Quantcast

~~Happy Humpday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

Little snow on the ground here but nothing to worry about. As soon as the sun came up the snow left. :)
Well I'm hoping to do an easy rail-trail ride tomorrow with a newbie. That way Friday he can complain about how much his butt hurts and how he needs a bigger seat. Should be loads of fun! :)

Anyway hope ya all have a great day!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

Snow here too - not much, but a good coating... everything is white again.

Sat down with Renae last night and hashed out the whole truck thing (mine needs LOTS of work and has seen better days)... we talked about getting rid of it, what I would get to replace it, fixing it up, etc. etc. We talked dollars and what we could afford, and what made more sense... all the good stuff. At the end of the night, it's 99% set that we will keep my truck (fix it up as we can afford to), but I'll lease a Matrix for my daily driver. As you may have seen, I was interested in a few other cars as well, but it's hard to ignore the deal she would get on a Toyota.

So that was last night... good news indeed as I'm very happy to be able to keep my truck. I get into work this morning, check various message boards (my morning routine), and find out that there is a group by going on this week for skid plates - 20% off. This is huge as skid plates are one of the bigger "needs" for my truck.

Oh, also finally got my ass in gear and got back to working out. Had a good session this morning, though I could tell I was "rusty" from being lazy for 2 months. All the traveling I did made it hard to work out as none of the hotels had a decent exercise facility.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
stosh said:
Well I'm hoping to do an easy rail-trail ride tomorrow with a newbie. That way Friday he can complain about how much his butt hurts and how he needs a bigger seat. Should be loads of fun! :)
I hope that is the only reason his but hurts... you aren't planning anything funny now are you?:rofl:

JK.... JK

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
brungeman said:
I hope that is the only reason his but hurts... you aren't planning anything funny now are you?:rofl:

JK.... JK
Fawk... I knew that would come off wrong.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Mornin Stosh.

Snow here too - not much, but a good coating... everything is white again.

Sat down with Renae last night and hashed out the whole truck thing (mine needs LOTS of work and has seen better days)... we talked about getting rid of it, what I would get to replace it, fixing it up, etc. etc. We talked dollars and what we could afford, and what made more sense... all the good stuff. At the end of the night, it's 99% set that we will keep my truck (fix it up as we can afford to), but I'll lease a Matrix for my daily driver. As you may have seen, I was interested in a few other cars as well, but it's hard to ignore the deal she would get on a Toyota.

So that was last night... good news indeed as I'm very happy to be able to keep my truck. I get into work this morning, check various message boards (my morning routine), and find out that there is a group by going on this week for skid plates - 20% off. This is huge as skid plates are one of the bigger "needs" for my truck.

Oh, also finally got my ass in gear and got back to working out. Had a good session this morning, though I could tell I was "rusty" from being lazy for 2 months. All the traveling I did made it hard to work out as none of the hotels had a decent exercise facility.
So your truck still stays as your "toy"?

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning! Got a damn cold I can't seem to shake. Sucks. Going out to dinner tonight with the wife and parents for my birthday. Get some decent mexican, listen to a friend of mine play guitar, drink some beers... Should be a good one. :)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
McGRP01 said:
Morning! Got a damn cold I can't seem to shake. Sucks. Going out to dinner tonight with the wife and parents for my birthday. Get some decent mexican, listen to a friend of mine play guitar, drink some beers... Should be a good one. :)
Sounds like a good night to me!!!

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
I am super busy printing crap for the school today... and I am going to attempt (again) to find out what is wrong with my T-shirt Dryer... hopefully I can get the thing running, cause I have a bunch of kids who want to print T-shirts...

In biking news... I am still in a holding pattern... but I did find out that the carbon rear ends for the 575 are backordered till June...:dead: so if I want to ride a bike this spring... I should just get the AL. as Jackson said, at least it will be as bombproof as a bike gets...

have a good day all...

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning.

I've been mixing up my workout routine because it was getting a bit stagnant. Man, any change in the workout makes for some sore muscles the next day.

Not much on the slate for tonight. Same old, same old.....go to the gym, go home, cook some grub.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
McGRP01 said:

did you get that ink?

:EDIT: sorry just saw your response on the other thread...

:EDIT2: what are your plans for your next piece?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Yep - it's all but for sure at this point. Probably mean no play bike any time soon, but that's a trade-off I'm happy to make.
Yeah it sounds like a sweet deal to me!

How's your wife's back feeling lately?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
brungeman said:
I am super busy printing crap for the school today... and I am going to attempt (again) to find out what is wrong with my T-shirt Dryer... hopefully I can get the thing running, cause I have a bunch of kids who want to print T-shirts...

