Quantcast

~~Happy Humpday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Busy as phuck!

How is everybody doing?

When do we get to see pic's of Rob's and Beth's race this past weekend?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
1st commute w/ the road bike yesterday was great, and i killed myself on the way home trying to break the 30 min mark. still have 50 seconds left to shave.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Hola all - major rain predicted here today, so I cancelled the club ride I was supposed to lead tonight - hit the gym, get some parts, work on my beat up DH bike from last Sunday's rock garden (in preparation for this Sunday's beat up shale session at Platty), and will hopefully will catch the Tour recap tonight.

I also have to pick up a birthday gift for my bro in law (who I stay with at every Platty race). He just took a bike repair class and is setting up a home shop - what would be some 'intermediate' tools that I should pick up for him? I am thinking spoke wrenches, cassette removal tools. Anyone have any other ideas? Too compatibility wise, he rides a '96 steel Fisher (ie BB tool crap).

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Jim Mac said:
Hola all - major rain predicted here today, so I cancelled the club ride I was supposed to lead tonight - hit the gym, get some parts, work on my beat up DH bike from last Sunday's rock garden (in preparation for this Sunday's beat up shale session at Platty), and will hopefully will catch the Tour recap tonight.

I also have to pick up a birthday gift for my bro in law (who I stay with at every Platty race). He just took a bike repair class and is setting up a home shop - what would be some 'intermediate' tools that I should pick up for him? I am thinking spoke wrenches, cassette removal tools. Anyone have any other ideas? Too compatibility wise, he rides a '96 steel Fisher (ie BB tool crap).
Cone wrenches for hubs? A good repair stand?

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello. I didn't do squat last night. I need to get my butt to the gym. I haven't worked out in a week.

Got my new parts yesterday, so I'll be good to ride this weekend! MBC and I are ditching work Friday to ride. WOO HOO!

There is an XC race at Mt Snow the last weekend of July. I'm thinking of doing it. I hear it's the same course as the NORBA course, which I also hear was quite the ass kicker. Hmmm.....

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning!

Well the T-storms ended in time for me to get a ride in last night! Hit the WH Reservoir again and man it was much more challenging after the rain than it was on Monday night when trail conditions were super dry.

I rode with a Bikerag guy and some other dude named Steve - really good ride and I hit some portions of trail in there that I'd never been on before. The Bikerag guy can ride really well so it was a good workout for me to hang with him. Good Times!

IAB where are those photos bro? ;)

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Jim Mac said:
Plenty of things I am sure he could use. A good set of tire levers, preferably some of the high leverage ones. Crank puller, pedal wrench, cable/housing cutters. Those are just a few things that I use often and could see someone needing.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!

Just got back from vacation. Been chasing the speckled trout and red drum all over the coastline for the last week and a half. Beautiful weather and lots of cold beer and bikinis. :) A friend of mine came down with his g/f and brought their Sea-Doo. We anchored up on a sandbar near the breakers and spent several days riding the waves and just enjoying the sunshine.

We also hit the Tall Ship festival up near Beaufort. Neato.

I love the beach.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Good Morning everyone!

Played golf last night. Did absolutely horrible, but then again it was a course that I had never played before and it started to rain. Oh well, it was good to get out anyway. Other than that not much else happened.

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
Morn'. Feeling tired & beat up today. Yesterday had to take a flying trip down to Cambridge for work. Drove thru some pretty wild weather on the way back.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Morning. At work doing some work on my mtb story and looking for other work (grant writing and development related). Should be a busy week, but I'm hoping to ride on Fri.

Rode the trainer late last night. It was nice because there was air conditioning involved :)

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Morning.

Uggg. I'm tired. Our jerk landlord decided to put our house on the market so we had to find a new place and move. We got almost everything out Monday and I spent yesterday cleaning the old house up. Somewhere in the last couple days the AC decided to die and it was around 95F inside the house. Not fun. Anyway, strange as it sounds, it's nice to be back at work!

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
jdschall said:
Morning.

Uggg. I'm tired. Our jerk landlord decided to put our house on the market so we had to find a new place and move. We got almost everything out Monday and I spent yesterday cleaning the old house up. Somewhere in the last couple days the AC decided to die and it was around 95F inside the house. Not fun. Anyway, strange as it sounds, it's nice to be back at work!
Did you smear some cheese under the radiator so it stank in there? ;)

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
bluebug32 said:
Whatever....grandpa:rolleyes:
Well, I got some new shoes and put some new ortho inserts in them and went for a road ride on Sunday. Not sure what the exact roundtrip figure was, maybe 50+ miles? Anyhow, my inner left knee is sore as hell now and I don't want to mess with that. Incidently, both my arches are compeletly collapsed, my shoes are new Sidi Dom 5s and the inserts are 'Sole' moldables.

If my 'parts' are feeling good by Sunday, I'd love to show you guys around Blue.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
dogwonder said:
Son, I've had both my ACL's reconstructed. I don't wanna hear anything about knees being creative.
I'm trying to be as preventative as possible, surgery sucks!