Quantcast

Happy Monday, chicos

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
mmmm espresso

Ruth flew off to Omaha Nebraska with a bunch of her friends to watch the World Cup of Dressage so I have the house to myself until Saturday, Maybe I will actually get some projects completed now.

But seriously Omaha? She did ask if I wanted to go along...Big Nope

Eye doc this afternoon to get a new prescription

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Went to work, get the oscilloscope out which happens on average. quarterly.
Scope is flat, hear a distant boom, power goes out, get an email that it might be out for a while, drive home to charge scope, drive back, get a call to say that the power is back, drive home again get scope and return, get called to a breakdown, hahaha!
Eat, Sorta Sleep, Rage, Repeat.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Up early again, so coffee and study until the girls get up.

I have Friday off and Wifey was thinking that we should do something like go skiing, but she has no interest in that. I can't think of much to do and I have to take the kart to the shop to get the sprocket changed and chain lengthened. So... Gotta figure something out that will take half a day.

Edit: this sprocket thing just keeps getting worse. I finally had the chance to look at her engine data and she only got up to 4380rpm, but the max is 6100rpm. Each tooth on the sprocket is, rule of thumb, 100rpm. 16*100=1600+4400 =6000rpm. She dropped 10% on her time Saturday from her tune and fit alone, but was only getting 70% of her powerband.

I am just killing her. At least she has someone to blame for why she's so far off from hitting the same speeds and times as her competitors, and at this point, it's not her. This should pretty closely neutralize the straight speeds so that she can focus on her turns, which are where real differences are made, and where she is really good.

Learning a new sport is hard. I think I really am going to have to pay the extra $250/weekend, at least for a while to have the shop take care of semi take care of her kart and do coaching for her. Because I'm sucking at it right now.

Last edited:

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
:wave:
I’m tired. Thankfully bean tea seems to be doing its thing.

One of the projects from the weekend is/was refinishing our island top. Figure 10 years was decent out of the finish. Filled some voids and holes(that I should have done the first time) with epoxy. Hoping to “go see some customers” and work on that.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
happy Monday :wave:

great ski day yesterday and 70* down at home. felt good to have the windows open. Another high wind day in store, let's hope nothing catches fire today.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hey homies
slept weird last night. I mean I slept great, but had just the strangest dreams, really intense and wild ones. I was derping around my old college off-campus housing area in one, and another I was at like an evening carnival doing tequila shots at an outdoor bar when somebody came up behind me and barfed down my back. So I got that going for me.

Getting a serious case of the "retail therapies" going on. My wife decided to not do birthday gifts after my birthday so I'm justified in spending a few hundo on myself, right?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
:wave:

At work, coffee in hand.

Should be an easy day, working on (?).

On the work front, I've mentioned before about how I'm in this odd transition state within IT reorganization. I told the guy who I thought was my manager, that I was curious (concerned?) about where I fit in, as I was not included in the re-org announcement. Its been radio silence since - which is good and bad - the good is that I've basically been able to choose what I want to work on for the last 3 months, bad that I'm in this unknown limbo state.

Well on Friday I get sent weekly invites for 1-on-1 meetings with our IT supervisor (I previously didn't report to him, I went right to head honcho boss). So we'll see if this is where its at, that the supervisor is now who I report to. If it is, I need to find a way to express how I don't have much confidence in our management. If the manager just ghosts me like that and can't even reach out to explain what's going on (he was my manager at one point and I've been here for almost 10 years), then I don't expect much more (he wasn't the greatest manager, when he was mine back then either). The supervisor guy is a nice a guy, but isn't very technical and has only been here for like 2 years...so it almost feels backwards, I should be his supervisor? I kind of feel like I'm watching this thing from the sidelines, waiting for someone to tag me into the game.

ANYWAYS, end rant/random thoughts.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
family went skiing yesterday for what is likely the last time this year. local hills may operate this weekend, but unsure we can make it. anyways, caus' of my knee, I had to stay home so I did our taxes (will get a few $k back so that's nice), and cleaned out some shit in the basement to make room to finish it. Found an envelope of cash from when I sold my Ibis two years ago! I had totally forgotten about it! I was keeping it to buy a new bike for the boy. Now I just have to make sure he's actually interested in riding...

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
I spent all day getting the springs in my garage door changed yesterday.

I am happy to be at work so I can have time to myself today.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Looking at our test case database, it shows there are 58,668 test cases. All of them are just a title as it's derived from a script, but there is also ZERO documentation as to what it might actually do outside of what the title says. Maybe it's just me, but "Test Region Validation Create No Memory 3.4.2" doesn't speak to me enough to get what's going on. :rofl:

At least there's only 58,667 others to go through.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Thinking the reason I've been getting up early the last few night is anxiety around my test and that I keep fucking up Haley's kart. I'm going to get her sprocket fixed Friday, practice Sunday, then get it back down to them during the week to race prep. Wifey, who generally isn't loving the kart said do it, so we are.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
tense and grumpy around the casa as wifey lost her shit at our kids at bedtime last night for being little schmucks and always fucking around and not doing what we ask. she's also annoyed because we couldn't find a cabin for this weekend (the first part of their spring break) because it's also easter so everything is booked. then we planned to camp but the current forecast looks like crap. le sigh.

also annoying is that the stove repairman, from GE, said that the front burner of out stove was unfixable (for him, because of liability) because of a wiring issue and that they would simply replace the stove, but when i called GE to schedule delivery they said no, only pro-rated replacement at $800. so currently trying to figure that out. fuckity fuck.

anyhoo, just trying to go about my day...glad that i got in a dh day yesterday for sure.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
<snip>
also annoying is that the stove repairman, from GE, said that the front burner of out stove was unfixable (for him, because of liability) because of a wiring issue and that they would simply replace the stove, but when i called GE to schedule delivery they said no, only pro-rated replacement at $800. so currently trying to figure that out. fuckity fuck.
Time to go induction? I think you can get some significant rebates currently...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
tense and grumpy around the casa as wifey lost her shit at our kids at bedtime last night for being little schmucks and always fucking around and not doing what we ask. she's also annoyed because we couldn't find a cabin for this weekend (the first part of their spring break) because it's also easter so everything is booked. then we planned to camp but the current forecast looks like crap. le sigh.

anyhoo, just trying to go about my day...glad that i got in a dh day yesterday for sure.
Time to go induction? I think you can get some significant rebates currently...
@Changleen was kind enough to post this recently and I bookmarked it.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
also annoying is that the stove repairman, from GE, said that the front burner of out stove was unfixable (for him, because of liability) because of a wiring issue and that they would simply replace the stove,
I'm sure my boss would take it really well if I said I couldn't fix an airplane because of the liability so we better just buy a new one. :rolleyes:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
It's actually a lemonade made with lemons that happen to be orange. So technically, I guess they would be oranges, but the peel is green, and small, like a lime.
It's all so confusing.
But delicious!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
It's actually a lemonade made with lemons that happen to be orange. So technically, I guess they would be oranges, but the peel is green, and small, like a lime.
It's all so confusing.
But delicious!
I recently made orange juice with oranges that were red

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
i can't blame her for not wanting to search for the weirdest bike parts in china
technically it's weird used parts from ebay

but no, our March/April is a clusterfuck of birthdays, anniversaries, and other shit that it's one less thing to think about. We can afford to buy our own shit when we want it, so it's kind of like "let's just do that".

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
technically it's weird used parts from ebay

but no, our March/April is a clusterfuck of birthdays, anniversaries, and other shit that it's one less thing to think about. We can afford to buy our own shit when we want it, so it's kind of like "let's just do that".
my wife and I are at the point we only expect small tokens for this kind of stuff. we usually prefer to have a nice dinner or something, but are starting to shift to sock money away for nice vacations. that's not to say we never treat/surprise each other, but we're mindful to avoid falling into the mindset of having to one up each other.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
my wife and I are at the point we only expect small tokens for this kind of stuff. we usually prefer to have a nice dinner or something, but are starting to shift to sock money away for nice vacations. that's not to say we never treat/surprise each other, but we're mindful to avoid falling into the mindset of having to one up each other.
yeah that's the gist, but this is the internet and I want to complain! We did a nice dinner and I will return the favor.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Gifts are rare between the wife and I. We acknowledge the day, maybe make it buy a nice dinner, but trying to figure out what to get is a pointless stress. I did buy her new golf clubs for our anniversary and golf shoes for her birthday this year, but it's totally selfish reasons. The purple Jordan 1 lows are perfect for her.