Quantcast

~~Happy Humpday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

Well... my friend talked me into playing golf yesterday. So after work today I'm going to pick up my old clubs and go to the driving range. I used to play for the team in high school but I haven't played in years.. I'm going to feel weird when I finally go out and play.

That is about the ONLY thing going on in my life right now besides all the O.T. I've been putting in.

Hope ya all have a great day!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
splat said:
Morning Stosh

Another day at work

although , tonight I am going to Dinner with our companies CIO , makes me wonder what is up. But he is taking us to a Nice seafood place , so lobster here I come !!
Ha, thats cool man!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

Not much going on today - I'm headed out of town for a 3-day conferece. No wife, no kids... it should be like a mini vacation for me!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Mornin Stosh.

Not much going on today - I'm headed out of town for a 3-day conferece. No wife, no kids... it should be like a mini vacation for me!
Where ya going?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Hudson Valley Resort and Spa - somewhere between you and Albany.
We almost had our wedding there.

Take 17 to 209 in Wurtsboro then take 209 thru Ellenville. It's on the backside of The Gunks in New Paltz.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
G'Mornin'. Little to report today. Picked up my new road bike yesterday and did a little wrenching on it when I got it home. Removed the reflectors :rolleyes:, installed my cyclo-puter & bottle cages... I had planned to take some pics, but the wife is in Boston for work so that's about all I got done before I had to feed the kids and get them ready for bed. Ordered some Crank Bros. Quattros for it that hopefully will be in by the weekend. If not I might just throw my MTB SPD's on it and take her for a spin. 2 months until I do my first ever long road ride (75 miler) so I the sooner I start putting in some miles the better. :)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
McGRP01 said:
G'Mornin'. Little to report today. Picked up my new road bike yesterday and did a little wrenching on it when I got it home. Removed the reflectors :rolleyes:, installed my cyclo-puter & bottle cages... I had planned to take some pics, but the wife is in Boston for work so that's about all I got done before I had to feed the kids and get them ready for bed. Ordered some Crank Bros. Quattros for it that hopefully will be in by the weekend. If not I might just throw my MTB SPD's on it and take her for a spin. 2 months until I do my first ever long road ride (75 miler) so I the sooner I start putting in some miles the better. :)
Pics?

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
McGRP01 said:
Cool.

BTW - 2 months is a long time, and 75 miles isn't THAT long of a ride. It really depends on how much climbing there will be.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
McGRP01 said:

ididaride?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
jacksonpt said:
Cool.

BTW - 2 months is a long time, and 75 miles isn't THAT long of a ride. It really depends on how much climbing there will be.

if its ididaride, Total elevation gain for 75 mile loop = 6,800 ft.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
McGRP01 said:
Yep, that's the one! Is 6,800 a lot? :help:
yikes :eek:

Not a TON for a ride that long, but it's a whole lot of climbing regardless. And you'll hurt before you're done for sure. I live at the top of a hill, the climb is about 1200' over 2 miles... I'm imagining riding that hill 5+ times... ugh.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
stosh said:
Could you highlite the important parts and re-post?
McGRP01 said:
G'Mornin'. Little to report today. Picked up my new road bike yesterday and did a little wrenching on it when I got it home. Removed the reflectors :rolleyes:, installed my cyclo-puter & bottle cages... SUCK IT I had planned to take some pics, but the wife is in Boston for work so that's about all I got done before I had to feed the kids and get them ready for bed. STOSH Ordered some Crank Bros. Quattros for it that hopefully will be in by the weekend. If not I might just throw my MTB SPD's on it and take her for a spin. 2 months until I do my first ever long road ride (75 miler) so I the sooner I start putting in some miles the better. :)
:rofl:

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Morning.

Installed a new cassette on the roadie last night. Rode the road last night...hammerfest basically. Nasty anaerobic workout, but it felt good to get out and pound a little. Big exam day here today with a pair of them coming, and it's supposed to rain this afternoon. I think it will be an evening of relaxing and not doing much of anything.

And Tigg...what bike did you get?

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
jacksonpt said:
yikes :eek:

Not a TON for a ride that long, but it's a whole lot of climbing regardless. And you'll hurt before you're done for sure. I live at the top of a hill, the climb is about 1200' over 2 miles... I'm imagining riding that hill 5+ times... ugh.
Full details.... www.ididaride.org

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Morning! Alberto is here, so it is quite disgusting today. On the brighter side, it's supposed to return to 90 and sunny for the next week and half once this is done. Hopefully it'll be clear tomorrow so I can finish staining my dresser. Other than that, just looking forward to the weekend... Atlanta for the Sox! :weee:

fubar5

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
Houston, TX
Good morning :monkey: 's

I was up until 4 am doing homework, and back up at 7:30am for a meeting I thought was at 8 am. However, after waiting for 10 minutes at a locked door I rode over to the library and found in my email that the meeting had been moved to 10 am. So I'm now on RM telling you all about it and looking up local internet providers so I can check my email and the monkey from my apartment.

Hump day is a big mtb and beer night here in Rolla, starting at 6pm, so I am pumped up for that right now.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Enjoyed my half day yesterday. Had a nice lunch with my mother and then headed off to the golf course. Shot a disappointing 8 over par 80. I am so so close to breaking 80 and staying there that it kills me. I just need to play more.

Tonight I get to go trap shooting with some guys from work. And then when I get home I have to play a Counterstrike match, then build up a 5 iron. Fun night ahead.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
I'm being forced into going out tonight, bleh. :nopity:

My friend's apartment building is being filmed for a NYC reality show about younger singles living in the city. I think its for HBO, but honestly, bleh... So I get to go out and see a crappy band and have cameras push me around. bleh. This is for the pilot and they're filming until saturday.

i'm stoked

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Tame Ape said:
I'm being forced into going out tonight, bleh. :nopity:

My friend's apartment building is being filmed for a NYC reality show about younger singles living in the city. I think its for HBO, but honestly, bleh... So I get to go out and see a crappy band and have cameras push me around. bleh. This is for the pilot and they're filming until saturday.

i'm stoked
Any naked chicks?

You gonna wear your Laek House gear?