Quantcast

~~Happy Humpday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

Had a fairly short ride last night. I just wasn't into it and it was f'ing cold to boot! I think we squeezed in 7miles.
Other than that nothing much else to report. I think I'm going to be here till 7ish tonight. Should be fun!

Hope ya all have a great day!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin stosh.

Nothing exciting last night... was going to do a night ride after the kids went to bed, but Emma was sick and up till about 9:45, and I just didn't feel like starting a ride that late. So, once again... no riding for me.

I got a crash course on how to opperate one of these this morning...

If the weather holds, I've got about 50 tons of dirt to move this weekend, and that thing is going to be fun to play with.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Mornin stosh.

Nothing exciting last night... was going to do a night ride after the kids went to bed, but Emma was sick and up till about 9:45, and I just didn't feel like starting a ride that late. So, once again... no riding for me.

I got a crash course on how to opperate one of these this morning...

If the weather holds, I've got about 50 tons of dirt to move this weekend, and that thing is going to be fun to play with.
I've been running one at my friends for the past few months. WTF do you need a course in how to run it for?

2 levers and 2 foot pedals, can't get much easier than that!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
I've been running one at my friends for the past few months. WTF do you need a course in how to run it for?

2 levers and 2 foot pedals, can't get much easier than that!
Yea, it was pretty easy. I'm borrowing it from a friend... I stopped by his place on the way into work this morning and he showed me the controls and let me play around with it for about 10 minutes... it was a quick crash course.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Mornin!

Yesterdays ride went better than Mondays---well, I at least made it to the trailhead before dark anyway......Did a local loop of about 5 miles of really technical singletrack that has a lot of short, steep climbs and tight turns over really big roots. When you're done, it feels like way more than 5 miles.....I was whooped!

Got home and Justine already had dinner started --- a wonderful crawfish gumbo that hit the spot after a tough ride. Pile on a few beers and an episode of "Boston Legal" and you have a recipe for some serious couch-time!!! :)

After work today, I may head back over to the trails for a little maintainence session. The first mile or two was starting to get a bit overgrown and a few log crossings were getting a little goofy-looking, so I may head out there to spruce things up a bit for the summer.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Yea, it was pretty easy. I'm borrowing it from a friend... I stopped by his place on the way into work this morning and he showed me the controls and let me play around with it for about 10 minutes... it was a quick crash course.
They tip super easy and if the ground isn't real smooth they make for a bumpy ride. Plus, as you get tossed around in the cab you tend to move the sticks around, it takes a certain touch.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:
Mornin!

Yesterdays ride went better than Mondays---well, I at least made it to the trailhead before dark anyway......Did a local loop of about 5 miles of really technical singletrack that has a lot of short, steep climbs and tight turns over really big roots. When you're done, it feels like way more than 5 miles.....I was whooped!

Got home and Justine already had dinner started --- a wonderful crawfish gumbo that hit the spot after a tough ride. Pile on a few beers and an episode of "Boston Legal" and you have a recipe for some serious couch-time!!! :)

After work today, I may head back over to the trails for a little maintainence session. The first mile or two was starting to get a bit overgrown and a few log crossings were getting a little goofy-looking, so I may head out there to spruce things up a bit for the summer.
I watched HOUSE last night and it f'ing rocked!

Good luck with the trail work tonight!

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Hmm, I am potentially doing a frame/fork/parts swap with another guy. My 2001 Bullit with 888 and Diabolus cranks for his 2005 Heckler with a Sherman Firefly Plus and Hussefelts. It would work out nicely for me as I want to replace the big bike and this would give me a chance to pick up a nice trail bike since that is what I have primarily been riding this year.

Other than that I am sitting here on this rainy first day of having no school. Finals were long and hard but luckily they are over now, so it is time to relax for a few days. I will do a school year recap at some point if anyone is interested.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
They tip super easy and if the ground isn't real smooth they make for a bumpy ride. Plus, as you get tossed around in the cab you tend to move the sticks around, it takes a certain touch.
Yea, I noticed that right away. Not difficult to work, but difficult to work efficiently... I figure I'll get that touch down just about as I finish the job :rolleyes:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Yea, I noticed that right away. Not difficult to work, but difficult to work efficiently... I figure I'll get that touch down just about as I finish the job :rolleyes:
yeah probably, sometimes I found the best thing to do was to just LET GO of the sticks, let the machine stop, then start moving again.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Hola all. I plan to do a (most likely) 2 hour ride in the rain tonight. 1st club ride of the year (MHCC). I plan to get in the mindset all day of feeling wet with that 'soggy diaper/chamois' feeling...only ride I can do this week, so what the hell.

Finished up rebuilding my wife's VP Free last night with thte hope that the doesn't (again) trash it this weekend. I think I'm finally getting the hang of setting up suspension so it doesn't all pack up instantly.

Anyone have any answer on getting out stubborn torx bolts? I was trying to change one of her rotors last night and get down to 1 that wouldn't budge...began to strip it out so I decided for now that that rotor would just have to stay on!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Good morning! I am SO glad the weekend is almost here. Yesterday we were in lockdown for just over an hour at the end of the day and it really sucked. Aparently it was all a misunderstanding, but it was a "better safe than sorry" type of action. Things went very smoothly in our building, but I hear it wasn't the case in other buildings. Anyway, today I plan on riding as soon as I get home either road or the loop behind my house. Last night I got about 20 minutes in (on the roads around my house) before it was raining too hard for me to want to continue riding. Still seeking out a road bike...I may head to the bike shop during my lunch break and see what kind of deal I can get on some Specialized, Trek or C-dale bikes.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:
Don't forget to watch part 2 tonight.......don't stay too late at work--it starts at 8 I think.
Yep, thats why I'm leaving work at 7pm.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Morning monkeys.... just got home from work.. had to go to lowes and pick up 19 2x8's for the deck.. today I am going to finish off the beams and most of the joists.. but i need to get some sleep first!!

have a great day

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Today, I have nothing to do. Going riding in about 2 hours, need to dial my bike in completely before pisgah.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Yeah, so I ordered my department a dozen 19" monitors last week. My boss used his executive power to kill that order. Instead, he submitted the order for 21" monitors.

:dancing:

He asked why I didn't order the 21 inchers. I told him I was trying not to be greedy. :D

Looks like our planned ride with McGGcM might be called off tomorrow on account of rain. Figures.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Morning peeps.

Went for a nice long mountain bike ride last night. I made an attempt on the helicopter pad but snow made me turn back. I'm surprized how fast the trails are drying out. I wish it would rain, stuff lower down is already getting dusty. I am back to railing downhill sections and trying not to use my brakes at all and instead use my bike and body to control. My first "DH" race is SUnday!

splat

Nam I am
I Are Baboon said:
Yeah, so I ordered my department a dozen 19" monitors last week. My boss used his executive power to kill that order. Instead, he submitted the order for 21" monitors.

He asked why I didn't order the 21 inchers. I told him I was trying not to be greedy. :D

Looks like our planned ride with McGGcM might be called off tomorrow on account of rain. Figures.
LCD monitors ?

Riding with MMcG ? Where ? we are riding out of Medfield tommorow

splat

Nam I am
Heidi said:
Morning peeps.

Went for a nice long mountain bike ride last night. I made an attempt on the helicopter pad but snow made me turn back. I'm surprized how fast the trails are drying out. I wish it would rain, stuff lower down is already getting dusty. I am back to railing downhill sections and trying not to use my brakes at all and instead use my bike and body to control. My first "DH" race is SUnday!

your going for DH now ?

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Morning all, as usuall, busy, busy, busy! I did manage to finally pull some of my documents from prior classes off of my old computers hard drive. THis will certainly save me 2 weeks of all nighters of reinventing the wheel with the grad class I am finishing up. It just so happens we have to basically adapt a lesson/thematic unit WE wrote, and integrate Math, Technology, and Science. I already wrote the unit a few years back, now all I have to do is make the connections with the three.:thumb: I was super stressed thinking I was going to have to develop a whole new unit. (the present unit I have is 38 pages without all the ties, and the extras I have added since writing it)

have a great day all!

Manhattan and I are taking a day off of trail building to RIDE!!!

WHOOT WHOOT!!!
TreeSaw said:
Still seeking out a road bike...I may head to the bike shop during my lunch break and see what kind of deal I can get on some Specialized, Trek or C-dale bikes.
T,
I just worked on a Specialized Allez for a friend last night, just a general tune up, but I got to thinking, not a bad bike! we used to sell a bunch of them before we quit dealing them, and the bike has really evolved into a nice machine!

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Morning all.

Sorry that I haven't been around much lately, with the lbs job and all. Today is my day off, so I have the bike packed and ready to hit the trails.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Heidi said:
Morning peeps.

Good luck, be safe and kick some ass.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
I Are Baboon said:

that RAWKS! gotta love when bosses use exec powers for good not evil!

even better I bet that makes you look good to be the one to "not be greedy" and try to do your part to save money!:thumb:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
splat said:
LCD monitors ?

Riding with MMcG ? Where ? we are riding out of Medfield tommorow
I don't know too much about the monitors, only that they are Samsung 21" 1600x1200 flat panel monitors, or so it says on the purchase order.

We're planning on the West Hartford Reservoir tomorrow, weather permitting. It's spitting distance from Mark's office.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Heidi said:
Morning peeps.

:dancing: Good luck!!!!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
brungeman said:
T,
I just worked on a Specialized Allez for a friend last night, just a general tune up, but I got to thinking, not a bad bike! we used to sell a bunch of them before we quit dealing them, and the bike has really evolved into a nice machine!
Cool! Sq-Earl has an Allez Sport and it's a nice ride. I'm hoping to be able to get something comporable. We'll see!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
Morning.

Nothing new here. I think a road ride is in order for tonight. Need to burn off some of the stress from work.
You still riding Sunday?

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
TreeSaw said:
Cool! Sq-Earl has an Allez Sport and it's a nice ride. I'm hoping to be able to get something comporable. We'll see!
Just out of curiosity... have you tried any steel bikes?

I looked at the Alez bikes and a couple of Cannondales and couldn't get over how harsh the felt. I ended up with a steel Jamis that I love. Granted, feel is sooooo personal...

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Good morning all. I can't wait untill tommorow or friday when I will get my seatpost shim in so I can ride again. I guess its better anyways, I need to be studying and not riding right now.