Quantcast

~~Happy Humpday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Man I'm so out of it, I almost wrote "good monday morning" then it took me about 3min to figure out what day it was.

:stosh: <----- sorry I had to do it! It's nice that it's back! :)

Anyway does anybody know any tricks to making coffee on one of thoes camp stove perkulator type coffee pots? I made some the other day on the stove at home and it was good but a little light. Anybody got any suggestions?

Tonight I'll be packing for MBW! I can't wait!! Wahoo!!!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Yo! Can't help you on the coffee thing.

I saw some cars heading up north this morning, presumably to Mt Snow. I assume that because I don't normally see cars with Norco, Intense, and Santa Cruz DH bikes on them in this neck of the woods, let alone during a Wednesday morning commute. :) Kind of made me pissed that I had to go to work.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
volleyball last night, we kicked arse (won 6 out of 6)

but the best part was, after a real long volley I screwed up and did a bad bump on a ball that would have gone out anyway, well the cute & athletic chick that hit it ran under the net and gave me a big HUG (I never even talked to this girl before)

my teammates were busting on my for screwiing up the play, and I said if I keep getting hugs I'll screw up everyplay!

:D

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Good morning!

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood...well, for me it is because I am done teaching classes for the school year. Now, I am cleaning up my instruments and storing them for the summer.

Yesterday I applied for 2 jobs closer to home. One that I am REALLY interested in and another that I am not quite as interested in. Hopefully they call me for some interviews so I can cut my commute in half (more time for riding) and get to stay in 1 building!!! Kep your fingers crossed for me!

Tonight we're going for a ride and then choosing the color of my new bike frame!!! :D

T-Blazer

Monkey
Jun 8, 2004
rochester,ny
I hope you get the interview . good luck !!!!!! . by the way my favorite color is olive green , however red is numero uno for all bikes . cheers

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
just a name....

theres a bar on site that most people hang out at after, so I figured she be in there....but she wasnt :(
Probably went home to her boyfriend

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - went for a post work ride on the Cheeta last night - went a different route than I normally do at the W. Hartford Res. It was fun to change the scenery a bit. Broke a chain, but got help fixing it - and then proceeded to rip it up on the Cheeta - that bike is fun as hell! My Balfa is in for repairs to get ready for Dalton - so the Cheeta is my main MTB ride right now.

Another beautiful day today - might have to get out again tonight on the trails.

Cheers!

Mark

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
'morning.

Run the coffee through the same grounds again. It'll get stronger.
It seems that once the water goes thru the basket once it won't perk up thru again......

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
you are EVIL !

but nope......I found out she went to another bar

then she probaly went home drunk to her boyfriend (but thinking about me) HA HA

Bwahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh NICE

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
T-Blazer said:
I hope you get the interview . good luck !!!!!! . by the way my favorite color is olive green , however red is numero uno for all bikes . cheers
Thanks...I am puling out all the strings for this one ;)

I am sad about the bike colors though...the Cannondale colors are really boring!!! :angry:

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh. If the weather holds, I'm riding and mowing tonight, then packing in the morning. If the weather is iffy, I'm riding and packing tonight, and mowing next week. If the weather is bad, I'm packing tonight.

Gotta get a list put together of the things I still need to buy before I leave... food, ice, etc. I need a new camelbak, but not sure if it's going to work out before I leave.

Looks like I'll be riding in Carbondale tomorrow on teh way to MBW... should be a humbling experience. The whole weekend should be a humbling experience for that matter. Still... can't wait - a weekend with no phones, no TVs, work, no family, just bikes and food. That sounds about like paradise to me!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Mornin Stosh. If the weather holds, I'm riding and mowing tonight, then packing in the morning. If the weather is iffy, I'm riding and packing tonight, and mowing next week. If the weather is bad, I'm packing tonight.

Gotta get a list put together of the things I still need to buy before I leave... food, ice, etc. I need a new camelbak, but not sure if it's going to work out before I leave.

Looks like I'll be riding in Carbondale tomorrow on teh way to MBW... should be a humbling experience. The whole weekend should be a humbling experience for that matter. Still... can't wait - a weekend with no phones, no TVs, work, no family, just bikes and food. That sounds about like paradise to me!
Oh... I haven't been on my bike in the woods is say... oh 3 weeks.... It sucks!
Believe me I'm sure I'll be crying at points this weekend.

I don't know if you caught it but Jeff is bringing his guitar! I'm pretty psyched about that!

So what did you get tomorrow off work? I won't be leaving here till 5 then I'm meeting up with my GF to grab a quick bite and say goodbye then I'm heading down. I should be there close to 8pm. I probably shouldn't say anything but the weather report looks pretty good....

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
TreeSaw said:
Good morning!

Tonight we're going for a ride and then choosing the color of my new bike frame!!! :D
What are your color choices? See if C-Dale will throw in a nice new stable platform shock into the mix as well! :thumb: :D

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
Oh... I haven't been on my bike in the woods is say... oh 3 weeks.... It sucks!
Believe me I'm sure I'll be crying at points this weekend.

I don't know if you caught it but Jeff is bringing his guitar! I'm pretty psyched about that!

So what did you get tomorrow off work? I won't be leaving here till 5 then I'm meeting up with my GF to grab a quick bite and say goodbye then I'm heading down. I should be there close to 8pm. I probably shouldn't say anything but the weather report looks pretty good....
Yea... I got tomorrow off. With all the crap that's going on right now, if I didn't take tomorrow off, there's no way I would have been down there by 8:00. Plus it gives me time to scope things out a bit, and stop for a ride on the way down.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Yea... I got tomorrow off. With all the crap that's going on right now, if I didn't take tomorrow off, there's no way I would have been down there by 8:00. Plus it gives me time to scope things out a bit, and stop for a ride on the way down.
Hey, you got a set of 2-way radios?

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
TreeSaw said:
They are actually upgrading me to a Jekyll 1000 frame and rear swing arm and the new FOX Float RL w/Pro Pedal shock too!!! :D
OK... I guess I missed it... why are they upgrading you? I assume you're having problems with a frame?

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Mornin all. Not much going on here. Everyone else in my dept is in Chicago for a user summit, so I'm left here holding down the fort. It would be nice and relaxing, except for the fact that I have a presentation due on friday, so I've been busting my butt getting in early and taking work home to work late. No weekday rides for me this week. Can't even take time to make it to the gym. Oh well.

MtnBikerNJ

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
jerrrrrsey
stosh said:
Man I'm so out of it, I almost wrote "good monday morning" then it took me about 3min to figure out what day it was.

:stosh: <----- sorry I had to do it! It's nice that it's back! :)

Anyway does anybody know any tricks to making coffee on one of thoes camp stove perkulator type coffee pots? I made some the other day on the stove at home and it was good but a little light. Anybody got any suggestions?

Tonight I'll be packing for MBW! I can't wait!! Wahoo!!!
mornin stosh. yea i have one of those. the longer you let it brew the stronger it gets. its been a while since I've done it, but it seems i remember grinding it a little more course, and using a little more. i also make a fake filter by sticking a paper towel into the basket, by poking a whole in the middle. it helps with the grounds.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MtnBikerNJ said:
mornin stosh. yea i have one of those. the longer you let it brew the stronger it gets. its been a while since I've done it, but it seems i remember grinding it a little more course, and using a little more. i also make a fake filter by sticking a paper towel into the basket, by poking a whole in the middle. it helps with the grounds.
Yeah, everything you've said seems correct to what I've read and heard.

Hey I'm going to best buy today to buy thoes 2-ways. They have a nice set of Cobra's on sale but I'm not gonna buy them because I bought a cheap pair last year and they never sent me my refund money.

MtnBikerNJ

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
jerrrrrsey
cool. spincrazy and i are prolly getting there around noon:30 or 1 on friday.

if you get the radios check out the motorolas. haven't had any problems with mine...

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Stosh... what cabin do we have?

I'm trying to get everything around, and I can't find the e-mail about the cabin.

Also... I'm going to bring a tent too, just in case. For as hot/humid as it has been lately, it might be noticable cooler outside than it is in the cabin. I'd bring a fan if I had one, but... Plus, a tent is more fun for me.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Stosh... what cabin do we have?

I'm trying to get everything around, and I can't find the e-mail about the cabin.

Also... I'm going to bring a tent too, just in case. For as hot/humid as it has been lately, it might be noticable cooler outside than it is in the cabin. I'd bring a fan if I had one, but... Plus, a tent is more fun for me.

I think we're cabin 108 but I have to check the paper at home again.

Did you see check the links I sent you yesterday? The cabin looks pretty big. A fan is a good idea. Hopefully I wont' be in the cabin that much.

Oh also you might want to sleep in a tent because I sleep in the nude, and if it's hot NO COVERS for me!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Damn that sucks man!

I like your avatar is that the Lord Chesterfield Ale I see?