~~~Happy Humpday Morning!!~~

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
robdamanii said:
I was thinking the same thing.

How can we know when something is above average if all we eat is gourmet food 24/7?
why do you think that gourmet food is the only alternative to places like Olive Garden?

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
narlus said:
hey, we've already been labeled beer snobs, might as well be food snobs too.

i must say, being a food snob is a lot cheaper than being a car snob. :love:
Well for what it's worth, I've been Olive Garden twice (I believe) and wasn't really impressed, but I also wasn't expecting to be. It was a decent meal though for a chain restaurant.

I have a personal boycott on Bertucci's though. I got food poisoning from them three times, three different locations. Nothing like pukes and craps on account of bad food. :dead:

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
robdamanii said:
I was thinking the same thing.

How can we know when something is above average if all we eat is gourmet food 24/7?
i dont know of any "chain" restaurants that make Gourmet food

J

JRB

I Are Baboon said:
Well for what it's worth, I've been Olive Garden twice (I believe) and wasn't really impressed, but I also wasn't expecting to be. It was a decent meal though for a chain restaurant.

I have a personal boycott on Bertucci's though. I got food poisoning from them three times, three different locations. Nothing like pukes and craps on account of bad food. :dead:
Snob.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
binary visions said:
Olive Garden rocks. If you want Authentic Italian Cuisine you're in the wrong place but, IMO, it's pretty decent food for not much money. Even if it is only pseudo-Italian.

And as Rob said, $6 unlimited soup, salad and breadsticks at lunch is tough to beat :D
First you buy her a mop for V-day, then you take her to Olive Garden? :confused:

It doesn't get any sexier than that ;)

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
bluebug32 said:
First you buy her a mop for V-day, then you take her to Olive Garden? :confused:
Look, my kitchen floor was dirty and she wouldn't take a hint to buy the mop herself. So I did her a big favor and bought it for her.

What do you women want from me? :confused:

J

JRB

narlus said:
last three? there are only three.

catch up, n00b.
You are soooooo cool having your pages set up to 9 billion posts per page. Kneel before Zod.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
narlus said:
i would get this:

Elk Chop St. Vrain
or this:
Sugar Cured Smoke House Duck Breast
The Fort's buffalo filet in insanely good but those choices are good too. My family lives 5min from there so it's an annual feast around the holidays.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
loco said:
You are soooooo cool having your pages set up to 9 billion posts per page. Kneel before Zod.
unfortunately, even my efforts to have a lot of posts on a single page means that a large majority of them are from loco.

maybe the ignore button can ameliorate my situation.

J

JRB

narlus said:
unfortunately, even my efforts to have a lot of posts on a single page means that a large majority of them are from loco.

maybe the ignore button can ameliorate my situation.
Couldn't hurt. :think: It's working for N8.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
robdamanii said:
Got one. But it's somewhat pricey compared to what you can get for $6 at OG.
:p

I think it's safe the say the dining experience at the place Shuttles linked is infinitely better than a $6 Olive Garden meal. But then again, if your main concern in dining out is getting a good deal, then you might as well just eat at McDonald's.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I Are Baboon said:
I think it's safe the say the dining experience at the place Shuttles linked is infinitely better than a $6 Olive Garden meal. But then again, if your main concern in dining out is getting a good deal, then you might as well just eat at McDonald's.
:rolleyes:

By that logic, I should just drink Natural Light beer when I don't want to fork out for an expensive microbrew. What happened to a happy medium?

I don't really care of SS or narlus or anyone else enjoys Olive Garden - both my girlfriend and I really enjoy the meals there. I'm not deluding myself into thinking it's real Italian cuisine, and yeah, I understand it's salty. But, just as I like McDonald's french fries and Wendy's Jr. Bacon Cheeseburgers, it has its place.

:eviltongu

J

JRB

binary visions said:

By that logic, I should just drink Natural Light beer when I don't want to fork out for an expensive microbrew. What happened to a happy medium?

I don't really care of SS or narlus or anyone else enjoys Olive Garden - both my girlfriend and I really enjoy the meals there. I'm not deluding myself into thinking it's real Italian cuisine, and yeah, I understand it's salty. But, just as I like McDonald's french fries and Wendy's Jr. Bacon Cheeseburgers, it has its place.

I actually used to go to Olive Garden before, but they closed the one here to open one 30 miles away. I haven't been since. Julie and I talked about going, but never did. I did meet the manager the other day at the bike shop, and he is a mountain biker. I will likely head there one day, and will likely head out for a ride with the guy. I don't love it, but I like it as well as the overpriced fancy pants restaurants here.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
binary visions said:

Olive garden is not a happy medium. :p

:thumb: Everyone is entitled to eat crappy food if they like it.