Quantcast

Happy Monday, chicos

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Just got back from the eye doc. No sign of Cataracts, macular degeneration, or glaucoma YAY. Both of my eyes are between 20/20 and 20/25 with my left eye staying stable for the most part with a slight change in the astigmatism The right ey show more rotation of the astigmatism but it was easily correctable to where I could read the bottom of the eyechart clearly. Same for the reader section of the progressive lenses.
We are ALL so proud of you!

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I think that's my point, I'm jealous of the older codger. My eyesight is bad up close and medium distance, and I can't get it fixed. I haven't tried bifocals, they scare me, especially for riding.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Why dafuq are you wearing progressives if your eyesight is 20/20?
Its the correction for the astigmatism. without the lens I see a overlapping double image of what I am trying to read and it creates a blur. It makes it really hard to read something from off my phone, to a street sign. At distance I will see two images such as two airplanes very close to each other but each at a slightly different angle, Sports where seeing close up is not a premium I wear single vision lenses.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Damn it... my optician killed himself 48 hours ago. He was such a good dude and a talented musician. Plus he did eye glasses for cash and loved to talk shit and music.

RIP Dan.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I think that's my point, I'm jealous of the older codger. My eyesight is bad up close and medium distance, and I can't get it fixed. I haven't tried bifocals, they scare me, especially for riding.
Last time I went to the eye checkerouterer she told me that my eyes were constructed perfectly, I was stoked with that but then she hit me with- But you could get the weakest prescription.
I went because I got prescribed uppers but my eyes went weird, they felt like they had a bunch of pressure in them and got pretty light sensitive.