Quantcast

~~Happy Humpday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

I had a typical day yesterday at work till 5pm when my bosses called me into the conference room. We are a few weeks past raises so I've been waiting to hear what the deal is. It started out well with them praising me because I'm so awesome. Then they said they would like to offer me $2k per semester to go back to school. I've been considering going back to school but I've had some issues with it. One being I was always afraid of missing to much work. So I was like FLIPPING sweet! Just then when I thought I couldn't get anymore excited they give me a 12% raise. :)
Basically what all this means is that by me going back to school they want me to get my Architecture Stamp and become a partner. It's a long road...but I think it will be worth it in the end.

Ok...
Hope ya all have a great day!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Trainwreck said:
Congratulations Stosh!

No news here other than the RM glasses arrived and I was forced to have a beer last night.
I got my glasses.... I didn't want to tain them with beer yet. They are to nice to use! I think I'll just use them as a center piece on our table.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
WTF - didn't you just get a raise last year or something??? I haven't had a raise in 4 years. But seriously - congrats man. Are you going to do the school thing?

I had a decent day yesterday. Made some big headway on a project I've been knee-deep in for a couple of months. Rode on my lunch break and the weather was perfect. Had a good night at home with the kids, slept pretty well, but have been having really weird dreams of late, and last night was no different.

Today looks to be an even better day - I finished the project I mentioned above, will be finishing another one this afternoon (which means of the 3 things I HAD to get done with week, I'll be done with the 2 biggest ones by the end of today). And to top it all off, the weather today looks to be even better than it was yesterday. I might actually get to ride in shorts today! Supposed to push 70!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Trainwreck said:
Congratulations Stosh!

No news here other than the RM glasses arrived and I was forced to have a beer last night.
Cool - I was looking at those. I definitely needs some pint glasses, and I'm really digging the Yeti ones.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
I got my glasses.... I didn't want to tain them with beer yet. They are to nice to use! I think I'll just use them as a center piece on our table.
get a bunch of them and use them as center pieces for your wedding reception. Then give them away at the end!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
WTF - didn't you just get a raise last year or something??? I haven't had a raise in 4 years. But seriously - congrats man. Are you going to do the school thing?

I had a decent day yesterday. Made some big headway on a project I've been knee-deep in for a couple of months. Rode on my lunch break and the weather was perfect. Had a good night at home with the kids, slept pretty well, but have been having really weird dreams of late, and last night was no different.

Today looks to be an even better day - I finished the project I mentioned above, will be finishing another one this afternoon (which means of the 3 things I HAD to get done with week, I'll be done with the 2 biggest ones by the end of today). And to top it all off, the weather today looks to be even better than it was yesterday. I might actually get to ride in shorts today! Supposed to push 70!
Yeah I'm going to do the school thing. The BIGGEST problem with the school thing is Arch. isn't something you can do online and even though Vassar, Marist, SUNY New Paltz are all within an easy drive, NONE offer 4yr architecture degrees. I will most likely have to take some classes in NYC.
Yes I got a raise 1yr ago.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
get a bunch of them and use them as center pieces for your wedding reception. Then give them away at the end!
No you're not invited!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
Yeah I'm going to do the school thing. The BIGGEST problem with the school thing is Arch. isn't something you can do online and even though Vassar, Marist, SUNY New Paltz are all within an easy drive, NONE offer 4yr architecture degrees. I will most likely have to take some classes in NYC.
Yes I got a raise 1yr ago.
that just about sucks. How long (time, not distance) would that drive be for you?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
that just about sucks. How long (time, not distance) would that drive be for you?
I think NYC is 69miles from my exit on Rte 17.

My office is about 20min closer.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
stosh said:
How is everybody today?

I had a typical day yesterday at work till 5pm when my bosses called me into the conference room. We are a few weeks past raises so I've been waiting to hear what the deal is. It started out well with them praising me because I'm so awesome. Then they said they would like to offer me $2k per semester to go back to school. I've been considering going back to school but I've had some issues with it. One being I was always afraid of missing to much work. So I was like FLIPPING sweet! Just then when I thought I couldn't get anymore excited they give me a 12% raise. :)
Basically what all this means is that by me going back to school they want me to get my Architecture Stamp and become a partner. It's a long road...but I think it will be worth it in the end.

Ok...
Congrats!
That's great news, stosh.

