Quantcast

~~Happy Humpday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

Man I can't believe it's Wed. already! This week has flown by!
I'm working late again today but I'm hoping to squeeze a ride in tomorrow.

Have a great day!!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I'm replaying Toshi's classical posting at the moment.

Followed by Narlus' Electric Massada contribution.

Followed by a live version of "Laze It Up" by Swervedriver.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Off to Atlanta this afternoon to meet with a new client. Taking my bike and hope to get a ride or two in while I'm there but the weather looks to be dodgy.

Willow helped me pull weeds yesterday. I turned my back on her and when I turned around she had yanked several of the annuals my wife planted Sunday. When I quit laughing it was off to the Depot for replacements.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

Lunch time ride today... gotta get out of this funk I've been in.

Had a great workout last night. Renae is working a lot (~70 hours a week), so I figured I'd take the next 6 weeks or so and try to get into some kind of weight training routine... see if I can end up in really good shape for the summer.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
DRB said:
Off to Atlanta this afternoon to meet with a new client. Taking my bike and hope to get a ride or two in while I'm there but the weather looks to be dodgy.

Willow helped me pull weeds yesterday. I turned my back on her and when I turned around she had yanked several of the annuals my wife planted Sunday. When I quit laughing it was off to the Depot for replacements.
:rofl: you gotta love kids :thumb: I'm laughing sooooo fvcking hard! you just gotta love em!

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Yo all. Work,work, work today then off for a (hopefully) 2 hour ride tonight, now that the rain has stopped here in the greater northeast. We'll see how the rocks make my still sore tendon feel!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Mornin Stosh.

Had a great workout last night. Renae is working a lot (~70 hours a week), so I figured I'd take the next 6 weeks or so and try to get into some kind of weight training routine... see if I can end up in really good shape for the summer.
FYI we're riding at Stewart this Saturday at 12pm.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
DRB said:

Ha, thats awesome! I can't wait till I have kids!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
I can't wait till I have kids!
Yes you can... believe me, you can. I'm not saying kids aren't great, but it's a whole different game with kids... especially multiple kids. Enjoy your kidless life while you can so you make the most of your kidded life later.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
cool - who's going to be there. Renae works all day Saturdays. Retail hours suck.
Me, Beth, Rob, Hooples (george from MBW) and Tame Ape.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Mornin Stosh,

Rode Vassar yesterday and ended up being rained on. It was a good ride though. Riding again tonight when there's no threat of rain whatsoever.

And just so I don't write "nothing much" we made speedie chicken wraps last night, drank Magic Hat, and watched Fun With Dick And Jane. Interesting commentary on the "evil corporations" that have been smashed by the SEC and fallen apart during money laundering investigations and such.

Stosh, noon on Saturday, right?

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
robdamanii said:
And just so I don't write "nothing much" we made speedie chicken wraps last night, drank Magic Hat, and watched Fun With Dick And Jane. Interesting commentary on the "evil corporations" that have been smashed by the SEC and fallen apart during money laundering investigations and such.
ugh... not really my kind of movie, but thanks to Tea Lioni or whatever he name is, I wouldn't touch it with a 10' pole. I can't stand her. Jodie Foster is another one. She totally ruined Flightplan (which I tried to watch last night).

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
jacksonpt said:
ugh... not really my kind of movie, but thanks to Tea Lioni or whatever he name is, I wouldn't touch it with a 10' pole. I can't stand her. Jodie Foster is another one. She totally ruined Flightplan (which I tried to watch last night).
Jodie Foster is a trainwreck.

Tea Leoni has a nice pair of legs on her....that's something redeeming.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
jacksonpt said:
Mornin Stosh.

Hey isn't it your Birthday? :thumb:

did you make a choice of cars yet?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Yes you can... believe me, you can. I'm not saying kids aren't great, but it's a whole different game with kids... especially multiple kids. Enjoy your kidless life while you can so you make the most of your kidded life later.
I'm in no rush believe me, right now pleanty of our friends have some for daily rentals.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
Mornin Stosh,

Rode Vassar yesterday and ended up being rained on. It was a good ride though. Riding again tonight when there's no threat of rain whatsoever.

Stosh, noon on Saturday, right?
Correct, and can you guys ride tomorrow around 6pm?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
got a great deal on tickets to atlanta ($150) using 10K FF miles, then i noticed a little later the price went up to $414 !!

is there any Atlanta monkeys??

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i could use a larger monitor. 21" or better, please. i'll PM you my mailing address.

felt really good @ spin class last night...good interval workout of standing, sitting, sprint, recover...times for each portion increased then decreased.

wife has book club tonight, so i'll have the boys.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
morning everyone,

off with absolutely zero responsibilities today. as soon as it warms up I'm going to ride my shiney new D.O.C. over the the skatepark. Sunny & mid-60s. YeeHaw! I've only got one afternoon of ride time in so far, but I'm about 90% convinced this bike will be the death of me. I't SO different from my Chameleon, like going from a horse to a sketchy pony.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Morning all,

Got rained out of our trailbuilding session last night so I just worked at the bike shop for a few hours, went home and had a beer to try to drown my sorrows of being bummed about the weather.

super busy with the school year winding down, all the kids are trying to get their projects done.

now that the damn rain has passed we have to deal with cold weather for a few days. I guess as long as the rain holds off we can get to the building.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Aloha,
Today is my last day of classes for this semester. Thank god. All I have left is finals and one paper to do.
This afternoon, Im going riding...

J

JRB

Good morning. I spoke with the owner of the shop and he is talking to his accountant to see if he can pay what I say I need. I am sure he will counter, but if we can get within $3k of what I need, I will do it this year. I'll make up sales for sure, so we'll likely work out a bonus plan. I hate to count on them, but would really like the job. I am really thinking it is a bigger picture foot in the door for a few years down the road. I am really tired of corporate sales in my current industry.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
loco said:
Good morning. I spoke with the owner of the shop and he is talking to his accountant to see if he can pay what I say I need. I am sure he will counter, but if we can get within $3k of what I need, I will do it this year. I'll make up sales for sure, so we'll likely work out a bonus plan. I hate to count on them, but would really like the job. I am really thinking it is a bigger picture foot in the door for a few years down the road. I am really tired of corporate sales in my current industry.
That's pretty cool you're actually going to do this thing. Imagine the discounts...

J

JRB

BurlyShirley said:
That's pretty cool you're actually going to do this thing. Imagine the discounts...
I only get to do it with agreement with Julie that I don't buy a ton of stuff. I am pretty set though. I have a really nice trail bike, although I may get lighter wheels one day. I have a steel dura-ace road bike, a decent cross bike and a cool new urban bike. I should be good. I may actually build the disc wheels for my cross bike, but should be able to restrain myself. It will be nice when something breaks.

There are actually two stores and I will help get things working in tandem between them. I am also going to get an eBay store going for him in the long term. It sounds like an exciting gig. I won't spend 10 hours a day on here pissing people off, so there is an upside for everyone. It is a Specialized shop, so you'll never have to worry about being screwed on your axle again. :D

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
loco said:
I only get to do it with agreement with Julie that I don't buy a ton of stuff. I am pretty set though. I have a really nice trail bike, although I may get lighter wheels one day. I have a steel dura-ace road bike, a decent cross bike and a cool new urban bike. I should be good. I may actually build the disc wheels for my cross bike, but should be able to restrain myself. It will be nice when something breaks.

There are actually two stores and I will help get things working in tandem between them. I am also going to get an eBay store going for him in the long term. It sounds like an exciting gig. I won't spend 10 hours a day on here pissing people off, so there is an upside for everyone. It is a Specialized shop, so you'll never have to worry about being screwed on your axle again. :D
Sounds like it's something you really need to do at this point in your life to take a step back and put everything in perspective. Hopefully it works out and you can get them going.

You doing a standard online store as well as ebay or no?

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
loco said:
It is a Specialized shop, so you'll never have to worry about being screwed on your axle again. :D
Speaking of...they still havent gotten that in, and as for re-dishing the wheel, the guy says he needs 2mm shorter spokes on one side, and he'll have to rebuild the whole thing. ****! So basically I got screwed on this deal. I guess it's my fault, I mean, the ad didnt say anything about the special specs of the wheel but hey, that's what i get for buying over the internet....
My backup wheel that Im riding is messed up too. You know the stock wheels from a Haro? Thats what I got on the back. I took apart the hub the other day, cleaned it, greased it, tightened it all back up, and the bearings are smooth, but the hub rocks forward and back in the dropouts....and the spokes are tight :confused:
Oh...and Im leaving for Pisgah in like 7 days and Im too broke to buy a new wheel. This is ****ing great. I hope it holds up.:rolleyes: :mumble:

J

JRB

robdamanii said:
Sounds like it's something you really need to do at this point in your life to take a step back and put everything in perspective. Hopefully it works out and you can get them going.

You doing a standard online store as well as ebay or no?
Thanks man.

I am sure I will at some point, but don't really have the marketing dollars to get it cranked up right away. I would like to do something along the lines of Alfred E. Bike one day. I'll visit with Hammerhead Bikes when I do, since Charles was tied into Quality when he ran his. I don't want to over do it in the beginning and it get half assed. I am pretty particular about perfection, so I will want the holes worked out when it is started.

J

JRB

BurlyShirley said:
<snip>crappy wheel thing.
I know it's the same as what you have, but it's barely used, like 3 rides, if you want me to send you the wheel from my Haro for your trip. It is true, so it's better than nothing. I can send it tomorrow and you can pay me later for shipping.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Good morning all. Hopefully it will be nice when I get out of class around 4 so I can get in a ride. Other than that nothing to report here.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
loco said:
I know it's the same as what you have, but it's barely used, like 3 rides, if you want me to send you the wheel from my Haro for your trip. It is true, so it's better than nothing. I can send it tomorrow and you can pay me later for shipping.
Nah, I appreciate it though. I DO have a Big Mammoth Fat wheel on an XT hub with a solid axle that weighs about 10 pounds I could put on there if it really came down to it. Again, I appreciate the gesture though.

J

JRB

BurlyShirley said:
Nah, I appreciate it though. I DO have a Big Mammoth Fat wheel on an XT hub with a solid axle that weighs about 10 pounds I could put on there if it really came down to it. Again, I appreciate the gesture though.
Cool - just don't want the trip ruined. I would hate for you to pop and choke kizzi. :D

J

JRB

robdamanii said:
Hey Loco, you going to be wrenching AND managing or just managing? Just curious how you like getting dirty.
Without question, I will do high end builds and wheels for sure. I don't really want to work on Huffys, but I will. I will be doing both. I really hope it works.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Good morning all! Today is my brother's 26th birthday!!! I am truly amazed by him every day. He has severe Cerebal Palsey and was not expected to live past the age of 10, never supposed to be able to walk or talk and yet, here he is walking, and not really talking--but he is able to do basic communication and signs a little. Anyway, we're going out to dinner to celebrate with him tonight and then we'll have a family party this weekend. Hopefully it will be nice enough to BBQ outside as that's one of his favorite things to do.

I am hoping to get home early enough to spin for a little while, but other than that probably not much working out tonight. Last night I took the baby for a walk and managed to do some crunches on the ball and some leg work before it was her bath time. She went to bed at 10pm and didn't get up until I woke her up at 6am this morning! Maybe she's finally settling into a longer sleep pattern. (fingers crossed).

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
loco said:
Sweet! Good luck! I will keep my fingers crossed for you ;)