Quantcast

>>Happy Monday Morning<<

Graphics

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
Connecticut
Well my weekend was riddled with drama of which I can't get into. Let's just say i'm in the process of being "liberated" as one friend said to me. However, through it all, I wiped the dust off my lame 10 year old mountain bike and rode to the beach yesterday. It was a freakin blast. I forgot just how much fun it was to ride. I took my camera with me and took some really nice shots. The last time i rode was 2 years ago, when a bee that was lurking below my seat, decided to sting me on my...gluteal muscles...not the reason i stopped riding...but definitely a sore memory of riding. Anyhow, hope all you monkeys had a great weekend. :love:

Graphics

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
Connecticut
greenchris said:
i got really smashed last night and im trying to put the pieces together right now but everything is sooo cloudy

I think that's the body's way of saying...You don't WANT to know...and best keep it at that. :love:

Graphics

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
Connecticut
greenchris said:
im just trying to find my pants i lost em lsat night. Once i find them ill quit trying to put together last night

why bother...just grab a towel and consider it a gift. :love:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
my weekend was alright...friday after work a few of us met up w/ a guy we used to work with, who moved back to France.

sat i went to my mom's and traffic up 95 was nuts. 10 mile backup at the tolls meant backroads. played basketball w/ the boys after dinner.

sun did a 35 mile road ride (i am definitely loving the IF) and then went to a BBQ @ a friend's house in somerville. good times.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I had a blast this past weekend. Even a three day weekend was too short.

I think I destroyed my front wheel at Pedro's Festival....I crashed on the BMX track and bent the rim and broke three spokes. Stupid wheel. :mad: Splat thinks it might be fixable, but I don't know.

I wonder how Stosh's wedding went....

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Saturday was Pedro's Fest, Sat night went out for a few beers

Sunday did a 67 mile 5500 feet of climbing road ride, 20 plus people, one dude ATTACKED! at mile 50, I went with....after 10 minutes or so I asked why are we going this fast he said "New bike"

That reminded me of when you got new sneaks as a kid, and then would need to break them in by running crazy "fast" around and around the yard

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
douglas said:
Sunday did a 67 mile 5500 feet of climbing road ride, 20 plus people, one dude ATTACKED! at mile 50, I went with....after 10 minutes or so I asked why are we going this fast he said "New bike"
That's funny.

Hey - you have any interest in the Ididaride? I've got a wedding on Long Island that weekend, but if I can get the schedule worked out to be home in time, I'd really like to do it.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Generally a crappy weekend. Got stuck working on the road late friday and couldn't fly home until late Saturday night. I'm still pissed about it. Despite feeling jetlagged and generally crappy I ent for a road ride on my favorite loop and beat my fasted time by almost 30 minutes. 4:44->4:18. Now my legs really hurt today.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
jacksonpt said:
That's funny.

Hey - you have any interest in the Ididaride? I've got a wedding on Long Island that weekend, but if I can get the schedule worked out to be home in time, I'd really like to do it.

McGrp01 is doing it.

I have plans to do a race in PA, but if that doesnt happen I will be doing the ididaride

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Graphics said:
However, through it all, I wiped the dust off my lame 10 year old mountain bike and rode to the beach yesterday. It was a freakin blast. I forgot just how much fun it was to ride.
If you just busted out the mountain bike, what brought you to da :monkey: in the first place? Do you ride road as well? Just curious...

Graphics

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
Connecticut
McGRP01 said:
If you just busted out the mountain bike, what brought you to da :monkey: in the first place? Do you ride road as well? Just curious...
I came to the forum through photography...taking photos of bikers. Sorry.

Graphics

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
Connecticut
SuperKat said:
What beach did you ride to?
Local beach in town...about a half hour ride each way...nothing big. But it was good to get away from everything and everyone and just ride. And i love the beach...and photography...so the 3 blend so nicely together. :love:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Graphics said:
Local beach in town...about a half hour ride each way...nothing big. But it was good to get away from everything and everyone and just ride. And i love the beach...and photography...so the 3 blend so nicely together. :love:
so lets see the beach pics