Quantcast

~~Happy Humpday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

Met with the minister who will be marrying us last night for a second time. Then we went out to dinner, then I broke down my computer desk/hardware/other computer associated crap for the move.
It was a slow ride in today due to 1/2 the roads I drive were flooded.

Hope ya all have a great day!

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Good morning,

Wednesday night ride tonight, if the dust storms don't blow us away.

I'm off work Friday thru Wednesday so there will be a lot of trails covered this weekend.

Have a good day.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning! It's raining again but I don't care. :D

Mom sent me some birthday cash last night. I'll be using that to buy me a new cassette, chain, and front rings.

:dancing:

HOORAY for free bike parts!

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Moaning morning. Gonna git hitched, eh Stosh?

Usual - work job #1, raining all day and night so I'll hit the gym, work on broken bikes after work.

Tomorrow, though....I got free Slayer tickets, can't wait! Haven't seen them in, oh, 20 years since the Hell Awaits tour. It's in a local armory in Albany. I somehow think this will be the 1st and last concert of that nature there!

In yet another vein of shameless self promotion, my band's cd finally came out...more info can be found at the fine, fine label that put it finally into existence: http://www.blackmatterrecords.com

Nice de-bossed cover and type on the digipack!

Hope everyone in NY and Mass is wearing a life preserver - flood watches up everywhere.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Ordered the rest of my golf clubs yesterday. Total was orginally 450 bucks, with the giant sale going on I saved 175 and am paying 275 for a beautiful set of forged blades.

Also went on a good ride last night. Showed a friend around Vietnam, he had never been there before. Lots of mosquitoes, but it has been over a week since I last rode, and it felt good to get back out on the bike.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Jim Mac said:
Tomorrow, though....I got free Slayer tickets, can't wait! Haven't seen them in, oh, 20 years since the Hell Awaits tour. It's in a local armory in Albany. I somehow think this will be the 1st and last concert of that nature there!
Is that the tour they are on with Lamb of God, Mastadon, Thine Eyes Bleed and Children of Bodom? A friend of mine went to that and said with the exception of Mastadon it was amazing.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning! Had a decent night. Played with the kids for a while until my wife got home from aerobics class and then managed to get out for a 18 mile road ride between rain storms. Rode with the iPod last night and the having music definately made a difference in my intensity level, cadance, etc.. It was kinda cool. I was riding on a bike path though, not sure I'd use it is I was on an actual road with cars. Had some mechanical issues, but overall I'm feeling stronger on the bike after just 6 days. :)

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Polandspring88 said:
Is that the tour they are on with Lamb of God, Mastadon, Thine Eyes Bleed and Children of Bodom? A friend of mine went to that and said with the exception of Mastadon it was amazing.
Yes it is. It's gonna be interesting from my perspective - doors open at 4:30 show at 5, just in time for Albany rush hour! I haven't been to a show this early in years...

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

Lots of flooding up here, state of emergency and all that crap. Stupid stupid stupid...

I just want to ride.

Oh, I spent some time in the basement last night getting my home theater hooked back up. Finally got a few minutes to enjoy surround sound and the projector again, so that is kind of cool.

I guess that's it - exciting, huh?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
Good morning! It's raining again but I don't care. :D

Mom sent me some birthday cash last night. I'll be using that to buy me a new cassette, chain, and front rings.

HOORAY for free bike parts!
holy f' you get a lot of money for a grown man!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Mornin Stosh.

Lots of flooding up here, state of emergency and all that crap. Stupid stupid stupid...

I just want to ride.

Oh, I spent some time in the basement last night getting my home theater hooked back up. Finally got a few minutes to enjoy surround sound and the projector again, so that is kind of cool.

I guess that's it - exciting, huh?
I guess I missed the thread but why was it apart?

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
stosh said:
How is everybody today?

Met with the minister who will be marrying us last night for a second time. Then we went out to dinner, then I broke down my computer desk/hardware/other computer associated crap for the move.
It was a slow ride in today due to 1/2 the roads I drive were flooded.

Hope ya all have a great day!
When I first read this, it sounds like you were getting married TWICE. I need more sleep. :ouch:

Yep.. The drive in stank... flooded roads... accidents...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
Well I deserve it.

:D

I just went up to 4th floor conference room for free coffee and bagels. HOORAY for free coffee and bagel!

I just finised my blueberry bagel and the last bite had some bits of an onion bagel stuck to it. Worst taste ever!!!
I think they should be required to clean the knives after they cut every bagel.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - I got violently sick in the middle of the middle of the night on Monday - stayed home yesterday and I'm home again today. I hate feeling like crap. :(

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
Morning - I got violently sick in the middle of the middle of the night on Monday - stayed home yesterday and I'm home again today. I hate feeling like crap. :(
Bad food?

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Hi there!!

Another day of drenching rains yesterday in NC. My yard is growing at ludicrous speed, but it's too wet to get the mower out on it, so I hit the tall stuff with the weed-eater for about an hour after work. That was a messy operation right there.

I've been listening to a lot of Internet radio streams lately and found a really cool site from a company called Pandora. You type in a band you like, and they search their databases to find tons on music that are in that similar style. It's like having an Ipod full of your favorite stuff. Awesome.

"Hey look at me.......I'm a fruity flower-photographer"

Sorry......couldn't help it. I've been watering these damn things all spring and summer. Why? ....Cause my wife sucks at it, that's why. Apparently, there's some unspoken pact that we've entered into in which I'm now in charge of anything that grows or blooms. Meh.....:mumble:

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
McGRP01 said:
Rode with the iPod last night and the having music definately made a difference in my intensity level, cadance, etc..
I totally like riding with the iPod for the same reason. I have a whole playlist that's got a certain tempo to encourage a fast spin. I put it on random and enjoy being surprised.
I live by the beach, and last night the wind was brutal on the path. On comes Smack My B**ch Up (Prodigy version). It's hard to spin slowly when that track is on.....:)

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
Hey Stosh, no drier on this side of the river. On my way out noticed a gutter drain wasn't hooked up and I had 4 inches of standing water up against the house. That will likely translate to an inch of water in the basement. I fixed the drain and then proceeded to change my now soaking wet clothes.

Who pisssed off mother nature?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
dogwonder said:
Hey Stosh, no drier on this side of the river. On my way out noticed a gutter drain wasn't hooked up and I had 4 inches of standing water up against the house. That will likely translate to an inch of water in the basement. I fixed the drain and then proceeded to change my now soaking wet clothes.

Who pisssed off mother nature?
The only thing I'm glad about is that all this rain doesn't make me feel so bad that I'm not riding.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Mackie said:
I totally like riding with the iPod for the same reason. I have a whole playlist that's got a certain tempo to encourage a fast spin. I put it on random and enjoy being surprised.
I live by the beach, and last night the wind was brutal on the path. On comes Smack My B**ch Up (Prodigy version). It's hard to spin slowly when that track is on.....:)

I also like riding w/the mp3's...I'll have to add 'smack' to my tunes for riding mix.......now only if I could time 'Everybody Hurts' to when I'm doing the killer climb

:D

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
stosh said:
The weather for the weekend is looking prime. I may try to squeeze in a ride.
on sunday?

All things are good with me for the most part. My roomie called me from the ER last night to ask me to walk the dogg for her. She was there for herself but wouldn't tell me why. Worry!!! :dead: :dead:

Oh, and I'm going to plan a Laek House bike picnic for the end of August in either NJ or on the Brooklyn/Queens shore. I want to get together with some of the local NYC pro-bike groups and do it right.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
narlus said:
went out to a french restaurant last night (project team member leaving), and it was great.

could be off to see calexico play tonight.
Calexico is great live. I hope they have the Flamenco guy with them, he sounds awesome.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Tame Ape said:
on sunday?

All things are good with me for the most part. My roomie called me from the ER last night to ask me to walk the dogg for her. She was there for herself but wouldn't tell me why. Worry!!! :dead: :dead:

Oh, and I'm going to plan a Laek House bike picnic for the end of August in either NJ or on the Brooklyn/Queens shore. I want to get together with some of the local NYC pro-bike groups and do it right.
Cool! Do it in NJ or Blue, I thought you said they have great BBQ places at blue.

Is your roommate hot?

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
I guess I missed the thread but why was it apart?
We are having part of the basement finished - the part where the HT used to live. It's now back under the garage, where it belongs... though in an area destined to remain unfinished.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Had a nice road ride except for the part where the Dora theme song got in my head. Swiper no swiping kept cycling thru my head for the better part of 2 hours.

My neck feels a little jacked up today for some reason. Have to check the road bike to make sure nothing has moved.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Another wet morning here. I felt like I was driving a boat to work. On top of that, I forgot my wallet/cell phone, so I have to drive home to get it at lunch.

Still have my fingers crossed for VT this weekend. Kingdom Trails are currently closed due to the rain, but hopefully they'll open up soon (otherwise, we'll just have to resort to 3 days of drinking beer in the hot tub!)