Quantcast

~~Happy Humpday Morning!!~~

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
antimony said:
...I lined his door casing with maple syrup and used a tooth pick to shove it in all the little cracks. Welcome ants! :weee:

Eeevil. Has this officially reached Feudin' stages. Hatfield or McCoy?

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
stosh said:
I want to go back to the trail to investigate where Jeremy and I almost lost it last night.

Sorry the ride was as short as it was last nigth.
I hit the same thing. I think it was a funny little root. It threw my front tire, but somehow I managed to hang out. I think it's because I was off the saddle.

It's cool that it was short. You have to slowly get back into things. It was just nice seeing everyone last night. I'll get to work early tomorrow and beat the traffic home. I think Dogwonder might join us too.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
jacksonpt said:
Not likely, but...

The good news is that it's basically my dream job - Web Director. The salary range is 10-30k more than I'm making now. The bad news... it's probably 3 "levels" above my current position and the department is full of egos (probably the worst department on campus in terms of work environment).

I've worked with the person chairing the seach team, so that might help me some. Basically I want to get the word out that I'm looking for something better than where I am now. I figure I can use it as a bargaining chip in my current position, and perhaps set me up for something down the road.
It never hurts to dream. I sent in an appliction last night to a place for a job that I'm sure hundreds have applied for. It's good to get your name out there and your resume on file at least. It's a college job, so I'm expecting the worst and will be surprised if I get a call.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
I hit the same thing. I think it was a funny little root. It threw my front tire, but somehow I managed to hang out. I think it's because I was off the saddle.

It's cool that it was short. You have to slowly get back into things. It was just nice seeing everyone last night. I'll get to work early tomorrow and beat the traffic home. I think Dogwonder might join us too.
Thats cool that DW is going to come. I'll make sure I'm there by 5:45 as well. Shoot, I still need a pair of gloves.....

Stewart is in PRIME condition right now.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
stosh said:
Engrish please!
I'm looking foward to getting new people on the trails with it! You have any parts to unload for the cause? Brakes and the front wheel are the most crucial right now.

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
Well I worked 12 hours yesterday and was supposed to go out into the field this morning at about 4:30 ... but decided to take the day off instead. I'm tired, really tired. I can't sleep because the house is still 90+ degrees and my dog is miserable.

We're going somewhere today. I don't know where, but hopefully it'll be cool. The A/C man should be by tomorrow. Until then... uuuughhhhhh.

On a happy note, I got my fixed crank bros pedal yesterday along with my re-strapped Chacos. Take a look at this photo and tell me if I have an obsession.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Tame Ape said:
I'm looking foward to getting new people on the trails with it! You have any parts to unload for the cause? Brakes and the front wheel are the most crucial right now.
you looking for disc?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
macko said:
Well I worked 12 hours yesterday and was supposed to go out into the field this morning at about 4:30 ... but decided to take the day off instead. I'm tired, really tired. I can't sleep because the house is still 90+ degrees and my dog is miserable.

We're going somewhere today. I don't know where, but hopefully it'll be cool. The A/C man should be by tomorrow. Until then... uuuughhhhhh.

On a happy note, I got my fixed crank bros pedal yesterday along with my re-strapped Chacos. Take a look at this photo and tell me if I have an obsession.

are they comforable?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Tame Ape said:
yeah, and a disc front wheel too.
So basically all you have is a frame...

Good luck finding someone who will give away disc brake wheels and disc brakes.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
stosh said:
So basically all you have is a frame...

Good luck finding someone who will give away disc brake wheels and disc brakes.
thanks for the positive vibes!

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
stosh said:
Any place in particular to purchase them from?
IF there's an REI or EMS or similar outdoor hiking/camping store near you they should typically have 'em. Like any pair of shoes definitey try 'em on before you get them as they can be fairly expensive (~ $70). I've only paid full price for one pair, the others have been picked up at REI scratch-n-dent sales and for pro-deal prices through work.

In the past 3 years I've hiked more non-work-related miles in Chacos than I have boots/shoes. They don't stink, they don't have the uncomfortable velco/plastic apparati that Tevas have, and seem to last forever. I'm stopping now before someone labels me a spam-whore.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
macko said:
IF there's an REI or EMS or similar outdoor hiking/camping store near you they should typically have 'em. Like any pair of shoes definitey try 'em on before you get them as they can be fairly expensive (~ $70). I've only paid full price for one pair, the others have been picked up at REI scratch-n-dent sales and for pro-deal prices through work.

In the past 3 years I've hiked more non-work-related miles in Chacos than I have boots/shoes. They don't stink, they don't have the uncomfortable velco/plastic apparati that Tevas have, and seem to last forever. I'm stopping now before someone labels me a spam-whore.
ok cool, thanks for the heads up. I'll look into them.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
got back from fomba a little while ago. i was geared too high so it wasn't too easy on some of the trails. i kept it short because i was pretty dead after the first trail, fire line, which is 3 miles of super windy, up and down, trail. i forgot to bring the camera, but i may head back tomorrow.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
Just got word that Wifey's goods have arrived, so SHE's got some building to do tonight....
What did the deck gate fall off or something?

Nathan Cloud

Chimp
Jun 27, 2005
Burlington, CT
MMcG said:
The one pic I took from last night's ride:
Hey, there I am! :)

It was nice meeting and riding with you! A fun ride was had.

In case you missed it over yonder, I threw up our ride here - and the map of it is here

I got a ride going on sunday at meshomasic if you and your 29 inch wheels are looking for some hills and rock gardens. All are welcome!