crap and work crap and such would be refreshing, but not so much.

Oh well...

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Westy said:
I really can't imagine you saying that to a ref. I'm proud of you anyway.:thumb:
Yeah, when I am frustrated and pissed off, my mouth doesn't stop flapping. :D (I was pissed because some asswipe took my legs out from under me and a penalty wasn't called, except on me for retaliating).

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I Are Baboon said:
Time to leave the deck and lace up the skates Babs! :)

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I Are Baboon said:
Yeah, when I am frustrated and pissed off, my mouth doesn't stop flapping. :D (I was pissed because some asswipe took my legs out from under me and a penalty wasn't called, except on me for retaliating).
They always catch the second one IAB! ;)

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Oh yeah and good Morning Monkeys. I feel like total crap today. Tired and my right shoulder is bruised and sore as hell from ramming into the end boards on Monday night. Five years ago I would have been able to beat that defenseman and have a clean shot on goal, but now, he was able to catch up to me enough to trip me and send me sliding hard into the boards. ouch.

Nice sunny day out. Still not feeling a huge urge to be out riding though. I guess my brain is on hockey now or something. Weird.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I Are Baboon said:
Do you wear full pads? Friend of mine plays in a leauge up in DC, he always claimed the checking was fairly tame but a while back there was a bench clearing brawl after someone took a swing at his head with their stick. My friend George won't start fights but he loves to finish them.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Westy said:
Do you wear full pads? Friend of mine plays in a leauge up in DC, he always claimed the checking was fairly tame but a while back there was a bench clearing brawl after someone took a swing at his head with their stick. My friend George won't start fights but he loves to finish them.
No shoulder pads or breezers, but everything else.

Someone once took a swing at my head with thier stick and connected. That triggered an ugly bench clearing brawl. The guy that swung at me got pounded on, then got a lifetime ban from the rink.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning. Nothing to report here really. Another semi-sleepless night. :dead: Planning on doing a night ride Friday night after work as the wife will be out with both kids from 6p-9p. It'll be the first ride of the year for me and the first time I've been on a bike since Dec. 19th. Can't wait!! :)

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
Yo. Not much going on. I hit the gym last night for some leg / cardio action. I'm looking forward to the weekend for some trailwork on Saturday / SFA on Sunday. I'm tired like ass today.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good morning!

Woah! ...Still reeling from the Duke/UNC game last night(or maybe it's the Stella Artois?). As usual, a mighty battle worthy of ESPNClassic status. It was an emotional rollercoaster and I was disappointed with the outcome, but the game was fantastic and I think I have solidified myself in the mind of my wife as a basketball nutcase! Ha!

After work today, I plan on getting out to the trails for a little construction. I've been taking a couple of days off to recharge my motivation and I think it's time to finish up a few loose ends on several projects I started last week. Here's a couple of shots of the logride I finished up on Friday. The supports and stringers are made of cedar so it's burly and is gonna last for a long time.

Entrance:

Logride:

Exit:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
hey monkeys.

decent spin class last night, but kinda felt like ass. left my pants w/ wallet in the locker room, doh. everything was still there this morning though.

wifey seems to be over her stomach bug, which is nice.

watched some funny TV last night (Colbert Report, Chappelle Show). good stuff.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
brungeman said:
Greyhound, that looks great!!! how did you rip cut the logs to flatspot them?
Bowsaw, hatchet and mallet. The big log was done with a chainsaw. Strip off any bark on fallen oaks like that and they will last a lot longer. Thanks for the props!

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
Morning all,

STILL have the bleeping cold, and 24HTOP is in 10 days. My race performance is going to suck, luckily I'm on a beer drinking team, not a real competitive threat. Have a staff meeting today:blah: that will be fun, since I have two days left and no excuse to hold my tongue.

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Good morning,

First chance to post this week. Had good riding in Tucson last weekend both days, Fantasy Island course on Saturday and the Old Pueblo course on Sunday. The race course is probably in the best condition that I have ever seen, riding was exceptional, a little sandy in areas and quite dusty but hey, it's the desert.

Hey Greyhound, great job!

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Afternoon monkeys. Class this morning for 4 hours, 2 more this afternoon, then home to do laundry and study for an exam on friday. I really have no clue what this exam will be like. All I know is last tri's exam ended up being curved 22 points, and the test was more a test of deciphering his horrific engligh (he's Indian) in the questions. This is going to be a trill and a half. :help: