Quantcast

~~Happy Humpday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

I'm not going to be in the office till later so I'm posting this now.

Had a fun bike ride with Bruzer last night. I had to ditch Beth and our Friend Jeremy because of the dog but other than that it was a chilly and fun ride.

Hope ya all have a great day!

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I had to ditch Beth and our Friend Jeremy because of the dog...
Why's that?

Good morning all! MBC dragged me kicking and screaming for a road ride last night. I was all ready to sit on my ass and do nothing. :disgust: I probably should have worm more than short sleeves and shorts. It was COLD on that ride.

MTB tonight.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
It is getting cold in the NE already?

Rain today. Laughed my ass off watching the Wire last night.

And this made my day....

HBO signed up the Wire for the 5th Season

Its 4th season just begun, 'The Wire' gets OK for 5th
Latest rave reviews delight HBO brass
By David Zurawik
sun television critic
Originally published September 13, 2006
In a surprise move that will guarantee 125 jobs and pump at least $17.5 million into the local economy next year, HBO will announce today that it is renewing its Peabody Award-winning drama, The Wire, for a fifth season.

The Baltimore-based series about urban America began its fourth season Sunday night, greeted by a crush of critical acclaim, including an "appreciation" on The New York Times' editorial page calling the series "the closest that moving pictures have come so far to the depth and nuance of the novel."
"We are delighted - though not surprised - at the initial critical response to the new season of The Wire," Carolyn Strauss, president of HBO Entertainment, said in a statement. "David Simon and his remarkable creative team have a riveting and thought-provoking series that's unlike anything else on TV."

In a statement, HBO confirmed reports in Sunday's Sun that the fifth season would look at the role of mass media in contributing to cities' dysfunction.

"For four seasons, we have depicted that part of urban America which has been left behind by the economy and by the greater society, and chronicled entrenched problems that have gone without solution for generations now," Simon, the 46-year-old creator of the series, says in the statement.

According to Simon, the fifth season will focus on the economy in answering the questions: "Why? What is it that we see and sense about these problems? To what are we giving attention, and what is it that we consistently ignore? How do we actually see ourselves?"

At the end of Season 3, in December 2004, it seemed as if HBO was about to cancel the series. But, not ready to abandon his vision, Simon wrote story arcs and scripts for another season that were so compelling that HBO gave him another year.

The expectation by Simon himself was that HBO would see how ratings went this season before committing to a fifth season. In an interview in Sunday's Sun, Simon vowed to write a fifth and final season as a novel if HBO did not renew the series.

The ratings Sunday for the Season 4 premiere - 1.53 million - were only slightly better than those of Season 3, when cancellation seemed imminent - an average of 1.49 million. But looking at The Wire's critical acclaim and at technology that allows the series to be marketed in new ways, HBO sees a series worth renewing.

A final audience measurement for Sunday's screening won't be available for weeks - the time it will take for an independent ratings service to canvass cable systems across the country for the number of viewers who saw the episode On Demand. In addition, Nielsen Media Research this week will be measuring the number of viewers for nine additional replays of The Wire's premiere on various HBO channels.

"All of these - plus people recording the show on DVRs for later viewing - are ways that we hope more people will be accessing The Wire," said David Baldwin, executive vice president for program planning at HBO. "We've made a concerted effort to put it on in as many places as we possibly can."

By way of comparison, other Sunday-night viewing included 20.7 million people watching NFL football on NBC, while 13.0 million tuned in for Part 1 of ABC's controversial docudrama The Path to 9/11.

david.zurawik@baltsun.com

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Morning Stosh...

good for you.... YOU WENT FOR A RIDE!!! wait a minute was Bruzer on the back of the tandem? or was he running along with you?

It is raining pretty hard right now and has been since yesterday morning... somehow I think the trails are going to be like a big bowl of penutbutter soup!

T23

Chimp
Jul 13, 2006
Good morning from the west coast where at 5:00 it's 68 degrees.
I went for a little ride slash trail building last night with my kid, always fun watching him ride.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - had a good hockey practice with the kids last night. They worked hard and handled some challenging drills pretty well, so I was pleased. Man I love coaching! It rocks! I shoulda pursued a coaching career instead of what I do now.

Brought my Niner and gear to work - hopefully I'll be able to get out to ride with IAB and MBC.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning. Did nothing last night. Might try to get out for a road ride tonight if the weather cooporates, and I plan on starting to pack for Ashford tonight as well. That is all...

splat

Nam I am
Morning.

I actually drove to work today !! ( i know the horror) Had some school things that needed to be taken care of .

But i have my Mt bike in the car , so I think I will ride it home , a couple of trails I'd like to explore on my way.

last Night did trail work . went in the woods with the Brush cutter , we havea Big trail day this saturday ( which I am going to miss ) and we did the initial Brush cut for a new trail that is being built

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
:happydance: Wooo-Hoooo!!! :happydance:

Pulling into my driveway after work yesterday, who do I see sitting in the driveway? None other than the UPS man with my shock---back from the repair-hell known as Romic Service Dept. Nice. Only took them a damn month to fix the rebound.......who's working on things out there? The government?

Anyways....I threw the shock on ASAP, strapped the bike in the back of the truck, grabbed the dog and headed out for my first ride since mid-August. It felt great to be gliding over the jumps again. Big smile.

I rode until dark and was thouroghly whooped.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning! Went to our local bike club meeting last night and managed to get all of my errands run before it so I get to relax tonight and start getting packed for CT. I plan on some light spinning on the rollers or stationary bike tonight but that's about it.

Last official day of recruiting was yesterday. Today I run around, pick up any left over forms and get my schedules done so I can start teaching.

Dental cleaning tonight too :)

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Rode with Stosh and Divi last night. Something tells me the season's almost over and that makes me sad. Gonna race this weekend and then enjoy every second I can at Stewart until it closes soon.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
'morning :monkey:s ...
Rain is teh suck.
Installed a new Truvativ crankset on a friend's bike last night with the external bearing BB. My initial opinion is that these do not suck.
Have a great day everyone.

ktmsx

Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
CT.
Why are people already saying end of season.??? good god man it is only Sept.We had a good ride last night, left the light in the truck thinking it is only 5:00 plenty of time.It is getting dark way to early took us a little extra time getting out of the woods..no big deal since we were not in a rush.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Why are people already saying end of season.??? good god man it is only Sept.We had a good ride last night, left the light in the truck thinking it is only 5:00 plenty of time.It is getting dark way to early took us a little extra time getting out of the woods..no big deal since we were not in a rush.
End of season? It's the start of Autumn. BEST time of the year to ride!!!

ktmsx

Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
CT.
That is what I am saying, I love this time of year.Last year a couple of us rode all winter...once you start going you are no longer cold that is for sure...

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
I say end of the season because the place we ride is a multiple use area, so it closes to us on Oct. 1. It's certainly not the end of the season for getting in some nice weekend rides. My friend is going to loan me a light so we can get out at night. I've never done night riding. Should be great!

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
I say end of the season because the place we ride is a multiple use area, so it closes to us on Oct. 1. It's certainly not the end of the season for getting in some nice weekend rides. My friend is going to loan me a light so we can get out at night. I've never done night riding. Should be great!
If you come down to Westchester, its bow-hunting only. :biggrin:

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
So, every day I try to look up something new on Wikipedia. For a while it was people like Vanderbilt or Astor or Hudson or whatever, today I'm reading about the Heimlich maneuver. Interesting stuff.

It was developed/released in 1974. Who knew? Even more so, the dudes still alive! Who knew that either??:cheers:

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
So, every day I try to look up something new on Wikipedia. For a while it was people like Vanderbilt or Astor or Hudson or whatever, today I'm reading about the Heimlich maneuver. Interesting stuff.

It was developed/released in 1974. Who knew? Even more so, the dudes still alive! Who knew that either??:cheers:
I like Wikipedia, but I'm hesitant to fully believe it because I know anyone can contribute and it's not always accurate

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Why's that?

Good morning all! MBC dragged me kicking and screaming for a road ride last night. I was all ready to sit on my ass and do nothing. :disgust: I probably should have worm more than short sleeves and shorts. It was COLD on that ride.

MTB tonight.

Because it was his first time out and he's only been NOT sick for a little over a week now so we were taking it easy on him.

He did really well and he did well with other riders on the trail. This was his first time out and he was very well behaved.
I'm sad we didn't get to hang out with Beth more though...

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Because it was his first time out and he's only been NOT sick for a little over a week now so we were taking it easy on him.

He did really well and he did well with other riders on the trail. This was his first time out and he was very well behaved.
I'm sad we didn't get to hang out with Beth more though...
But you got to carwash a dog with a Camelbak though. That's gotta be worth something.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
I like Wikipedia, but I'm hesitant to fully believe it because I know anyone can contribute and it's not always accurate
It turns out that he is also convinced that if you give someone who is already suffering from AIDS, Cancer or whatever else, and injection of malarial blood that they could be healed.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I can get it tonight. Will you be around your place at like 5pm ish?

Edit: If you have any headset spacers you want to get rid of as well, let me know... ;)

Tigg - who's your daddy??? I've got a slew of headset spacers I can bring to Ashford.

I'd have more but the guys at the bikeshop misplaced about 5 or six carbon spacers when they cut my steerer tube. :rant:

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
good morning/afternoon...
Long night at work last night, major breakdowns .. yikes.. when stuff like this happen I need to suit up in some overalls and get my hands dirty. to make matters worse a co-worker got a metal shaving in his eye.. so off we went to the emergency room...
Good news is that my puppy is back from being spayed and she is doing well...

have a great day!!

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Tigg - who's your daddy??? I've got a slew of headset spacers I can bring to Ashford.

I'd have more but the guys at the bikeshop misplaced about 5 or six carbon spacers when they cut my steerer tube. :rant:
Will you be in Ashford on Friday?

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Today sucks. We had to put one of our cats to sleep yesterday. He was only 11, but his kidneys gave out on him. R-I-P Buzz.

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Great cake Stosh.

Good morning,

Went hiking instead of biking last night. Climbed Shaw Butte and took my seven year old daughter. She did a great job, keeping right up with the adults. I grabbed my commuter light to drag along to be able to see on the trip back down. That worked out well.