Quantcast

~~Happy Humpday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

Sorry I wasn't here for the GMT yesterday however I was running a 102 fever and I have strep throat. :)
Needless to say I was at the doctors for 3 F'ing hours yesterday. Urgent care my a$$.

Anyway I'm not supposed to be home today, Aubrey is going to get her tonsils out and I was supposed to go with her however in my current condition I've had to keep my distance and a hospital isn't the place for me right now.

Hope ya all have a great day!

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
sorry to hear your condition is Sh!tty Stosh...

I however am enjoying this Friday... yes I said Friday morning... we are off until next Weds... I have a couple of jobs to do over the weekend and some grad school work, and last but definitely most important... I am building up my 575!!! WHOOT WHOOT!!!

I cant friggin wait!!!

Going drinking with some of the coworkers after school today... LIFE IS GOOD!!!!

have a great Wednesday folks... I'll be enjoying my Friday!!! :agree:

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Yo all. Trying to bang out a bunch of rides while the weather is nice and before I go away all of next week. Hit up a quick ride last night in the Pine Bush for about 2 hrs and had the pleasure of pulling a tick off my leg while driving home. Of course I dropped it so I am assuming it's still creepy crawling around my car somewhere. Excellent!

Going to hit up either Gibbs Farm or Pittstown tonight post work...we'll see if this 70 degree temp stuff will dry out the mud a bit.

...and only 17 more days until Plattekill opens!

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
good morning Stosh. Hope your both feeling better soon.

I'm off to jury duty. Yeaaa!!! I just jumped on :monkey: to list some parts in buy/sell.
Time to make a couple of sandwiches and hit the road.

Bike is packed in the car. If I get out early enough I'll be riding this afternoon. (fingers crossed).

splat

Nam I am
Sorry to hear your Under the weather stosh, get better. Tonsils yuk. I wish they would pull Mine. I get tonsilitis ( Sp ? ) at least once a year.

any way , today I doing a Lunch ride with SloMoJo, then after work I get to Pickup my FSR XC from the shop with all the new parts to replace the broken ones. After that i am going on a ride with the Bike shop people.

It really helps to get youre Bike fixed faster , when you tell them your next ride is there ride. They are telling every one else its 2 weeks to get bikes fixed and mine is done in 3 days :)

J

JRB

Good morning.

Don't be a pvssy, stosh. How much energy does it take to post on ridemonkey???

I covered the GMT anyway.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco said:
Good morning.

Don't be a pvssy, stosh. How much energy does it take to post on ridemonkey???

I covered the GMT anyway.
Thanks, that makes me feel SOOOO much better.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

Rode yesterday, riding after work today (should be my first real mountain bike ride of the season). Meeting a couple of other riders at the trailhead - hoping for about 3 hours of sweetness at my favorite trails.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Jim Mac said:
...and only 17 more days until Plattekill opens!
:thumb:

Morning all. Hope you feel better Stosh! I'm leaving work at 11:30 today and headed to 3 doctors myself. One to get something to fix what I believe has elevated into a sinus infection, one to get a new prescription put in my glasses and one for my required "consult" before I get the 'ol snip & tie. Doubt I'll be returning to work...

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Good morning all!!! WAY Too busy to post yesterday, but things are calming down today. LONG day yesterday. Started out with setting up the stage at Proctor's theater, followed by rehearsals and taking care of about 225 elementary students then 235 middle school students and then 120 high school students with seating and set-up changes after each group. After all of that fun, I got to run around to all 4 of my schools then had a concert in the evening. I didn't get home until just after 10pm last night :dead: Syd came to the concert and did SO well...she was too cute. My students have been dying to meet her so I introduced her to them last night. I was amazed that most of the boys were as interested as the girls (a couple seemed even more interested) in playing with her and she was having fun smiling and playing with them all.

Anyway today I am rehearsing with my kids and teaching lessons to those who remembered or aren't on vacation yet.