In biking news... I am still in a holding pattern... but I did find out that the carbon rear ends for the 575 are backordered till June...:dead: so if I want to ride a bike this spring... I should just get the AL. as Jackson said, at least it will be as bombproof as a bike gets...

have a good day all...
Do you teach your students Autocad?

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Tigg, going to Jake's Roundup for your birthday?

Morning to all. Began demangling Maureen's dh rig last night at the shop, changing out the bent to hell rotors, pulling the chain guide out from under the swingarm and peeling away the red clay from the frame that is Plattekill. Restringed the bass and went to sleep. Tonight my band is playing with Gorilla Angreb, and band from Denmark who supposedly sound like X, we'll see...Tomorrow hopefully brings a quick ride after work...one can only hope!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
brungeman said:
I did find out that the carbon rear ends for the 575 are backordered till June...:dead:
Yikes! That's ok though... it'll save you some cash, get you out on the trail sooner, and in the grand scheme of things, you'll never know the difference.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
How's your wife's back feeling lately?
Very good. It fatigues very quickly, but even that is getting better. She started her job the week I was in Miami - so she was pretty sore that week (on her feet all day plus no help with the kids), but she's been really good lately otherwise.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Very good. It fatigues very quickly, but even that is getting better. She started her job the week I was in Miami - so she was pretty sore that week (on her feet all day plus no help with the kids), but she's been really good lately otherwise.
That sounds great man! Good to hear!!
What exactly is she doing at Toyota?

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
What exactly is she doing at Toyota?
Just selling. At least for now. Once she's "proven" herself and knows the toyota lineup inside, out, and backwards, she might get to do a little marketing as well. But that is a ways down the road at this point.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Just selling. At least for now. Once she's "proven" herself and knows the toyota lineup inside, out, and backwards, she might get to do a little marketing as well. But that is a ways down the road at this point.
Gottcha!
I spent a lot a lot a lot of time at our local our Toyota dealership and we know the owner quite well. It IS the only place I would EVER consider working at. Not only because of the owners but because of how Toyota excpects their dealership to run from the top down. I have been very happy with what I see Toyota doing.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
jacksonpt said:
Yikes! That's ok though... it'll save you some cash, get you out on the trail sooner, and in the grand scheme of things, you'll never know the difference.
you are right... what does 200 grams = in pounds anyways... if you cant just say it will save ___lbs then why bother;)

I am JONESIN for a bike... I know I have a perfectly good one but it is all cleaned up and ready for shipment after sale... oh well...

I also cant decide... between the Ano blk, raw, and orange...

I am not that happy with painted bikes... I had been spoiled with a powder coated bike... that lasted almost 10 yrs without a chip or scratch... (and I beat that bike)

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
brungeman said:
you are right... what does 200 grams = in pounds anyways... if you cant just say it will save ___lbs then why bother;)

I am JONESIN for a bike... I know I have a perfectly good one but it is all cleaned up and ready for shipment after sale... oh well...

I also cant decide... between the Ano blk, raw, and orange...

I am not that happy with painted bikes... I had been spoiled with a powder coated bike... that lasted almost 10 yrs without a chip or scratch... (and I beat that bike)
200 grams = 4/9 of a pound = 0.44444 lbs

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Ugh good F'n morning. It's pretty gloomy looking here so no ride, not that I have enough time to anyways with all of the class and work I need to do this week. Friday can't come soon enough.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
brungeman said:

(and I beat that bike)
Using pounds as a primary measuring system is as dumb as creationism. Metric just makes more sense, and is easier to use. Yeesh.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
GumbaFish said:
I honestly thought it was tuesday....dang now I really have a lot left to accomplish lol.
ha, sucks for you!
Payday is tomorrow for me, I'm glad it's not Tuesday.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Jim Mac said:
PS: my building just got "skunked", they sprayed outside my window and now my office reeks like bad pot. Excellent.
bwahhhhh
So basically you feel like your back in college.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
It's wednesday. Whoopie.

I've got an exam at 12, and just got back from class. I can't wait for this week and next week to be over.
Hey we're re-sched. our bike ride to Sunday.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
OK, well serious stink weed Not bad per say. Just bad in the way that I have to explain that it's a skunk my less than rural savy coworkers smell and not some bong I have hidden in my desk.

J

JRB

Good morning. My road ride sucked last night. I don't want to be here.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
brungeman said:
Sorry mang... I don't right now... I teach PhotoShop, and layout and design using CorelDraw on the computers, and I teach Offset lithography, and Screen printing.

I used to teach auto cad also... do you have a specific question?
I was just asking. I took CAD in highschool, and I'm glad I did.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
rideit said:
Using pounds as a primary measuring system is as dumb as creationism. Metric just makes more sense, and is easier to use. Yeesh.
:rofl:

I agree... that was part of my statement also... that all the bikes are measured in lbs... and parts are measured in ounces... WTF... just use a standard... :mumble: