Quantcast

~~Happy Humpday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

Went boarding last night. The conditions weren't that great but we took a few runs but didnt' stay to long.
Just going to hit the gym tonight and take it easy after.

Hope ya all have a great day!

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Morning Monkeys...

I was originally planning to take friday off and do some riding in the warmer weather but now they are saying rain. So we are going to hit the trails today after work. I am so looking forward to it. this also means sat or sunday should be dry enough to ride some more... I feel like spring is near and all i can think about is riding lately.

Have a great day !!!

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. Day two of sitting in a classroom today in Chelmsford. Yesterday was boring as snot...all technical crap that was way over my head.....talking about databases and servers and ethernets and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz is it 4:00 yet so I can go home?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
Morning Monkeys...

I was originally planning to take friday off and do some riding in the warmer weather but now they are saying rain. So we are going to hit the trails today after work. I am so looking forward to it. this also means sat or sunday should be dry enough to ride some more... I feel like spring is near and all i can think about is riding lately.

Have a great day !!!
Yeah all I can think about is riding my snowboard!!!

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
I Are Baboon said:
'Morning. Day two of sitting in a classroom today in Chelmsford. Yesterday was boring as snot...all technical crap that was way over my head.....talking about databases and servers and ethernets and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz is it 4:00 yet so I can go home?
Is someone taking attendance?

Or just get your phone to ring, get up like its important and then don't come back until lunch. And right before you go back in do it again. Show up right before the session is over.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
DRB said:

Or just get your phone to ring, get up like its important and then don't come back until lunch. And right before you go back in do it again. Show up right before the session is over.
Hey man! Haven't seen you around to much lately!

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Morning Monkeys...

well the pissed off mood has dropped into apathy and just being bummed... so there you have it...

on a brighter note rode last night with Manhattanprjkt, we set a comfortable pace and only stopped briefly 2 or 3 times... we get back to the cars and look at the time... We were flying... with just the two of us riding we were really able to make good time on the trails... & the trails were in surprisingly good shape:thumb:

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
:bomb: :trophy_br :heart: :dancing:

<-- 1K! It's been a long time coming. I would like to thank coffee, an unproductive work environment, and the always entertaining zoo known as the lounge.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
DRB said:

Well there is actually stuff being covered in this class that I need (and want) to learn. Just show me HOW something works...I don't care WHY it works.

mogulskr

Monkey
Aug 28, 2002
NH
I Are Baboon said:
Your in Chelmsford, MA right? Your minutes away from decent riding at Great Brook State Park. I rode the last 2 days at lunch there.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Rockland said:
:bomb: :trophy_br :heart: :dancing:

<-- 1K! It's been a long time coming. I would like to thank coffee, an unproductive work environment, and the always entertaining zoo known as the lounge.
WHOOT WHOOT!!!!!!!

J

JRB

Good morning. Just got in. Didn't sleep any last night, so I hope I shake out early.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Spring has sprung, bishes!!

What a beautiful week we're having! 70's all the way through Sunday. Stosh may be only able to think about riding his snowboard, but all I can think of are trails, trails, trails....and riding, riding, riding!!!

Went for a spin yesterday before darkness set in. The trails were super dry and very fast. My knee is feeling pretty decent and I can get away with at least an hour of riding before I gotta chill. Funny thing happened: Apparently the ETA switch on my Z1 got bumped into the "on" position and I wasn't paying attention.....the fork started getting lower and lower the suspension got stiffer. "What the heck is going on here?" I thought I had blown my compression cart. or something. Immediately thoughts of a new fork began running through my head.......a 66 perhaps? Maybe a Fox 36? Hmmmm.....a Manitou? Then I began to think about being without a fork for a week or so until the new one came in and I got bummed. Dang! This is a 'Zocchi we're talking about here---how could I have messed it up so easily? They must not be the great fork everyone says they..........wait a sec............was this knob in that position before?............No......I don't think it was. ****Flips ETA switch back to full travel**** ****Fork now works perfectly****

Dang! Ummmm.....nevermind. Pretend that never happened. :mumble:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
You going to be around this weekend? Are you boarding both days?
Yes I will be around this weekend. I do now know if I will be biking and/or snowboarding.
If it's warm enough to wear shorts I'll bike.

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
Trainwreck said:
Good morning,

Actually went clothes shopping (by myself!) last night. Something I do about every 10 years or so...