I guess the South is safe for at least 6-8 more years........:rofl:

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
stosh said:
How is everybody today?

Ok...

THAT IS GREAT STOSH CONGRATS! I guess the don't notice how much time you spend on the monkey:rofl:

That is a great opportunity:thumb:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:
Congrats!
That's great news, stosh.

I guess the South is safe for at least 6-8 more years........:rofl:
Yeah you're all safe for now! Unfortunatly I had some close friends move down there so my visit is imminent.

J

JRB

Congrats, stosh. I just had a big storm with no rain that blew my friggin' redbud tree in half. OK - not quite half, since the portion that blew down was the big side.

Other than that - I am thinking of taking a 35% pay cut to go run the bike shop.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
Congrats Stosh! :thumb: I can tell it was a good day for you when you didn't even mention your bike ride last night. How was it?
that didn't go so well. I took my front der off because I THOUGHT I didn't need it. Well apparently I did. I kept loosing my chain without it!

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning. I was a meeting all day yesterday at our Network Operations Center. It was cool...I actaully learned a lot of stuff. :thumb: And we got free lunch. :drool: The bike is on the Jeep today and I'll be riding after work. I'm actually a bit nervous about it for some reason. This will only be my second ride of the season, and the first one almost killed me. That along with the fact that I'm just getting over a 3 week cold makes me think that it's gonna be a slow pace tonight. Guess I'll do the best I can...

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Well I have been chasing down a problem with my T-shirt Dryer for the past month+. The school Electrician took a few minutes to diagnose a problem with part A, so we ordered that part, (2 week wait for it to arrive) then the thing still didn't work, electrician sais it has to be this part B. (2 week wait for part to arrive) replace part still not working! The power tech teacher and I look at the thing, and diagnose Part C is not working, 2 week wait, put part in, and the thing works! WHOOT WHOOT! This means we will finally be able to print T-s now.

last night Bek and I took Emma and our dog for a walk up on our back hill, we had a great time, and Emma brought home a nice collection of rocks. I am glad she doesn't mind gettin dirty! she likes playing in the dirt, and picking up sticks and stuff. The funniest thing is every time she sees a bike she shouts Daddy!

I guess things are good today.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Good morning! I've had a most excellent day thus far. The little monster got up at 6am (I couldn't believe she slept so long) and played for a few minutes before nursing. Once she fell asleep, I decided to get up and do a light workout...pilates it was and then I had some breakfast, paid some bills, checked e-mail, now I am getting ready to do some crunches on the pain ball and hopefully will get in a ride and one more nursing before noon :thumb:

CONGRATULATIONS Stosh -- sounds like your company really appreciates you and values you as an employee.

Tonight we are meeting up with the priest to discuss Syd's christening (it's this Saturday) and having dinner at my folks house.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
douglas, gotta ask what holds that coveted #1 worst movie in a theater title.

great spin class last night; i did a hard, steady effort @ for the entire night w/ a couple of short intervals thrown in, listening to my own tunes. then went out to dinner w/ some project team members and had a great duck dish (pan-seared breast, confit leg, spring roll w/ duck, and some greens w/ cured duck meat).

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
It's been forever that I posted in one of these threads. It is awesomly nice out this week - perfect riding weather. So, that's what I did yesterday! I went out for about 20 miles of nice fast riding. Today I'm going mountain biking after work. Can't wait!

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Had 2 tests today. The first one went well, the second was just absolutely awful. I did all of the homework, and did it very well, but this test was just too long and had too much information on it. It was overwhelming, and I didn't do as well as I hoped. Oh well. Now off to work I go.

J

JRB

manhattanprjkt83 said:
Thank god that brungeman thread was deleted...

:thumb: to keeping the board to atleast some sort of standard...
I liked how standard it was without him. :D

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
congrats stosh !! that awesome!!!!!!

hopefully you will read this!!!

not to much here going on.. finished putting in the french doors.. waiting 3 more weeks until i get my puppy.. thats about it.. ooo and I cant wait for stewart!!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
congrats stosh !! that awesome!!!!!!

hopefully you will read this!!!

not to much here going on.. finished putting in the french doors.. waiting 3 more weeks until i get my puppy.. thats about it.. ooo and I cant wait for stewart!!!!
I can't wait to see pics!

Rob, New fork? WTF?