Quantcast

~~Happy Humpday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

I'm pretty psyched because I have a 1/2 day tomorrow and my best man is coming to town and and I took Friday off. So today is ALMOST like my Friday. :)

Hope ya all have a great day!

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning! No GMT yesterday, stosh. Where the hell were you? :mad:

:D

Had a nice ride last night (see RR forum). My shifting is finally working perfectly smooth. It hasn't been that smooth in a long time. :)

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - we had some company over for dinner last night. I grilled up some marinated chicken breasts and we had wine and beers. It turned out to be a nice night. I found out the husband of the couple who was over used to live in Colorado and used to ride all the time. So perhaps I can get him back out on the trails.

All in all a good night.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:

Had a nice ride last night (see RR forum). My shifting is finally working perfectly smooth. It hasn't been that smooth in a long time. :)
Had a meeting from 8am till 12pm.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
bachlor party part 2 ?
Nah, he's just coming up a day early. It's cool because we'll get to hang out before things get crazy!

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I Are Baboon said:

I guess its time to update your signature then! ;)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
splat said:
Morning stosh !

Today is my Friday , taking tommorow and friday off for Pedros fest.

How are your nerves doing ?
I'm fine, not really nervous at all.

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Good morning,

Had a incredible storm here last night, high winds and torrential downpour. Best yet of the summer. It has gone from 110 yesterday to 79 degrees here now. I like it!

Have a good day!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Polandspring88 said:
I would say what I did last night and what is going on in my life, but I don't think anyone cares.
Yeah, you're probably right! :)

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning. I feel like crap. Started getting sick yesterday and it is now a full blown cold. I think this past weekend's physical exertion, combined with lack of sleep and mass amounts of alcohol caught up with me. So I'm taking it easy for a few days and hope to be back on the bike by the weekend. Oh, and returning to work after MonkeyFest sucks.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Hi folks!

Things have been pretty quiet around here the last few days. It's been too rainy and humid to get out and do any trailwork lately, so I've been doing a lot of flyfishing. It's a nice change from sweating my ass off in the woods(wait....sounded a little like George Michael there...) and coming home covered in red dirt.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MtnBikerChk said:
STOSH!!! TICK TOCK!

(you'll be fine)

best of luck to you!
I'm SO sick and tired of males giving me "advice" most of it is about how I shouldn't get married then they typically combine it with bad jokes.

All the men I know who I respect and who are good fathers always tell me how great marriage is.

I think of all the things I've been through over the past year the weirdest thing has been all the G.D. comments.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:
Hi folks!

Things have been pretty quiet around here the last few days. It's been too rainy and humid to get out and do any trailwork lately, so I've been doing a lot of flyfishing. It's a nice change from sweating my ass off in the woods(wait....sounded a little like George Michael there...) and coming home covered in red dirt.
Fly Fishing was to technical for me... there was so many options out there and so much to learn... it turned me away.

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
Draggin' ass today... been wrenching on the Spitfire for the past two nights to get it running for a car show on Sunday... If I can get it finished tonight, my reward will be going for a ride tomorrow or Friday. :)

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Greyhound said:
Hi folks!

Check those PMs!

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
good morning everybody.

Day 4 with a f'd up shoulder/c-bone ...I managed to sleep seated upright last night, not exactly quality sleep but better than the night before. I'm taking this time to get caught up on some reading, and in another week or so I'll set up a trainer so I can at least try to spin.

Stosh, everything is going to go great and smoothly. Big :thumb: man.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
stosh, good luck w/ the upcoming events, and most importantly, have fun.

getting back from vacation is always a bummer, but at least it's a short week. luckily we'd done a decent job of cleaning the house before we left, so it was nice coming back to some order. i need to do some work on my DH bike though, front brake is useless.

went into town last night to catch three solo acoustic guitar players...can't recall the 1st guy (who i only caught a couple songs of; he was definitely more experimental, and used a violin bow and some electronic devices), but the main guys were Glenn Jones and Jack Rose. awesome set; the ghost of john fahey was very prevalent. took some photos w/ my newish 30mm prime, and despite the tough lighting some came out ok.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Nick said:
good morning everybody.

Day 4 with a f'd up shoulder/c-bone ...I managed to sleep seated upright last night, not exactly quality sleep but better than the night before. I'm taking this time to get caught up on some reading, and in another week or so I'll set up a trainer so I can at least try to spin.
Try sleeping on the couch. When I broke my CB and arm I was able to lay on the couch with a bunch of pillows supporting my arm and shoulder so I couldn't move.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning! I have been relaxing and playing with my little monkey this morning. She went for her check-up and she's a whopping 14.4 lbs. and 25" tall :D She got two booster shots and didn't even cry! I was amazed. She played with the Dr. & the nurse and all is well :dancing: She even gets to gnaw on toast/plain bagles now...I can't wait to see that!!!

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
Good Morning Stosh! :D

Nothin too exciting going on here, I take the test for the San Diego P.D. tommorow afternoon. Going on a ride with my co-worker tonight, then another ride tommorow, and then spending the whole weekend in Big Bear doing some XC riding. I'm pretty stoked I'm getting on my bike a lot this week.

Have a good day and I hope everything goes great this weekend for you! :)

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
stosh said:
Fly Fishing was to technical for me... there was so many options out there and so much to learn... it turned me away.

Did you have anyone to show you how it was done, or did you try and learn by yourself? I would agree that it can be kinda intimidating at first, but when you get the hang of it, you never want to go back to conventional tackle. I tie a lot of my own patterns for local ponds and lakes, so that's a whole new area of the sport that I'm trying to explore.

Hey.....by the way, congratulations on your upcoming wedding. I've been married now just officially over a year, and it's all good. The days go by quickly when you're having fun. You seem pretty laid back, so I'm sure you'll keep a cool head throughout the process. Just remember to enjoy the day and take a minute just to pause and look around and enjoy all your friends having a good time. That was one of the best parts for me.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:
Did you have anyone to show you how it was done, or did you try and learn by yourself? I would agree that it can be kinda intimidating at first, but when you get the hang of it, you never want to go back to conventional tackle. I tie a lot of my own patterns for local ponds and lakes, so that's a whole new area of the sport that I'm trying to explore.

Hey.....by the way, congratulations on your upcoming wedding. I've been married now just officially over a year, and it's all good. The days go by quickly when you're having fun. You seem pretty laid back, so I'm sure you'll keep a cool head throughout the process. Just remember to enjoy the day and take a minute just to pause and look around and enjoy all your friends having a good time. That was one of the best parts for me.
Actually I never did have anybody show me the ropes. I don't really know anybody who fly fishes.

Yeah I'm pretty relaxed about the wedding.
My fiancee went into a wedding coma for a week but she's back now.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
morning all.

woke up about a half hour ago. :) doing some yardwork and then tonight im hitting up an awesome shuttle run out by wachusett. it should be a good day. :thumb: