Quantcast

~~Happy Humpday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

This week is flying by!
I rode last night, it was a short ride but it was a ride. My butt hurts today, thats very very unusual for me. Goes to show how long I've been off the bike for.

Hope ya all have a great day!

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. I lifted weights and treadmilled last night. My running is getting stronger.

I can't wait for Friday because me and some monkeys are ditching work to go riding! Maiden voyage for MBC's new purchase, hopefully.

:dancing:

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
good morning stosh ,monkeys. played in the streets of brooklyn with the 6.6 last night. found some new stuff in prospect park to ride, so I guess it was a good night.
stosh ..you sure your pain is from riding?
have a great day!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - got a great ride in at Nassahegon. Singletrack lives in CT!!!!! Rode with a bunch of guys I'd never ridden before from the crankfire.com web site. All nice guys.

Man the trails at this spot, just five or ten minutes from my house depending on where you start are really nice!! Must explore more and learn more routes.

Last night's ride was very kingdom trails like in terms of narrow and twisty singletrack goodness!

I tried out a single speed with On-One Mary Bars up front - ooh man those things look weird, but they put your hands in a really comfy position. I dug em.

Laura came out to ride with me too......but she bailed early. the trails were a little slick. Once I know t hem better I'm going to go out with just her and me (or MBC and IAB if they want to tag along) and ride them when conditions are dry. She can definitely ride them - she just needs a bit more confidence and to get over her fear of getting hurt.

Oh yeah, and I forgot my riding shoes so I rode with my ATACS and my lawnmowing sneakers - worked out okay. Better than the guy who rode in flats and no shin pads - ouch. :dead:

See here for the gory details: http://www.crankfire.com/discuss/viewtopic.php?t=2474

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

I've been taking a half-hearted break from the bike the last week or so, but I'll be back at it today at lunch. Most of the office is going to be out at a retirement luncheon, so I might take an extended lunch break to get in a longer ride. I'll probably mow the back yard tonight, maybe go for a run - nothing exciting though.

Last night was pretty good - finished up a gate for the deck (to block off the stairs), rewrapped the bars on my roadie, and hit the weights pretty hard. I am starting to get stronger, which is good. I've also really noticed why you should have rest days.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning. Last night was ok. Had dinner with the neighbors then went home and had both the kids in bed by 8:30. Had a few cocktails and played on the computer for a while. Tonight I'm going to check out a local sprint triathalon series I just found out existed right in my town. By "sprint", I mean flat out sprint. This one is a 400 yd. swim, 6 mile bike and 1 mile run. Should be interesting.

ktmsx

Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
CT.
went mountainbiking last night,at a usual spot.Yesterday my oldest daughter passed her driving test and got her license...WTF...I can't be that old....

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Good morning,

Just found out after I had left on Sunday one of the riders on the Flagstaff trip had a nasty crash on a rocky downhill section. She had a laceration that cut down to/through the muscle on her arm requiring internal and external stitches. Fortunately the group was able to get a vehicle in to her and some prompt medical attention. Apparently she is doing well. Thankful for that!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
McGRP01 said:
Tonight I'm going to check out a local sprint triathalon series I just found out existed right in my town. By "sprint", I mean flat out sprint. This one is a 400 yd. swim, 6 mile bike and 1 mile run. Should be interesting.
Sounds cool :thumb:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
good morning stosh ,monkeys. played in the streets of brooklyn with the 6.6 last night. found some new stuff in prospect park to ride, so I guess it was a good night.
stosh ..you sure your pain is from riding?
have a great day!
Um, yeah I'm 100% sure it was from my ride.

I'm going to shoot you an e-mail shortly so be on the look out.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Mornin Stosh.

I've been taking a half-hearted break from the bike the last week or so, but I'll be back at it today at lunch. Most of the office is going to be out at a retirement luncheon, so I might take an extended lunch break to get in a longer ride. I'll probably mow the back yard tonight, maybe go for a run - nothing exciting though.

Last night was pretty good - finished up a gate for the deck (to block off the stairs), rewrapped the bars on my roadie, and hit the weights pretty hard. I am starting to get stronger, which is good. I've also really noticed why you should have rest days.
I need to get back to the Gym soon too. The days are getting shorter....

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
MtnBikerChk said:
Is the post office on your list of things to do today? :)
You betcha :thumb:. It's going out at lunch. I would have shipped it out yesterday but the Paypal missed the morning window for the office post office trip :)

splat

Nam I am
Morning ,

Last nights ride home was interesting , with a Tyvek patch in my Tire to fill the gapping hole that the glass sliced in my side wall. But it held.

this morning , I made an Interesting discovery . I took a slightly longer route in to work ( .4 miles longer ) But it is faster! I guess not having to do a 1 mile climb , only half a Mile and not as steep , makes a difference. only bummer about it it puts me through a bad intersection.

I Are Baboon said:
My running is getting stronger.
Going to need that at churn and Burn.

I Are Baboon said:
I can't wait for Friday because me and some monkeys are ditching work to go riding! Maiden voyage for MBC's new purchase, hopefully.

:dancing:
wooo Hooo, that is going to be fun.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
morning all.

got in a good ride last night at the lowell dracut state forest. once i eat and get ready i'm heading north to ride fomba for a while. sweet singletrack goodness! :drool:

aside from that, i've got nothing planned. all i want to do is ride once every day this week.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
morning stosh ... morning :monkey:s

3.5 weeks off the bike due to this broken collarbone. It's feeling better but still sore and my muscles are totally weak. I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel though so I feel good.

I'm sure I just missed it, but what is MBC waiting on today??

great day to all.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I Are Baboon said:
I guess I missed it, but whatcha get MBC???

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Hi there!

Just did some shoveling on the new stepup out at the trails yesterday evening. It was quite humid out there. Shirt was soaked 5 minutes into it. This double has been the most difficult thing to get just right for some reason---you kinda have to hip it, but not really......but the transition has to be shallow enough to get you across the gap with minimal speed. I've been cutting cedar cribbing to hold everything in and it's starting to look really nice.

Other than that......just cooked some stir-fry and made some handcut potato chips. Yummy.

Oh yeah.....watched the new "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" with Johnny Depp. Bizzare.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:
Hi there!

Just did some shoveling on the new stepup out at the trails yesterday evening. It was quite humid out there. Shirt was soaked 5 minutes into it. This double has been the most difficult thing to get just right for some reason---you kinda have to hip it, but not really......but the transition has to be shallow enough to get you across the gap with minimal speed. I've been cutting cedar cribbing to hold everything in and it's starting to look really nice.

Other than that......just cooked some stir-fry and made some handcut potato chips. Yummy.

Oh yeah.....watched the new "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" with Johnny Depp. Bizzare.
Yeah I totally like the first Charlie and the Chocolate Factory better.

:drool: homemade potato chips....

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Morning! Went through the finances last night, and after paying for the new furniture this week, they are still looking good! :D Also, thought I would get back at the idiot upstairs in my own special way...

...I lined his door casing with maple syrup and used a tooth pick to shove it in all the little cracks. Welcome ants! :weee:

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
picked up a medium 2003 red Hecker frame, w/fork, headset, seatpost and f.der for $400 shipped from the classified! Came in yesterday and it looks like what I expected.

Now I need to dig up a few parts like;
- QR front disc wheel
- Disc Brakes
- Handlebars

I'll a sweet loaner trail bike for less then $600!!

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Morning :stosh:

Had a bad night, lost the bike on a loose over patch last night, and went down awkwardly on my right arm/shoulder. The bike is fine, and I'm really hurting.:rolleyes:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
That's cause I kept kicking it last night! ;) j/k

Morning. Had a great ride last night. It's nice to have the old group back again. Some food and beer followed at the local pub.
I want to go back to the trail to investigate where Jeremy and I almost lost it last night.

Sorry the ride was as short as it was last nigth.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
bluebug32 said:
Switching jobs?

I've been going through the same thing lately. I hate it too
Not likely, but...

The good news is that it's basically my dream job - Web Director. The salary range is 10-30k more than I'm making now. The bad news... it's probably 3 "levels" above my current position and the department is full of egos (probably the worst department on campus in terms of work environment).

I've worked with the person chairing the seach team, so that might help me some. Basically I want to get the word out that I'm looking for something better than where I am now. I figure I can use it as a bargaining chip in my current position, and perhaps set me up for something down the road.