Quantcast

@)(*&!@)(&* Happy Monday you dorks )@(*!@)(*!@

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
No idea... but probably? It's right next to a Vietnamese bakery that serves up a *mean* banh mi, though.
There's a place that will deliver a legit banh mi in Salvador, oddly enough. Even odder, they won't serve it in-person at the restaurant. I asked if I could order it through UberEats to the table, and they said, "sorry, no outside food."

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I'm kind of getting that urge as well

insanity

Working on my swimming form would be nice. Been years.
I stumbled across one on bookface the other day. I will be in exceptional bike form but will rely on the "it's just 3 miles" and "I swam in high school" to get me through the rest.

While not quite round like a seal, if you can picture chewbacca trying to complete a tri, I'm your huckleberry. Maybe I should buy a speedo

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Work is looking for someone to fill a 6 month temporary assignment in Helena MT. Anyone familiar with the area?
ive enjoyed it the two or three times i have been through there...

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Helena is awesome. Good riding scene, mountains all around. Enough progressives to not feel like it’s Texas. I would do it for the summer. Winter, not so much. (It’s a bit of a haul to any lift skiing, but being in Seattle, not too different)

Last edited:

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Ohhh noooo, supposed to be doing a 150km round trip for work to put something back together, the assembly photos are on my un-backed up phone which decided today is the day that the battery dies.
ASUS phones are shit.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Ohhh noooo, supposed to be doing a 150km round trip for work to put something back together, the assembly photos are on my un-backed up phone which decided today is the day that the battery dies.
ASUS phones are shit.
If the photos are stored on your Micro-SD card you can still get them... if not you're fucked ;)

This guy <= learned the hard way after dropping his 'work' phone / email machine in the hot tub

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
There's a place that will deliver a legit banh mi in Salvador, oddly enough. Even odder, they won't serve it in-person at the restaurant. I asked if I could order it through UberEats to the table, and they said, "sorry, no outside food."
Sounds like some LA hipster type shit, better get Nayib on the blower and warn him not to let Salvador turn into a shithole like LA. They already accept Bitcoin though, so it may be too late

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
ASUS phones are shit.
Can't recharge it? My old S8 that I keep as a backup has an interesting quirk - if I let it discharge, it won't start charging with a cable again, but can be recharged on a wireless charger.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Sounds like some LA hipster type shit, better get Nayib on the blower and warn him not to let Salvador turn into a shithole like LA. They already accept Bitcoin though, so it may be too late
nah, this is just pure bewildering developing-world confusion.

LA already gave Salvador the gift that keeps on giving...MS-13!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I love weird-ass, irrational foreign customs. They're adorable. :D

I'm kind of getting that urge as well

insanity

Working on my swimming form would be nice. Been years.
You do realize that they don't allow e-bikes, right?

Pretttty damn sure an Apex lap isn't in the cards this evening...
You could probably still get away with it... but it might be... extra-moist on Enchanted Forest.

Helena is awesome. Good riding scene, mountains all around. Enough progressives to not feel like it’s Texas. I would do it for the summer. Winter, not so much. (It’s a bit of a haul to any lift skiing, but being in Seattle, not too different)
Whatchoo talkin' 'bout, Willis?

40 minutes and you're there! https://g.page/skigd?share

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Took all day to mount and balance and align the 40’s on the beadlocks but one more step in the right direction, airbags and compressor are up and running. Roof rack is on its way to mount the full size spare and pit bull trailer restraints are on the way for mounting the motos in the bed. Winch plate and lights I can do anytime.

A9755A6A-D3CE-4696-BFBC-383500D64468.jpeg

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Took all day to mount and balance and align the 40’s on the beadlocks but one more step in the right direction, airbags and compressor are up and running. Roof rack is on its way to mount the full size spare and pit bull trailer restraints are on the way for mounting the motos in the bed. Winch plate and lights I can do anytime.

View attachment 175888
Wouldn't it be easier just to get a Humvee? :D

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Can't recharge it? My old S8 that I keep as a backup has an interesting quirk - if I let it discharge, it won't start charging with a cable again, but can be recharged on a wireless charger.
It sits at 80% for most of the night then puts the last 20% in not long before the alarm goes off, some battery saving Doo dad from Google.
I took it off at 80% and two hours later with no use it was dead.
Connected the charger and it sat at 0% for a while and wouldn't power up, reconnected the charger and it charged.

Took my laptop to work and backed it up.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Some Dick's Sporting Goods advert on a DVR recording I'm watching from last August is using Mase - Welcome Back, as the song.

I guessed maybe 2012 that it was released...I checked, it was 2004.

Get off my lawn.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Tannus tubeless insert installed on rear wheel. Tire now has a funky wobble, so I’ll need to deal with that tomorrow before I ride. But it does seem like a good insert, assuming I installated correctly and can get that wobble out.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
It was kind of a pain in the ass. The tire was already in the rim, so I took one tire bead off the rim and shoved the Tannus in there. I managed to get one Tannus bead all the way inserted, and from what I could tell it was smashed properly against the correct rim bead. All of that was mostly fine, a little tough. Would have been easier if there wasn’t already sealant in there, probably better to do with a fresh tire install. Anycrap, getting the second bead of the Tannus into/on the rim was a total nightmare, it just wouldn’t go and wouldn’t stay put. I wrestled with it for a while and gave up, opting to shove both the Tannus and tire beads onto the rim at the same time. This also wasn’t easy, but once I got a bit of a groove it did finally go. After all this nonsense I watched the install video and they suggest installing the Tannus onto a rim by itself and leaving it for a day, to help form it into the shape it needs to be and get rid of the flatness and kinks from being in a box. I think that would have help tremendously. I’m not sure it’s in there straight and centered, since the tire has a wobble. My plan today is to let some air out of the tire and try to work it by hand to get it centered. I might also pedal around the block with slightly low PSI to see if that won’t “naturally” help work the insert into balance.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

View attachment 175888
"birth of a brodozer"

:busted: