Quantcast

~~Happy Humpday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

I spent the past 4 days moving, cleaning, setting up, and so on. My arms are bruised and cut up. Now it's just the short stretch till our wedding. I will be happy when that is over and I'm on a chair on a beach under a palm tree.

Hope ya all had a great 4th!

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. My body is feeling kind of banged up, so we took yesterday off from riding. Our 4th was pretty good. MUCH better than the 3rd (my birthday...worst one ever!) which sucked ass thanks to a 13 hour work day.

Actually, my propane tank ran empty mid-grilling yesterday and that was kind of a pisser, but other than that everything was cool. :D

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
'Morning. My body is feeling kind of banged up, so we took yesterday off from riding. Our 4th was pretty good. MUCH better than the 3rd (my birthday...worst one ever!) which sucked ass thanks to a 13 hour work day.

Actually, my propane tank ran empty mid-grilling yesterday and that was kind of a pisser, but other than that everything was cool. :D
I didn't watch any fireworks this year, it felt weird.
Damn man 13hrs WTF?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I think at home fireworks should be banned in CT - it was like a war zone around here last night.

Chilled at the pool with Laura and the boys yesterday, did some grillin, and then we all went for a bike ride! :)

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Morning! Had such a fun weekend down here with my family! :weee: Feeling like the most usless, unmotivated lump at work today, and super depressed that my family left for NH this morning. :(

Edit: We need a sadder looking sad face, cause that's what I need.

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Good morning,

Had a great 23 mile ride through the Pima and Dynamite trails yesterday. Back to work after 5 days off, I'll probably need to be retrained. At least I was able to ride 4 out of 5 of those days!

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
stosh said:
How is everybody today?

I spent the past 4 days moving, cleaning, setting up, and so on. My arms are bruised and cut up. Now it's just the short stretch till our wedding. I will be happy when that is over and I'm on a chair on a beach under a palm tree.

Hope ya all had a great 4th!
Are you going to point out to the hispanic waiter that you asked for a margarita with no salt...NO SALT...and there was big grains of salt on the glass? ;)

Morning. We're back from VT. Kingdom was out of this world cool. I stayed up last night to get the pics posted, but I've still got another day's worth to sort through and post up. Everything up there was incredible, except for the salmon asparagus and herb omlette on Saturday morning :dead:. The trails were all in superb condition considering all the rain of the week before, and everything was incredibly well maintained and run. I think since we only put in about 32 miles and have only seen about 1/3 of the trail system, we need to go back and see the rest. Pictures are up as well in the ride report forum.
This morning all the travel and riding finally caught up to me; I'm totally worn out today. Time to drag my ass off the chair and find some coffee and some kind of breakfast.

splat

Nam I am
Morning !! Busy Busy 4th , I will have pics Up tonight when I get home.

But me nad the Family Packed up the VAn , and went into Boston.

Parked next to Harvard Stadium then to the river and down the Charles River Bike path . ( its about 3 -4 Miles, Toshi ??? ) to the esplanade. , I had put a rack and panniers on my Bike so I was a Pack Mule Probably about 60 Pounds on the back of my bike.

SO we rode down picked out a Nice spot to listen to the Music and and Even better view of the Fireworks barge. and it was right across from a Play Ground . then we hung out , and road up and down Storrow drive several times. , LIstened to some cool music, watched some gun Powder blow up in the sky. then Put the lights oin all 4 bikes and road back to the car . the Kids had a Blast !!!

After getting home at 1 Am it was tough to get up this morning

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
Are you going to point out to the hispanic waiter that you asked for a margarita with no salt...NO SALT...and there was big grains of salt on the glass? ;)
If they screw up my drink I will have to.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Got out and played golf a couple of times. Handicap is going down, its probably around a 3 right about now. Just have to get it lower...which is why I built up my new clubs! Got em Monday and had them finished yesterday. Now I just need to get out and hit them.

Other than that not much to report. 4th was surprisingly well, not as awkward and painful as I imagined it was going to be visiting with family that we see every 4 years or so.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
OK, so I am putting in an order today for two chains, a cassette, and a couple of Powerlinks. I realize Performance is supposed to be the devil of the cycling world, but they are cheaper than even Price Point on this stuff.

I bought two front XT chainrings in EMS of all places yesterday. 20% off. No online retailer had them cheaper.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
'morning stosh.

Had a great weekend with Jenn's family, lots of fun, lots of food, lots of beer. :D

Unfortunately, my camera broke this weekend :mumble: :mad: :redhot: :dead: :bomb: :angry: :banghead: :nonono: :(

On the plus side, tech support suggested it might have been part of a widespread problem with the CCDs and they could fix it for free if I send it in and it turns out to be that problem.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

Had an OK weekend. Lots of family crap that pretty much sucked mixed in with 2 rides - an OK road ride and a really good mtn bike ride.

All said, I'm glad to be back to work.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Mornin Stosh.

Had an OK weekend. Lots of family crap that pretty much sucked mixed in with 2 rides - an OK road ride and a really good mtn bike ride.

All said, I'm glad to be back to work.
Ha, you're such an angry person!

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
For once, I had a 4-day weekend and feel like I DID something.

Friday: went to a car show after work. G/f drove her Spitfire. I drove her '73 Volvo. About 1/2 there, a strange grinding nosie started coming from the Volvo... Crap... Pulled over.. crawled underneath... but the car is too low to really see anything... car drove fine, so we continued on. Had a good time, except for hte lights going out... and the mad-dash to get them back in the garage before the rain.

Sat: Installed lowering springs, upgraded rear sway bar, and resonator eliminator pipe on a friend's MINI Cooper S. Started at 9am... finished up around 8pm (including dinner). Everything went well, except for shattering a cast iron vise... Car looks good.

Sun: I did an XC ride. Yep. I actually rode a mtn bike on trails. :rolleyes: However, I was lazy and left the DH tires on the bike and boy did I suffer... Got my butt kicked... Then went straight to my mothers to cut down trees... then home to shower... then off to the g/f's house to investigate the Volvo and swap tires for the XC bike (my compressor is there).

Mon: Did another XC ride at Jim Thorpe. Rode the Strip Mines. Got lost as usual. About 5 hrs of riding. Had a great dinner at the Hotel Switzerland.

Tues: Thought about riding. Too tired. Went to grill party at the g/f's brother's house instead and drank beer. :)

Today. Work. More rain. Don't want to be here... :help:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Ian F said:
For once, I had a 4-day weekend and feel like I DID something.

Friday: went to a car show after work. G/f drove her Spitfire. I drove her '73 Volvo. About 1/2 there, a strange grinding nosie started coming from the Volvo... Crap... Pulled over.. crawled underneath... but the car is too low to really see anything... car drove fine, so we continued on. Had a good time, except for hte lights going out... and the mad-dash to get them back in the garage before the rain.

Sat: Installed lowering springs, upgraded rear sway bar, and resonator eliminator pipe on a friend's MINI Cooper S. Started at 9am... finished up around 8pm (including dinner). Everything went well, except for shattering a cast iron vise... Car looks good.

Sun: I did an XC ride. Yep. I actually rode a mtn bike on trails. :rolleyes: However, I was lazy and left the DH tires on the bike and boy did I suffer... Got my butt kicked... Then went straight to my mothers to cut down trees... then home to shower... then off to the g/f's house to investigate the Volvo and swap tires for the XC bike (my compressor is there).

Mon: Did another XC ride at Jim Thorpe. Rode the Strip Mines. Got lost as usual. About 5 hrs of riding. Had a great dinner at the Hotel Switzerland.

Tues: Thought about riding. Too tired. Went to grill party at the g/f's brother's house instead and drank beer. :)

Today. Work. More rain. Don't want to be here... :help:
Is that the hotel in the center of town?
How was it?
HOw were the trails?

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
stosh said:
Is that the hotel in the center of town?
How was it?
HOw were the trails?
Yeah. Next to the diner car. I've eaten there a few times. Usually pretty good. Had blackened pepper salmon. :love: My buddy had the 24 oz steak. Neither of us left hungry. :oink:

Trails in the strip mines were pretty good. A few things are different since the last time I rode there a few years ago. A few of the double-track trails were really washed out and rocky. But all things considered, it's about the same as it's been for years. All of the downed trees on the switchback gravity road are cleared, so it made for a nice cruise back to the car.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Good morning. It's back to the old grind after an amazing weekend in VT with Rob. The B&B was great, the food and beer was superb and the trails were out of this world. I'll post some of my pics. later. Hope everyone had a great 4th!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Ian F said:
Yeah. Next to the diner car. I've eaten there a few times. Usually pretty good. Had blackened pepper salmon. :love: My buddy had the 24 oz steak. Neither of us left hungry. :oink:

Trails in the strip mines were pretty good. A few things are different since the last time I rode there a few years ago. A few of the double-track trails were really washed out and rocky. But all things considered, it's about the same as it's been for years. All of the downed trees on the switchback gravity road are cleared, so it made for a nice cruise back to the car.
FYI i'll be in Philly Saturday night for the game!

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Morning all. Long Weekend Highlights:

Saturday - hit up Jiminy Peak. Met Mickey/Suspect Device but missed my test ride opportunity on his Sinister...rode pretty well but fell a LOT! Glad I was wearing my new and better fitting helmet - doing several stop drop and rolls on my head.
Sunday: quick xc ride at Gibbs Farm - way too muddy and overgrown, fell a lot again hitting ther hidden rocks and roots. Family began to descend on the house.
Monday - car broke down, DH bike broke down, sink in kitchen broke down so I got them all fixed. Entertained nieces and sister in Law , then my sister, her hubby and my toddler nephew descended upon our home and had a little cookout.
Tuesday - bade farewell to the visiting family then Maureen and I were off to Jiminy Peak. Trails were dryer than Saturday, despite some rain. Hooked up with Mickey and finally did the test ride on the Sinister! I'm sold and came to realize that my current dh bike is way too small for me. Came home and got up on a neighbor's roof to watch the Albany fireworks - had soda kegs of coffee stout and milo weisen at the party! Maureen and and I rode to/from to beat the traffic - sketchiest traffice ride home ever due to the combination of our buzzed state mixed with total asshole drivers itching to get the hell out of Albany post fireworks.

More shameles self promotion: noticed I got a bit part (aka James) in the newest Bill Ketzer story in Dirt Rag!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all! Had good 4th with the family (mine and Sq-Earl's) and took Syd to see her first parade & fireworks in Saratoga Springs. She was hilarious! She really liked the horses and when the fireworks started she was in awe...she seemd to really like them (even when they were a little loud). Not too much riding this past weekend with all the family in town, but I am hoping to hit the road or trails tonight.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
morning all.
well yesterday i went to jiminy peak to do some dhing with friends. had a pretty good time riding with them and hanging out. rode like crap all day, i just completely sucked on every corner and rode the brakes too much. had a couple crashes but nothing too bad, just some scrapes and scratches on my arms. went otb in a mud puddle that was alot deeper than i thought it was, that was pretty funny. ended up blowing the rebound in my 888 and then later that night i snapped the damper rod when working on the fork. now im evaluating if i should just get a new boxxer team like i have been wanting to or just fix my 888.

today ill just be at work basically all day.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
awesome weekend.

friday, rode home from work after a couple of late lunch beers, then ended up at a neighbor's house for food and beer. late night for the boys.

saturday was more of the same, some swimming @ the neighbor's pool, had a couple of neighbors and families....cooked up some awesome ribs and steak. maybe this was sunday, it all melded into one huge weekend. oh, got a new bike for Miles too.

monday i hit the trails w/ larry and we found some more new stuff...hit some good familiar trails too, and i did a rock face climb i'd only once done before. good times. cooked some chicken and watched the tour.

yesterday i spent a lot of time going through the Rome pictures, and later in the afternoon went to another neighbor's 4th party. the kids were in the pool for about 6 hrs, only leaving to eat, pee or poop. good times despite the clouds.

work sucks!

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
narlus said:
awesome weekend.

friday, rode home from work after a couple of late lunch beers, then ended up at a neighbor's house for food and beer. late night for the boys.

saturday was more of the same, some swimming @ the neighbor's pool, had a couple of neighbors and families....cooked up some awesome ribs and steak. maybe this was sunday, it all melded into one huge weekend. oh, got a new bike for Miles too.

monday i hit the trails w/ larry and we found some more new stuff...hit some good familiar trails too, and i did a rock face climb i'd only once done before. good times. cooked some chicken and watched the tour.

yesterday i spent a lot of time going through the Rome pictures, and later in the afternoon went to another neighbor's 4th party. the kids were in the pool for about 6 hrs, only leaving to eat, pee or poop. good times despite the clouds.

work sucks!
I ran into some guy who knew you at Kingdom Trails

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
G'mornin! Went for long-ass road ride yesterday morning and later in the afternoon hosted a white-trash party. It actually rained here last night and I'm thinking about going for another ride...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
macko said:
G'mornin! Went for long-ass road ride yesterday morning and later in the afternoon hosted a white-trash party. It actually rained here last night and I'm thinking about going for another ride...

Dude, thats awesome!!!

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
afternoon Stosh...I was doing the IAB thing this weeked too and working. Probably put 20 hours in over the weekend, most early in the morning and late at night (why does Japan need to be so far away?).

Did get a couple short rides in over the 4 days, Vassar one day and the 909 yesterday. Definitely feeling ill effects of too many days off between rides.