Made a haul. All set for the next decade.
You finally replaced those acid-wash jeans and hypercolor t-shirts?!!

I need coffee so badly this morning, I don't even know why. Ordered Zinn and the Art of Mtn Bike Maintenance for a whopping $11 this morning and am hawk-eyeing a fork on eBay that ends in 3 hours. Just another part closer to getting back to single speed goodness.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Good morning! Yesterday was a bit trying. My lovely daughter has aparently hit another growth spurt and decided to eat from 10:45-5:25 when I finally gave up and handed her over to daddy. Today I am still sore, but I will get over it. I called her Dr. thinking that something more was wrong with her and the nurses thought I was quite funny having nursed her all day just rotating sides like the dutiful mother that I am. They told me to give her a bottle with an ounce of water in it and to take a well-deserved & well-earned break. Well, after the water she decided to nap until I woke her to feed her before I went to bed. She ended up taking a 4oz. bottle and slept from 12-6am. Today, we're back on her regular schedule :confused: My kid is officially crazy!

I just sold my DH bike so I could fun a new one and have to get the pick-up set-up with FedEx. I sure hope VTBiker enjoys it as I am going to miss my tank. I also have a bunch of stuff to list in the buy/sell forum...this nesting thing is dangerous and contageous. Sq-Earl and I have been cleaning the basement!

Other than that, I have to take Sq-Earl to the Dr. today as he has a bad cold and has been exposed to walking pnemonia (co-worker called last night and told us that wonderful news) then we both have eye Dr. appointments so it should be an interesting day.

J

JRB

Hey Treesaw - Julie went back to work today, and I was up pretty much all night with Caroline. She is not so big on the bottle, so I am not sure how that will go. Julie has a cold or something of the sort, so you can imagine how nervous I am that Caroline will get sick again. She has started to smile a ton, so life is getting more and more exciting around our place.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning sluts! Beautiful day here in the north country!! Seems my ****ty mood of the last month or so has lifted...for now. So bring it on...it's Miller time!!!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh

Not much to report on of any real excitement. I took some time yesterday and tweaked my Dad's bike a bit to fit me better. It's a large (58") Giant OCR 3... pretty nice ride, but with Giant's compact geometry. I think I got it fit OK... it's still pretty stretched out because of the long top tube, but should be OK for a ride or two this week.

I'd like to get back out for a hike as well... similar to the hike I did the other day (see this thread), but I want to get up on a different rock.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
yo!

good spin class last night but felt like i was gonna hurl at the end. i ran out of water...time to get a 2nd water bottle.

got home to find my new toy had arrived. yippie!!

having some friends from work over tonight for beer, pizza and pool. should be fun.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
loco said:
Hey Treesaw - Julie went back to work today, and I was up pretty much all night with Caroline. She is not so big on the bottle, so I am not sure how that will go. Julie has a cold or something of the sort, so you can imagine how nervous I am that Caroline will get sick again. She has started to smile a ton, so life is getting more and more exciting around our place.
Wow!!! I can't believe how fast the time goes. I can't wait for Syd to start smiling, but I am not really looking forward to leaving her all day to go back to work. Have you tried different nipples with Caroline? We use the Playtex premium nursers with slow flow nipples and they're great. They are even compatible with my pump. I'll keep my fingers crossed that Caroline doesn't get sick too!!!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
McGRP01 said:
Morning sluts! Beautiful day here in the north country!! Seems my ****ty mood of the last month or so has lifted...for now. So bring it on...it's Miller time!!!
Good to hear! :thumb: Sq-Earl may be interested in some Erban before next week's meeting too!!!

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Morning monkeys.

Not much today. Doing some work on a website and hanging around after class. Finally got my tires onto my Crossmaxes (needed new tubes) and got them mounted to the Dawg. She looks purty.

Other than that....nothing. Stosh, want to ride this weekend?

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
TreeSaw said:
Good to hear! :thumb: Sq-Earl may be interested in some Erban before next week's meeting too!!!
Nice....you know the where and when for the ride! :)

Sounds like you guys have been busy!! I think Jamis is finally turning a corner, I got 5 hours of sleep last night! WooHooo!! :thumb:

J

JRB

yeah - Caroline has tried a few nipples, and is just being spoiled. :think: I think we are on a dangerous path. Thanks for the good thoughts.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
GumbaFish said:
Good morning all. Spring break is o so near, I can't wait.
:stupid:

it'll all be over by 2:30 pm today...