Quantcast

~~Happy Humpday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody?

Didn't do much besides have my mom and Grandma over for dinner last night. It was nice and my grandma made a fresh apple pie, it was still warm when we were eating it. The best part is I get to have some more tonight!! :)

Anyway hope ya all have a great day!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Well, looks like Renae got a job (sales at the local Toyota dealership). The second income is going to be REALLY nice as we've racked up some decent debt lately, but the job is also going to take a BIG bite out of my already limited riding time.

Oh... mornin Stosh.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Well, looks like Renae got a job (sales at the local Toyota dealership). The second income is going to be REALLY nice as we've racked up some decent debt lately, but the job is also going to take a BIG bite out of my already limited riding time.

Oh... mornin Stosh.
Dude, she's working at a Toyota Dealership, that f'ing rocks!!!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
Dude, she's working at a Toyota Dealership, that f'ing rocks!!!
Looks like it. She hasn't actually accepted the offer yet, but it's pretty much just a formality at this point. She's trying to figure out when she can start (they wanted her to start next week, but I'll be in Miami all week, so she's trying to figure out daycare).

The timing acutally works out really well as I've officially come to the conclusion that I'm not putting any more money into my truck. That means we are going to need ot have a replacement by winter.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Looks like it. She hasn't actually accepted the offer yet, but it's pretty much just a formality at this point. She's trying to figure out when she can start (they wanted her to start next week, but I'll be in Miami all week, so she's trying to figure out daycare).

The timing acutally works out really well as I've officially come to the conclusion that I'm not putting any more money into my truck. That means we are going to need ot have a replacement by winter.
Gottcha! YOu should buy and Xterra then! :)
J/K

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Morning Stosh,

morning all...

Well I worked at the shop last night, and tore my bike down to clean and wax it... the mud just wasn't shedding very well anymore... so the wax should help!

worked on some grad work and went to bed only to be woken up by Bek at 1:15 in the morn. saying the motor in our fridge sounded like it was going to catch on fire... then she started complaining that I hadn't hung the smoke detector in the hallway...:dead: ARGH...I tried to sleep after that barrage but didn't do very well, and I finally just got up at 4:00 and pulled the fridge out and started messin with it till I had to get ready for work... after I got out of the shower, I didn't hear the thing buzzin anymore so I don't know what that means!!! :rolleyes: either its fixed or were in for some money on repairs:drool:

needless to say I've got a horrible case of Dragass today!!!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
Gottcha! YOu should buy and Xterra then! :)
J/K
If I get another truck, it'll be a pickup (probably a tacoma). More than likely, I'll get something smaller and better on gas. The direction my life is going, I just don't need/use anything "fun"... so I'll probably swich to something economical like a Matrix.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
First day of classes yesterday. This is going to be a long and HARD term. Oh well, not like its going to get any easier.

Went for a nice ride. It was a nice day and we pedalled around for a while and had a good time. On the way home however my roomate's car started making a sweet knocking noise. We pulled over and the radiator was pissing coolant like R. Kelly does on girls. Dumped a couple of bottles into it and booked ass back here. It is probably shot, so that sucks.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
jacksonpt said:
If I get another truck, it'll be a pickup (probably a tacoma). More than likely, I'll get something smaller and better on gas. The direction my life is going, I just don't need/use anything "fun"... so I'll probably swich to something economical like a Matrix.
im going to have to come your way so she can get me a deal on a landcruiser!!!!!!!

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Morning Monkeys

After work i went for a good ride down to the beach areas.. I love it when i feel like i could pedal forever. Yesterday My legs felt so powerful.. Its a great feeling... Of course it got chilly as the day past and I started to freeze, but that just my stupidity.
Then i went to a friends for a BBQ had a great time, ate way to much... I accidently left my cell there.. today I feel lost.. Its amazing how attached i become to it... even if no one calls.. i still miss it.. wierd

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
So they started tearing down our parking garage today in order to build a bigger, better one (the current one is literally falling apart). Kind of cool to see all the trucks and stuff out there ripping it apart! :thumb: I have to park across town though and take a shuttle to work for the next nine months or so.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
brungeman said:
Morning Stosh,

morning all...

Well I worked at the shop last night, and tore my bike down to clean and wax it... the mud just wasn't shedding very well anymore... so the wax should help!

worked on some grad work and went to bed only to be woken up by Bek at 1:15 in the morn. saying the motor in our fridge sounded like it was going to catch on fire... then she started complaining that I hadn't hung the smoke detector in the hallway...:dead: ARGH...I tried to sleep after that barrage but didn't do very well, and I finally just got up at 4:00 and pulled the fridge out and started messin with it till I had to get ready for work... after I got out of the shower, I didn't hear the thing buzzin anymore so I don't know what that means!!! :rolleyes: either its fixed or were in for some money on repairs:drool:

needless to say I've got a horrible case of Dragass today!!!
You waxed your f'ing bike? WTF?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Good morning monkeys! Last night was out local bike club meeting and that went well...we took the little monkey to meet everyone and she did pretty well there. Then it was home and to bed. This morning I am sending out birth announcements and I just finished doing pilates. I am planning a ride on the rollers after her next feeding. Oh yeah and it snowed (and we just lost all of it) so I have to get out and shovel off the walks and the deck...not a ton, maybe 2" but another thing to do in between feedings.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
stosh said:
You waxed your f'ing bike? WTF?
pledge is the bomb!!!! spray some on a rag and wipe the bike down when its clean... it helps keep dust/dirt from staying on!!!! just dont do the seat!!!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
pledge is the bomb!!!! spray some on a rag and wipe the bike down when its clean... it helps keep dust/dirt from staying on!!!! just dont do the seat!!!!!
or the grips

splat

Nam I am
Morning Stosh!!

Been working way way too much lately. Haven't had a day off in over 3 weeks , and they have been long days, hopefully things will begin to settle down here soon. either that or I'm going to quit ! ( and If I didn't have a Wife /kids /house , I would have walked out the door last week) LAst week I logged over 90 Hours , the week Before was 80 and this is looking like another 80 hour week!!!

I need a Bike ride :(

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Mornin.

Spent the whole afternoon at the ortho doc's office getting my knee pulled and pushed this way and that. The final consensus was that I had a torn ACL and medial meniscus coupled with two nasty-looking bone spurs. He put me on some anti-inflammatory meds that have done wonders for just gettting me to walk like a normal human being again. Got an MRI scheduled for Sunday morning to get all the details ironed out before they slice me up. I'm looking forward to getting this over with and getting rehab started so I can be back on the bike by mid-summer hopefully.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
hooples3 said:
yep I've used pledge before but if I have my bike totally torn down... I usually use "Mothers" pure carnuba car wax... it lasts a LONG LONG time on my bikes... and really helps when cleaning the bike up... I also use it on things like the der. cage etc... when mud gets on it, it just slides right off!!!:thumb: its kinda like rain-X for your paint!!!

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Good morning! I am going out to lunch with my department today... fun times as usual. :weee: Then I get to go get part of my toenail yanked out this afternoon, so that should be exciting too. The lesson here is don't try to dig out an infection on your own. :rolleyes: Have a good mid-week, all!

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Greyhound said:
Mornin.

Spent the whole afternoon at the ortho doc's office getting my knee pulled and pushed this way and that. The final consensus was that I had a torn ACL and medial meniscus coupled with two nasty-looking bone spurs. He put me on some anti-inflammatory meds that have done wonders for just gettting me to walk like a normal human being again. Got an MRI scheduled for Sunday morning to get all the details ironed out before they slice me up. I'm looking forward to getting this over with and getting rehab started so I can be back on the bike by mid-summer hopefully.
good luck with it Greyhound, I really hate hearing injury stories! I hope your surgery on your knee goes as smoothly as my shoulder... I was better after the surgery than I had ever been. (my original shoulder injury happened when I was 5) I went all those years thinking the weakness was normal:ouch:

good luck!!! we're with you!!!

riverside73

Monkey
Nov 29, 2004
Morning. I woke up excited this morning...not in the way some of you are thinking!!! 24 Hrs til I am bound for Moab; mostly for work but i am going to get in a day of riding. I have never been there and i am stoked. Wish i had more than a day but I am pretty damn lucky to be getting that!

J

JRB

TreeSaw said:
Good morning monkeys! Last night was out local bike club meeting and that went well...we took the little monkey to meet everyone and she did pretty well there. Then it was home and to bed. This morning I am sending out birth announcements and I just finished doing pilates. I am planning a ride on the rollers after her next feeding. Oh yeah and it snowed (and we just lost all of it) so I have to get out and shovel off the walks and the deck...not a ton, maybe 2" but another thing to do in between feedings.
We took Caroline to the bike club meeting the first Monday this month. I didn't let anyone hold her though.

My dad dug out some baby pics of me last night and there is no mistaking who she looks like. I have been saying, but no one believed me. My dad was just being quiet until he had proof I guess. Man - she is one cute kid. :thumb:

J

JRB

hooples3 said:
what just happened to RM??? it looks totally different dammit... I though i was on the wrong site
Stick around. We'll say some things so you know you are in the right spot.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
brungeman said:
good luck with it Greyhound, I really hate hearing injury stories! I hope your surgery on your knee goes as smoothly as my shoulder... I was better after the surgery than I had ever been. (my original shoulder injury happened when I was 5) I went all those years thinking the weakness was normal:ouch:

good luck!!! we're with you!!!

Thanks, man--I was really in a good riding groove when this happened, but it's all good. It's a shame I'll miss part of the season, but if everything goes well, I'll be back riding in no time. Thanks for the thoughts!!

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Goodmorning!

Is this the Toyota appreciation thread this morning? If so, I'd like to add that I heart my Corolla.

Had a great day at "work" yesterday. My assignment was to follow a scenic bike route along the river and through the country side, take pictures and write up a story on it. It was a great ride.

Work really weared me out and I slept very well last night :)

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
loco said:
We took Caroline to the bike club meeting the first Monday this month. I didn't let anyone hold her though.

My dad dug out some baby pics of me last night and there is no mistaking who she looks like. I have been saying, but no one believed me. My dad was just being quiet until he had proof I guess. Man - she is one cute kid. :thumb:
She was awake for the whole meeting too and not really too fussy (even though it was feeding time). We too were the only ones who held her too. I think Syd looks like Earl too, but she is SO cute and smiling lately. My two new favorite pictures:

J

JRB

It's scary how much babies look alike. I have a pic of Caroline that looks like the second one. I am going to put some pics on photobucket in a day or two and will email the link to you.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
I was at the SMBA meeting last night. Treesaw's baby is SUPER CUTE....confirmed! Maybe I should post some pics of my own baby huh? Man I'm a bad dad... :o:

BAH

The Red Baron
Sep 29, 2005
America
woke up to go ride and checked my email, a buddy finally bought a light so we are going riding tonight at 9pm. Should be interesting.