Stosh - feel better soon!!!
Tigg - good luck with all the Dr. apts today! Reward yourself with a tasty beer or 2 afterward :D

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Hope you don't die, that would suck.

Got in a really good ride. Got in that groove where I don't even remember the ride, just felt awesome when I was finished.

Then met with the designer/contractor who is doing our kitchen. Found out that we are way ahead of the curve on what we want. So much so that he isn't going to charge us for any design work. Can't wait as this kitchen is a mess in form and function. That should start in about 6 weeks.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Stosh man, that sucks. Get yourself better fast, man. And give Aubrey my best with her tonsils. Jello isn't just for wrestling anymore.

Morning monkeys. I'm doing well on exams thus far. All 85s and above, so I'm in a decent mood this week. Other than that, my elbow is throbbing and I'm a bit tired. The usual.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Hey folks!

Last day of the f'ing week for me today. I get the knee scoped tomorrow and will be out of work for a couple of days. This weekend is supposed to be beautiful with temps in the mid 80's!!!! Unfortunately, no riding for me for a week or two, but I'm sure the fishing rod will get some time off the shelf whilst I convalesce.

After spending 13 hours on my feet at work yesterday, I had to come home and chase a stupid dog around the neighborhood for 3 hours. We've been dog-sitting for a friend since Sat., and the damn thing broke its leash and took off across the cow pasture near our house--stopping just briefly each time to roll in every fresh cow-pie she found along the way. It was the most disgusting thing I've ever been a part of. The dog runs for 3 straight hours without stopping.....it finally collapsed from exhaustion and we were able to get a leash on her and get her back to the house. I tied her up outside and when her owner got to the house, I pointed to the pole where she was leashed--still caked with cow-poo, and said "There ya go sweetheart.......you can either take her home as is or wash her off with the hose--either way, I have no desire to see her again--ever!!" The stupid dog doesn't even know her own name much less wold come to you when you called her. I hate that f'ing dog.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
decent spin class last night, not much else to report. was gonna try to get to sleep early (say 9PM), but wasted too much time on the PC. argh.

BAH

The Red Baron
Sep 29, 2005
America
In the process of seeding my lawn. It was sunny yesterday so I had to stay home all day so I could water the yard every couple of hours.
today I'm gonna bike into town and rent a dodge charger because I have a bunch of errands to do that I can't get all done on my bike :)
Gonna watch AVP today too.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
douglas said:
I suck.
I was schooled by a bunch of old dudes on a road ride yesterday.
oh and my right Achilles tendon hurts

Did you do the night ride on monday too? Your old ass needs to rest after doing a century. Riding does not make you stronger, rest does. Your going to burn yourself out.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Jim Mac said:
Did you do the Tuesday CBRC ride? The "A" group riders there are a bunch of road rippers...

I did the MHCC ride out of NorthGreenbush

is that cbrc ride, the terror tuesday ride?

and yeah I know those CBRC/NAV guys are freaking strong riders....any time I get cocky I'll just go to do a road or mtn ride with them, instant humbleness

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Westy said:
Did you do the night ride on monday too? Your old ass needs to rest after doing a century. Riding does not make you stronger, rest does. Your going to burn yourself out.

no ride monday..but I did like 2 hours of trail work

rest is a good idea, this w/e:

Sat=road race
Sun=mtn bike race

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Good morning. Feel better, Stosh! That stinks. At least Aubrey's healthy and able to have her surgery. I hope you both heal up quickly!

I had a great ride last night after work. I rode a good portion of Vassar Farms and my endurance has definitely increased over the winter. I love having awesome singletrack just down the road from where I work :thumb:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
brungeman said:
yep I feel bad for them too... I hope he has a nice saddle!!!:rofl:

not sure if the nutz will be too happy, but I just got a new one

attivo superlight pro..194 grams (about 1000 grams lighter than my old one)