Quantcast

~~Happy Humpday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

2 more full days of work left before I am OUT OF HERE!!!!

I'm actually even psyched about coming back from my honeymoon because then I can get back on my bike again full time!

Graphics

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
Connecticut
yesterday was HORRIBLE...things are getting ugly. And i just don't know how to go deep within myself to pull out ugliness to equal it. Anybody got a place i can crash? :love:

Thank God I'm at work today (how pathetic is THAT!!)

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. This week must be dragging for you, stosh.

Speaking of the weather, the lowest I saw my car thermometer get during the winter was -5. Yesterday it hit 101. I love seasons. :D

MBC and I haven't ridden in two days and it feels like it's been SO LONG. I guess that's a good thing since it means we've been riding a lot lately.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Graphics said:
yesterday was HORRIBLE...things are getting ugly. And i just don't know how to go deep within myself to pull out ugliness to equal it. Anybody got a place i can crash? :love:

Thank God I'm at work today (how pathetic is THAT!!)
Are you able to go for a bike ride?

Actually Mtn Biking is how I got over a horrible breakup years ago.

Graphics

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
Connecticut
stosh said:
Are you able to go for a bike ride?

Actually Mtn Biking is how I got over a horrible breakup years ago.
Actually, seeing that he wasn't letting me drive the only vehicle we have...and so i couldn't get to the gym...i went for a bike ride Monday and Tuesday...i think that's the most I've gone in years. :love: And it WAS great...rode to the beach both times...cause i love the beach...very peaceful. Too bad i can't just keep riding to my friend's house in NC...she'd take me in in a heartbeat...but not finished school until next year. AAAAAHHHHHHHHHH :love:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Graphics said:
Actually, seeing that he wasn't letting me drive the only vehicle we have...and so i couldn't get to the gym...i went for a bike ride Monday and Tuesday...i think that's the most I've gone in years. :love: And it WAS great...rode to the beach both times...cause i love the beach...very peaceful. Too bad i can't just keep riding to my friend's house in NC...she'd take me in in a heartbeat...but not finished school until next year. AAAAAHHHHHHHHHH :love:
Oh... so you can't drive any of the cars? Wow....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
untitledsince89 said:
i def woke up with one of those, "today is going to suck feelings", hopefully I can change that
I woke up today with one of thoes this day is going to DRRRRAAAAGGGG on feelings.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Morning Stosh.

Today is my Friday since we have no classes (to speak of) on Friday and we've got tomorrow off.

Today is the reckoning with anatomy, and after today I'll never have to see another lab (thank god).

Going down to Highland tomorrow to celebrate Beth's birthday, and we're trying to get a group ride together at Stewart over the weekend. Maybe we'll get lucky.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
Morning Stosh.

Today is my Friday since we have no classes (to speak of) on Friday and we've got tomorrow off.

Today is the reckoning with anatomy, and after today I'll never have to see another lab (thank god).

Going down to Highland tomorrow to celebrate Beth's birthday, and we're trying to get a group ride together at Stewart over the weekend. Maybe we'll get lucky.
I thought you were talking about BV's girlfriend.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
nothing but W's at volleyball lastnight :agree: - I thought "feels like" 110 would feel warmer, but it was pretty nice out

robdamanii said:
and we're trying to get a group ride together at Stewart over the weekend. Maybe we'll get lucky.

you know theres a race there Sunday?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
nothing but W's at volleyball lastnight :agree: - I thought "feels like" 110 would feel warmer, but it was pretty nice out

you know theres a race there Sunday?
Bwahhhhhhhhhhhhhh last year at the DH 40 there was people all over the course. I did my best to bust some skulls when I caught them.

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Sorry guys, got you beat. My weekend started last night.

But then I'm home with the kids the rest of the week. Plan on cleaning up the house before the wife gets home from two weeks in Delaware and maybe take the kids up to Jerome tomorrow or some kind of road trip. Nothing but excitement around here! At least I'll finally be able to ride this weekend.

Have a good day.

splat

Nam I am
Morning Stosh

Rode in today , was nice out . suppose to get HOT (100+) today , ought to be a toasty ride home.

Did trail work last night , tommorow is teh Wifes Birthday , but she already bought her self My gift to her. I had planned to go out tonight and get it , but since she all ready took care of it I guess I can go ride !

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
At Stewart? Ahh sh!t, the DH 40 is there sunday, isn't it!
You should probably go ride during the race. The chances of you getting lost will be lessened.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning all! :) I woke up on the right side of the bed today feeling that good things are going to happen. Not sure why? Anyway, last night it was steamy here as well so we overtook my parents house again to use the pool. Got a free meal out of the deal as well! :thumb: Got home, put the kids to bed and watch "V for Vendetta". I personally loved the movie. I have all the original comics at my house as well as the graphic novel so I'm excited to go back and re-read them. I haven't since high school I don't believe? :think: Other than that, it's humpday and I'm getting excited for Treesaw's Deck Party which is this weekend!! :thumb: Can't wait to ride with some of you monkeys again....and to drink lots of good beer of course. I've decided to take a "mental health day" on monday too so I can head to Diablo with Treesaw, Sq-Earl and some others. Can't freakin' wait!!! :devil:

Have a great day all!! :D

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
We do have maps now. Just because DW and Beth can't follow one doesn't mean I can't.
If you were with them you are responsible for getting lost as well.

Anyway you shouldn't need maps. I've NEVER used a map there. I slowly taught myself the trail system you should be doing the same. Maps allow you to not remember things on the trails. Ditch the maps and go get lost.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
oh, ok - damn dumbass casual riders :wonky2:
Actually the non-riders who had the most negative impact on the race I would have to say far and beyond are the "Police" the town required DH to have on site. They were all over the place, getting in the way of riders, with thier dirty dusty quads. It's a shame the town required DH to have them there.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
stosh said:
If you were with them you are responsible for getting lost as well.

Anyway you shouldn't need maps. I've NEVER used a map there. I slowly taught myself the trail system you should be doing the same. Maps allow you to not remember things on the trails. Ditch the maps and go get lost.
I was NOT with them at the time.

And the map is just a bail out measure. I remember some of the trails.

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
Almost done with my classes; tres mas dias. Nothing too exciting going on in my world today besides the usual run/work/class/work/class/bike/homework/sleep schedule. It's wearing on me so badly... I'm planning on taking the dogs out for a new hike this weekend. Somewhere we can do a little exploring and swimming.

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
Yo. I finally got my WB2.0 back from service last Friday...The parents were in town so I didn't have a chance to install it on the weekend. I installed it on Monday, but not much else so yesterday I took care of re-dishing the wheel, changing the stem out so I can run my bars lower (the 35mm stem had the bars interfereing with the upper tubes), shortening both brake-lines (long overdue) and bleeding them, and partially re-building the Monster. I'm finally going to be able to hit mach eleventy! Hopefully get some action shots this weekend at Silverstar! :weee:

I might rock some trail work tonight....if not, I'll likely put some gears on the commuter :eek:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Trainwreck said:
Sorry guys, got you beat. My weekend started last night.

But then I'm home with the kids the rest of the week. Plan on cleaning up the house before the wife gets home from two weeks in Delaware and maybe take the kids up to Jerome tomorrow or some kind of road trip. Nothing but excitement around here! At least I'll finally be able to ride this weekend.

Have a good day.
sounds fun, Jerome is a neat town. an uncle of my wife's used to live there.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
morning all.

it's hot as balls around here today. i don't have anything planned aside from my senior picture at 11. i think my pool shall be seeing plenty of use today.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Oh and I just found out I'm getting a 17' 40lb canoe from my uncle for free.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
hot hot hot ride home last night. still managed a fast pace though (a hair over 19). i avoided the short but steep hill and took a longer route instead. got home to find my repaired amp waiting for me; finally, after 3 months. got it wired up and i am in audio/video bliss once more (well, i guess just audio; the TV and DVD player still worked w/o it).

now i can finally enjoy the outdoor speakers once again. good thing i've got 4 weeks left of summer :wonky2: