Quantcast

~~Happy Humpday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

Everybody gearing up for the big monkeyfest?

I'm sitting here waiting for the sun to come out for a 8th day. This weather blows!

Ok well have a great day everybody!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
Doug - did you get your fork back already?
Speaking of that.... I've decided to slowly build up my old hollowpoint frame. :) Probably won't be done till next summer though.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
MMcG said:
Doug - did you get your fork back already?

not yet...ups ground from Cali :rolleyes:

BUT, I took your advice and threw the K2 'smart' fork on....only to have rear brake problems (cant tighten or get off the bolt that holds the brake cable)

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
stosh said:
Speaking of that.... I've decided to slowly build up my old hollowpoint frame. :) Probably won't be done till next summer though.
So that sale never went through eh? You should build up the old frame different from the current one - maybe make it your urban bike or something - one you can just beat the snot out of and not have to worry about it.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
douglas said:
not yet...ups ground from Cali :rolleyes:

BUT, I took your advice and threw the K2 'smart' fork on....only to have rear brake problems (cant tighten or get off the bolt that holds the brake cable)
hhmmmm.........trip to the LBS for the rear brake?

I need to check my rear brake pads on the Balfa - thanks for your post - it helped to remind me.
:cool:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
So that sale never went through eh? You should build up the old frame different from the current one - maybe make it your urban bike or something - one you can just beat the snot out of and not have to worry about it.
Yeah that is actually what I was thinking. I have the bomber front fork....

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
MMcG said:
its cheaper/quicker to buy new parts on line then go to the LBS

MMcG said:

I need to check my rear brake pads on the Balfa - thanks for your post - it helped to remind me.
:cool:
YES, YES you do (especially being we'll be riding together at :monkey: Fest ! )

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
douglas said:
its cheaper/quicker to buy new parts on line then go to the LBS

YES, YES you do (especially being we'll be riding together at :monkey: Fest ! )
I meant go to the LBS so they can get the bolt undone for you - not to get a new brake. You have mechanical disc brakes right?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MtnBikerNJ said:
why are you building up the old hollowpoint? its not like you are taking it to monkeyfest or anything ;)
Wow did you think of that one yourself?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning! Found out that my new warrantied frame is in, but the shock isn't so I am still waiting for it! Guess I'll be riding the "blue raja" at Monkeyfest and not my new Jekyll.

Today, I'm baking and returning bottles & cans and gearing up for Monkeyfest. It's my brother's birthday so got the family thing to do tonight as well.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
Morning! Found out that my new warrantied frame is in, but the shock isn't so I am still waiting for it! Guess I'll be riding the "blue raja" at Monkeyfest and not my new Jekyll.

Today, I'm baking and returning bottles & cans and gearing up for Monkeyfest. It's my brother's birthday so got the family thing to do tonight as well.
What happened to your old frame?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
You mean you didn't see the pictures :think: Frame flaw with the seat tube (noticed it before the Dalton race and they still haven't gotten me my warranty frame :mumble: ) Check it out...
Think of all the weight you're saving!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
Yeah :rolleyes: All I can think of is my broken seat at Whiteface right now and don't want a repeat (well, a similar breaking incident) at Monkeyfest!
That sucks!

I hated going through the warranty stuff with Ironhorse. It's just a pain... they were great about it but... still I know you're pain.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Mornin all. I WAS planning on riding after work today, but the restaurant that my wife works at part time asked her to work tonight. She's trying to get on full time (its a very high end place and the tips are outrageous) so she's taking everything they give her. Oh well. Her compromise to me this morning was that I get to ride this weekend (wasn't planning on it) so that's good.

Is Monkeyfest this weekend? Stosh, are you bringing your banner?

Also, Last night I got my new hardshell case to carry my camera in, so now I don't have to worry about breaking it. :thumb:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
pixelninja said:
Mornin all. I WAS planning on riding after work today, but the restaurant that my wife works at part time asked her to work tonight. She's trying to get on full time (its a very high end place and the tips are outrageous) so she's taking everything they give her. Oh well. Her compromise to me this morning was that I get to ride this weekend (wasn't planning on it) so that's good.

Is Monkeyfest this weekend? Stosh, are you bringing your banner?

Also, Last night I got my new hardshell case to carry my camera in, so now I don't have to worry about breaking it. :thumb:

I are not going to monkeyfest

what kind of case? Did you post a pic of it last week? If so then I know which one.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
stosh said:
I are not going to monkeyfest

what kind of case? Did you post a pic of it last week? If so then I know which one.
Yeah, I did post a pic of it last week. And here's another one all set up with my camera in it. :thumb: Pretty bombproof.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
pixelninja said:
Yeah, I did post a pic of it last week. And here's another one all set up with my camera in it. :thumb: Pretty bombproof.

wow!! Thats friggan NICE!!

I wish I could fit my camera in something like that.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Hey stosh!

I've been unable to ride the last few weeks and probably wont until early next week cuz first attempted to bleed the rear Mag on my V-10. And found it 'unusually difficult', and of course that means it didnt work. :p. So I took it in to the shop last week, Monday they call me up and say the bleed screw's hole into the caliper got pinched closed somehow and will have to order a new one so that puts it at late this/early next week. Other than that Im doing pretty good actually, been hitting it up with a neighbor girl of mine lately, so hopefully it works out in the future.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I need something to carry my Fuji Finepix in it. It's an odd shaped med. sized camera.