Quantcast

Happy Monday, chicos

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Gifts are rare between the wife and I. We acknowledge the day, maybe make it buy a nice dinner, but trying to figure out what to get is a pointless stress. I did buy her new golf clubs for our anniversary and golf shoes for her birthday this year, but it's totally selfish reasons. The purple Jordan 1 lows are perfect for her.
I feel somehow warm and fuzzy from this post. Thanks.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Since we're on the topic of gifts for our wives... Mine is turning 50 is a month and a half.

She likes books. That's her hobby. Wtf am I supposed to get her to mark a milestone birthday that involves books? A rare first edition? A library?

Open to suggestions....

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Since we're on the topic of gifts for our wives... Mine is turning 50 is a month and a half.

She likes books. That's her hobby. Wtf am I supposed to get her to mark a milestone birthday that involves books? A rare first edition? A library?

Open to suggestions....
Write her a book! A month and a half should be plenty of time. :D

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Continuing the run of luck(?) with the vehicles - got a flat tire on the way back from Silverton. Took it into Discount 5 min from la casa and dropped it for repair. Less than 90 min and I get a txt that the repair is done. Guy at the counter said no charge. :confused:

Also - wife returned yesterday with the new-to-us Xterra, so we officially have way too many fuckin' cars around now.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

Open to suggestions....
Mine hits 50 next year. For mine we rented a house on the coast for 3 days and my boy and his crew came out and a few friends swung by for a bit, it was pretty epic. We will likely do something similar for hers.

I played my first round here, it was tops.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just talked to the shop. Somebody's getting a talking to later, because the kart never should have left the shop last time with that ring on it still - especially because it's out of class spec. I have to run it down tomorrow morning and pick it up Wednesday by 5:30, else it's stuck for the week and she gets to try it out for the first time on race wknd.

I really should have gotten her into soccer or running.

Just talked to the shop. Somebody's getting a talking to later, because the kart never should have left the shop last time with that ring on it still - especially because it's out of class spec. I have to run it down tomorrow morning and pick it up Wednesday by 5:30, else it's stuck for the week and she gets to try it out for the first time on race wknd.

I really should have gotten her into soccer or running.
No, she is going to kick some egotistical male ass, which is a Good Thing.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
No, she is going to kick some egotistical male ass, which is a Good Thing.
I think I'm gonna chat with the shop owner about her kart while I'm there. Her motor is good - like, really good - so worth about $1500. I paid $2600 with about a other $800 of misc repair/update related things, so the kart is effectively $1900 oop for me to date. If I can get $1200-1500 for the kart, then that's a big chunk of the way to me getting a new kart and just moving the motor over. I still have bunches in the "Mark's unused stuff" piles, so I might just start going through and selling things to close the gap between the cost of a new kart and what we have in current value. That way I can not get obliterated by the new kart cost... Because it's a few grand that I'm short now - assuming I can sell the chassis for that much.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I think I'm gonna chat with the shop owner about her kart while I'm there. Her motor is good - like, really good - so worth about $1500. I paid $2600 with about a other $800 of misc repair/update related things, so the kart is effectively $1900 oop for me to date. If I can get $1200-1500 for the kart, then that's a big chunk of the way to me getting a new kart and just moving the motor over. I still have bunches in the "Mark's unused stuff" piles, so I might just start going through and selling things to close the gap between the cost of a new kart and what we have in current value. That way I can not get obliterated by the new kart cost... Because it's a few grand that I'm short now - assuming I can sell the chassis for that much.
:popcorn:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Just got back from the eye doc. No sign of Cataracts, macular degeneration, or glaucoma YAY. Both of my eyes are between 20/20 and 20/25 with my left eye staying stable for the most part with a slight change in the astigmatism The right ey show more rotation of the astigmatism but it was easily correctable to where I could read the bottom of the eyechart clearly. Same for the reader section of the progressive lenses.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004

Open to suggestions....
give her time.

local museum/gallery visit followed by a nice lunch/dinner followed by a indie bookshop visit.

Or go bowling.