Quantcast

Happy 'I Bred' day

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Plan on doing errands and driving new car around, because I can. Supposedly getting filet tonight.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Slept better. Wife is making me corned beef hash and eggs for breakfast, then off to ride some DH laps. a bit more vaca packing and prep. Filet and scallops for dinner. I do need to mow the lawn at some point.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Yo! My triathlon yesterday followed my usual script: Average swim, good bike, strong run. 2500' of climbing on the 23.5 mile bike course...tough one. I finished 45/157 overall and 8/21 in my age group. I need to be a better swimmer if I'm ever going to be competitive. But, whatever.

8 mile MTB ride done early this morning. Heading out for brunch with dad-in-law at some fancypants French restaurant. Meh, give me bacon, eggs, and waffles.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I kilt a rattler on the back porch yesterday and built a bunny hop bar last night. We gonna host a bunny hop competition on Tuesday. Should be fun.

Last edited:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Favorite coffee shop opened up this week after being closed for the pandemic. Decided to strap the boot cast on my bad foot and suffer the pain to get some espresso. I roll up to see they are closed today. I guess Father’s Day is a thing.

At least there were multiple homeless camps around it. Particularly depressing after watching Decline of Western Civilization III.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Speaking of breeding, wifey is actively researching Golden Retriever puppies. I have always had Norwegian Elkhound/Shepherd mixes, so this would be new territory. However, I would like an ‘easy’ dog, as the NE mixes can be a serious handful. We are not really looking for a trail/ski dog, but more a companion who loves everyone, doesn’t bark, and doesn’t need a leash (excellent voice recall).

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Crankworks DH race was actually really nice to watch. Besides the good racing, I guess Warner as commentator brings something to the booth that Needles and Cam McC do not have.
The slopestyle yesterday was bonkers! :eek:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I had forgotten what the summer sun smells like when it cooks dog piss in your yard. Thanks to my neighbor for reminding me, as my kitchen window opens right into that now.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Rode/“rode”.

now awaiting Thai Monkey Club delivery to arrive.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Shot another chipmunk this morning for a total of 60. They just keep coming. Let a colony of ants harvest the carcass for a while before burying the evil little bastard. Recycle...

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
drove from old greenwich, ct to sebago lake, me. ate roast pork and had drinks on porch overlooking lake. horseback ride tomorrow...maybe find some trails for a bile ride too.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Speaking of breeding, wifey is actively researching Golden Retriever puppies. I have always had Norwegian Elkhound/Shepherd mixes, so this would be new territory. However, I would like an ‘easy’ dog, as the NE mixes can be a serious handful. We are not really looking for a trail/ski dog, but more a companion who loves everyone, doesn’t bark, and doesn’t need a leash (excellent voice recall).
Friends of mine bred those things and Christ they were dumb, friendly things that smell, drop lots of long fur and some barked quite a bit. They were also inbred as most expensive dogs are so they had to have small ops to fix weird eyes and shit up before the potential buyers got to see them.

I'd never have a pure bred because it doesn't mean shit to me, plus, mixes live longer and the parents didn't screw their cousins. Rescue dogs FTW!

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Wait, are we a fly-over country now? :(
lol we were making a beeline for the house, didn't come near the city. MA is usually the worst part of our drive - 90 and 485 in the summer (and especially on the weekends) can eat a bag of dicks. also, no way you'd want my whole crazy fam descending on your peaceful abode. next time i'm up that way solo . . . beers and bikes FO SHO.

hey @Rockland - ever been to Blackstrap? Libby Hill? worth it? May also go up and check out the new dh park at Mt. Abram. we'll be up closer to you later in the week. maybe finally hit up the ragged mountain area...

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Friends of mine bred those things and Christ they were dumb, friendly things that smell, drop lots of long fur and some barked quite a bit. They were also inbred as most expensive dogs are so they had to have small ops to fix weird eyes and shit up before the potential buyers got to see them.

I'd never have a pure bred because it doesn't mean shit to me, plus, mixes live longer and the parents didn't screw their cousins. Rescue dogs FTW!
We aren’t actually looking for a purebred, we are more shelter-dog people.

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
lol we were making a beeline for the house, didn't come near the city. MA is usually the worst part of our drive - 90 and 485 in the summer (and especially on the weekends) can eat a bag of dicks. also, no way you'd want my whole crazy fam descending on your peaceful abode. next time i'm up that way solo . . . beers and bikes FO SHO.

hey @Rockland - ever been to Blackstrap? Libby Hill? worth it? May also go up and check out the new dh park at Mt. Abram. we'll be up closer to you later in the week. maybe finally hit up the ragged mountain area...
Gravedig. Hope you had a good one. I was out of state on vacation myself.