Quantcast

~~Happy Humpday Morning!!~~

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Brian HCM#1 said:
You guys are buying a house?
I am, I think. I think renting is such a waste. It would be nice to have the investment, and what we wanted fell into our price range. So, just need to make sure about it, but it looks like a go as of right now.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I Are Baboon said:
I had an exceptionally good workout last night. It's weird....as with biking, you have your good days and your bad days at the gym. I don't know what the hell got into me last night.
I just started working out again. For a variety of reasons, I haven't hit the weights in over a month, and man have I lost "it". I'm hoping it doesn't take me long to get back in the groove.

J

JRB

antimony said:
I am, I think. I think renting is such a waste. It would be nice to have the investment, and what we wanted fell into our price range. So, just need to make sure about it, but it looks like a go as of right now.
Are you BV's sugar momma??? That's pretty sweet for him if you are. :thumb:

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
jacksonpt said:
I just started working out again. For a variety of reasons, I haven't hit the weights in over a month, and man have I lost "it". I'm hoping it doesn't take me long to get back in the groove.
Good luck! I have trouble lifting in the summer. I will during the winter, but once it's nice out, all my activities go in that direction

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
antimony said:
If you can swing it definitely go for it.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
bluebug32 said:
Good luck! I have trouble lifting in the summer. I will during the winter, but once it's nice out, all my activities go in that direction
having 2 kids and a wife who works nights/weekends give me a lot of time to squeeze in sets... so it's really just a matter of putting my mind to it when I'd rather eat doritos and watch reruns of sports center.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i just heard that over 300 single family homes are for sale in my town. i've no idea of the total number, but that sounds like an awful lot, and i can believe it after seeing all the signs posted in front lawns.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
I Are Baboon said:
I just finised prepping for a 10:00 interview (me being the interviewer).
Ok Mr. Interviewer, if you asked someone to come in for an informal interview, how would you expect the person to press? Business casual is my take on this.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
jacksonpt said:
It certainly does not take long to lose strength. I feel it after just two weeks. I've been lifting weights for 10 years, but very consistently 3-4 times a week for the last two years. I went to put on a suit jacket this past sunday and it was too tight to wear, most noticably in the chest and armpits. It fit fine a couple years ago! The pants still fit though. :) Sucks that i can't wear the suit anymore, but it's still a good thing.

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Brian HCM#1 said:
If you can swing it definitely go for it.
It definitely appears to be swingable. I am a little worried about putting the dent in my savings account with the closing/down payment, but even then I should still have a decent cushion. Just me being a little paranoid, I guess. I am quite obsessive about my finances. And obviously I won't save as much each month. Oh well. It just seems like such a big purchase; I still feel like a little kid. But, I got my dad's support. He thinks it sounds great, and I am sure he would tell me if I were about to do something stupid. :D

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
DNA said:
Ok Mr. Interviewer, if you asked someone to come in for an informal interview, how would you expect the person to press? Business casual is my take on this.
As the interviewer, I'd still like to see a tie, but business casual would be fine with me. I am not going to make a final hire decision based on how a person dresses though, as long as they are not dressed like a slob. If it came down to two equallay matched candidates and I had to make a hire decision, I'd just have to go with who I "liked" more and I don't put a lot of emphasis on what they wore.

antimony said:
It definitely appears to be swingable. I am a little worried about putting the dent in my savings account with the closing/down payment, but even then I should still have a decent cushion.
For someone as young as you, there is no better reason to empty your savings than buying a house.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
antimony said:
It definitely appears to be swingable. I am a little worried about putting the dent in my savings account with the closing/down payment, but even then I should still have a decent cushion. Just me being a little paranoid, I guess. I am quite obsessive about my finances. And obviously I won't save as much each month. Oh well. It just seems like such a big purchase; I still feel like a little kid. But, I got my dad's support. He thinks it sounds great, and I am sure he would tell me if I were about to do something stupid. :D
Sounds like a wedding in the future :).....I shouldn't say that, though. Another big expense!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
bluebug32 said:
Sounds like a wedding in the future :).....I shouldn't say that, though. Another big expense!
it doesn't have to be a big expense, though.

bv/antimony, good luck w/ the purchase. another benefit of moving out of new england, eh?

J

JRB

binary visions said:
Damn right.

That's why I keep her; she buys me nice things. :love:

;)
Helping me with the printer made you and Ciaran the coolest in my book. (even though I haven't yet finished the project) This just pretty much seals the deal. I will never make fun of those brows again. Rockin' a chick that hooks you up with sweet stuff rules all of us.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
narlus said:
bv/antimony, good luck w/ the purchase. another benefit of moving out of new england, eh?
Almost 1300 sq. ft., cathedral ceilings, screened in porch, deck out back, 2 car garage, central a/c, brand new construction w/ 10 yr. warranty, on an acre of land, all for what you'd buy a large shack for in New England.

Wedding shouldn't be a big expense. Honeymoon should be a big expense :D

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
I Are Baboon said:
As the interviewer, I'd still like to see a tie, but business casual would be fine with me. I am not going to make a final hire decision based on how a person dresses though, as long as they are not dressed like a slob. If it came down to two equallay matched candidates and I had to make a hire decision, I'd just have to go with who I "liked" more and I don't put a lot of emphasis on what they wore.
You are in some sort of finance thing, right? Life among the artistic types is generally more casual at my current job, but maybe it isn't where I am applying.

Hmmmm, maybe I should go with a tie.

That ought to freak out everyone I currently work with when I come in to work tomorrow (the interview is later in the morning across campus). The other flunkies around here will probably figure out that something is up when I show up and I'm not wearing my Chacos. I already told my current boss out of respect for him, but I haven't told anyone else that I applied for another job.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I Are Baboon said:
It certainly does not take long to lose strength. I feel it after just two weeks. I've been lifting weights for 10 years, but very consistently 3-4 times a week for the last two years. I went to put on a suit jacket this past sunday and it was too tight to wear, most noticably in the chest and armpits. It fit fine a couple years ago! The pants still fit though. :) Sucks that i can't wear the suit anymore, but it's still a good thing.
I put on a suit I haven't worn in about a year the other day. It was a cheap suit I bought in a hurry a few years back, so it fit, but was never tailored. When I put it on recently, it was HUUUGE, particularly the jacket.

Feels good that I've lost that much weight.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
DNA said:
You are in some sort of finance thing, right? Life among the artistic types is generally more casual at my current job, but maybe it isn't where I am applying.

That ought to freak out everyone I currently work with when I come in to work tomorrow (the interview is later in the morning across campus). The other flunkies around here will probably figure out that something is up when I show up and I'm not wearing my Chacos. I already told my current boss out of respect for him, but I haven't told anyone else that I applied for another job.
As a finance manager I must adhere to a "professional" dress code (i.e. dress pants, shirt and tie). Our dress code is business casual for the non-management population of which I was promoted out of.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
I Are Baboon said:
As a finance manager I must adhere to a "professional" dress code (i.e. dress pants, shirt and tie). Our dress code is business casual for the non-management population of which I was promoted out of.
Thanks for the info. :thumb:

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
DNA said:

What are you applying for?

J

JRB

antimony said:
Keep in mind, everyone, that while this statement is true, it is in the very distant future!
If you are gonna smack your cabana boy down, can you be a touch more subtle??? :D

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
bluebug32 said:
What are you applying for?
Art director for the state teachers association.

loco said:
Good luck DNA. I hope we get to celebrate this weekend. :thumb:
I am kinda "meh" on the job thing. It probably isn't better than what I have now, but sometimes you have to look. I have a sneaking suspicion that my wife mentioned this job to me so that ...
1) I would apply
2) see how the rest of the world has to live and work
3) realize how good my current job is
4) quit whining

J

JRB

DNA said:
Art director for the state teachers association.

I am kinda "meh" on the job thing. It probably isn't better than what I have now, but sometimes you have to look.
Cool - either way we get to celebrate. That rocks.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Morning everyone.

Not much time today, with an emergency work deadline, class, lab and some other things going on.

Congrats on the house BV/A, congrats on the new place Stosh, good luck DNA on the interview.

Now I have 10 minutes to find something for lunch. :mumble:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
loco said:
If you are gonna smack your cabana boy down, can you be a touch more subtle??? :D
I'm sorry, are you implying that it's a bad thing that I have a sugar momma, and she's not in a hurry to get married?

Would someone please provide loco with a copy of the Man's Handbook?

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
binary visions said:
I'm sorry, are you implying that it's a bad thing that I have a sugar momma,
I'm poor too and it's the suck.

DNA, I totally hear ya about the job. I'm thinking of looking for something else too. Sometimes you just need a change and something new to look forward to.

J

JRB

binary visions said:
I'm sorry, are you implying that it's a bad thing that I have a sugar momma, and she's not in a hurry to get married?

Would someone please provide loco with a copy of the Man's Handbook?
I'm with you man. It's just that it seemed like she was telling you she wasn't ready, but implied that you were.

Hold out man. Sugar mommas rock the house.

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
loco said:
I'm with you man. It's just that it seemed like she was telling you she wasn't ready, but implied that you were.

Hold out man. Sugar mommas rock the house.
Sorry, loco. I meant that neither of us is ready. :)

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
stosh said:
Thanks for the link!

What else do they sell there?
Sorry just getting back now...the Man's been pushing me around today.

SNC has a lot of camping like gear. I seem to see a lot of sleeping bags, backpacks, headlamps, etc. They also do a lot of jackets. Seems to be a more winter spin, but lot's of good stuff.

It's always the first place I go in the morning (around 6:30) and only the super incredible deals are usually gone by then. I imagine many folks stay up to midnight to get the fresh listing (btw, midnight is mountain time, 2am here on the east coast).

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
dogwonder said:
As a side note, there was a killer deal on MTB shorts on steepandcheap today. I was about to pull the trigger when I thought my brother may want a pair as well. As I wait for him to respond to my e-mail, they sell out and I'm left without. Where's the karma?
Oakley Ballistic Shorts today