Quantcast

~~Happy Humpday Morning!!~~

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Morning stosh.

Blah, grumpy day here. It's sunny, but hot and humid as hell. Kingdom appears to still be closed, and rain is projected for the next few days, with only one day of sun (Saturday). Nobody has any idea when the trails will re-open, at least before the weekend. Methinks it may be time to consider cancelling the vacation plans. No point in spending a bunch of cash to go there and NOT ride the damn place.

Other than that, I'm tired of going to class and would like to sleep for a few days.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
stosh said:
Cool! Do it in NJ or Blue, I thought you said they have great BBQ places at blue.

Is your roommate hot?
the hottest! And a pole dancer who 'gets around', if you know what I mean!!!!:hot: :hot: :hot:

edit: LH BBQ 2006. Its going to be more of a road/NYC thing. I'm going to borrow my friends's BOB and trailer the foodstuff to the site. Bicycles all the way!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Tame Ape said:
the hottest! And a pole dancer who 'gets around', if you know what I mean!!!!:hot: :hot: :hot:

edit: LH BBQ 2006. Its going to be more of a road/NYC thing. I'm going to borrow my friends's BOB and trailer the foodstuff to the site. Bicycles all the way!
Lame, is there going to be a bunch of people riding fixies with tight pants and bike racing hats?

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
stosh said:
Lame, is there going to be a bunch of people riding fixies with tight pants and bike racing hats?
Probably some, but not everyone is like that though. Its like a anthropolgist's wet dream down here sometimes. I want to do a 'thanks for the support!' kinda get-together and combine it with helping out local bikey-support groups.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Tame Ape said:
Probably some, but not everyone is like that though. Its like a anthropolgist's wet dream down here sometimes. I want to do a 'thanks for the support!' kinda get-together and combine it with helping out local bikey-support groups.
can I come?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
'morning everybody.
some comments in no particular order:

Bike/train/bike to the office today. I LOVE riding in the morning and being all energized. That, and my usual 18 mile, 1 hr+ commute was cut down to 40 minutes and zero traffic. AND I have to pass a skatepark on the way back to the train this afternoon!

This year is the first tour that I haven't seen Slayer since about '85 or so on the Reign in Blood tour. There is still no substitute for a Slayer show, and I can't imagine they can keep it up for much longer.

Calexico just played here last week. My g/f and her sister went (played at club where the sister tends bar) and I hear I passed on a great show. Enjoy.

Damn I feel good. :dancing: Have a great day.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
stosh said:
Wow... I think I'll pass on this event.
hehe. Naw, its my party. Meats for all! I want to bring sausage and chicken and other good things!

Look at Ft.Tilden,NY on google maps. Thats one place I'm thinking about, its an abandoned military base that used to protect the harbor (mind the unexploded ordinance) and the beach is usually completely deserted. I can't explain how rare that is in the area...

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
robdamanii said:
Methinks it may be time to consider cancelling the vacation plans. No point in spending a bunch of cash to go there and NOT ride the damn place
Re-schedule for 7/21-23. I hear there will be lots of people up there that weekend. :thumb:

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
McGRP01 said:
Re-schedule for 7/21-23. I hear there will be lots of people up there that weekend. :thumb:
After talking to the gentleman at the B&B, the trails are in much better shape than the Kingdom website leads us to believe, and only a few are closed, not the whole trail system. Apparently the weather has been much different from waht's been shown on the website as well. Sunny and beautiful yesterday, only a sprinkle today.

Looks like it will be promising. No thanks to the people who run the Kingdom website...

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Good morning! Raining here and lots of flood warning in effect. Got a lot of yard work done yesterday so the rain is good...just hope it doesn't wash all of my seeds away. Today I am taking the truck in to be looked at (it's making a weird noise and we think it's got a bearing going bad in the rear end) and doing laundry.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
This is actually turning out to be a pretty awesome day. There is a state of emergency, so most offices on campus are closed. A few of us didn't get that message this morning, so for those of us at work today, it's been a very productive morning.

I'm now about to take off for a 40ish mile road ride before I have to pick up my kids from daycare. That will put me over 200 miles for the month, which I'm pretty happy with.

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
robdamanii said:
After talking to the gentleman at the B&B, the trails are in much better shape than the Kingdom website leads us to believe, and only a few are closed, not the whole trail system. Apparently the weather has been much different from waht's been shown on the website as well. Sunny and beautiful yesterday, only a sprinkle today.

Looks like it will be promising. No thanks to the people who run the Kingdom website...
Nice!!! I'm expected a full ride report and perhaps a few beve's from the brewhouses...Keep us posted...

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
well, most of the roads are closed, so I wasn't able to get very far from campus. I did wind around quite a bit though, managed to snake in abotu 26 miles, just breaking 200 miles from the month!

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
jacksonpt said:
well, most of the roads are closed, so I wasn't able to get very far from campus. I did wind around quite a bit though, managed to snake in abotu 26 miles, just breaking 200 miles from the month!
Cool...congrats Jackson! :thumb:

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
afternoon all!!! today is my friday . I am heading to Montreal, Canada tommorow for a bachelor party!!! staying through Sunday which includes Canada Day then coming home for the 4th!! should be fun!!
anyone have any ideas on what I should do while there???:rolleyes:

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
bluebug32 said:
I hear Upstate's in pretty bad shape and that part of I-88 actually caved in!
yea - an underground stream washed out the road causing a pretty significant cave-in. A couple of tractor trailers crashed and 2 people were killed.

It was slow enough in coming that most of the high-risk areas were evacuated in time, so I think the injuries will be kept to a minimum.