Quantcast

Happy 'Mission Accomplished' Day!

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
:cheers:

Good thing they wrapped that up so quickly. This war might have cost thousands of lives and billions of dollars.

:happydance:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Thank god it was quick, gas prices might have gotten out of control.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Thank god it was quick, gas prices might have gotten out of control.
No kidding. It's a good thing we got out of there after a swift reconstruction and focused on our national security, education, environment and the economy.

Whew!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
No kidding. It's a good thing we got out of there after a swift reconstruction and focused on our national security, education, environment and the economy.

Whew!
The vocabulary and punctuation of the young ones on the board has vastly improved since education has become a priority.

I bet PSP and Mack are valedictorians this year.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
That news article was awesome.

I can't wait for Bush to publish a book next year titled:

"Top 100 things I f@cked up during my reign of terror"

I bet that banner is in the top 25 at least.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
That news article was awesome.

I can't wait for Bush to publish a book next year titled:

"Top 100 things I f@cked up during my reign of terror"
Ha. Survey says one line redundant thread posted by lazy/blind person is more useless:biggrin:

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
this 'war' we are engaged in will be going on for the next generation or two unfortunately.

The ideology that opposes us and its followers will stop at nothing to bring about our destruction. The grim fact is neither Obama nor Hillary can actually disengage in SW Asia being the troops home. Simply not a reality and isn't going to happen. Sounds good on the stump though.

RenegadeRick

98th percentile on my SAT & all I got was this tin

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
From 8 years ago . . . http://www.theonion.com/content/node/28784

How prescient! It's like Nostradamus wrote it! :D
Damn.

Bush swore to...
... selling off the national parks to developers, going into massive debt to develop expensive and impractical weapons technologies, and passing sweeping budget cuts that drive the mentally ill out of hospitals and onto the street.

...assuring citizens that the U.S. will engage in at least one Gulf War-level armed conflict in the next four years.

...Bush, who plans a 250 percent boost in military spending.

Bush vowed to bring back economic stagnation by implementing substantial tax cuts, which would lead to a recession, which would necessitate a tax hike, which would lead to a drop in consumer spending, which would lead to layoffs, which would deepen the recession even further.

Arctic National Wildlife Refuge.... He assured citizens that he will follow through on his campaign promise to open the 1.5 million acre refuge's coastal plain to oil drilling.

Bush had equally high praise for Attorney General nominee John Ashcroft, whom he praised as "a tireless champion in the battle to protect a woman's right to give birth."

"Soon... we will move out of the Dark Ages and into a more enlightened time when a woman will be free to think long and hard before trying to fight her way past throngs of protesters blocking her entrance to an abortion clinic," Bush said. "We as a nation can look forward to lots and lots of babies."
"John Ashcroft will be invaluable in healing the terrible wedge President Clinton drove between church and state."

"Under Bush, we can all look forward to military aggression, deregulation of dangerous, greedy industries, and the defunding of vital domestic social-service programs upon which millions depend."

Rush Limbaugh said. "Once again, we will enjoy mounting debt, jingoism, nuclear paranoia, mass deficit, and a massive military build-up."

An overwhelming 49.9 percent of Americans responded enthusiastically to the Bush speech.

"George W. Bush understands the pain of enfranchisement, and ever since Election Day, he has fought tirelessly to make sure it never happens to my people again."

"We as a people must stand united, banding together to tear this nation in two," Bush said. "Much work lies ahead of us: The gap between the rich and the poor may be wide, be there's much more widening left to do. We must squander our nation's hard-won budget surplus on tax breaks for the wealthiest 15 percent. And, on the foreign front, we must find an enemy and defeat it."
Jesus ****ing christ. If only the last 8 years really were a parody.