Quantcast

Happy National Hot Dog Day

Blown240

Monkey
Nov 19, 2013
I just had 2 Hebrew Nationals, haven't had a hot dog in a year, but for some reason i felt like having some. Then came on here and saw what day it is. Coincidence????

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
A good hot dog is arguably nature's perfect creation. People out here don't get that. It's sad, really.
Vienna beef dog, mustard, tomato slice, pickle, celery salt and a hand full of fries on top. Boosh.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
A good hot dog is arguably nature's perfect creation. People out here don't get that. It's sad, really.
Vienna beef dog, mustard, tomato slice, pickle, celery salt and a hand full of fries on top. Boosh.
The mustard is key. I am a fan of good old fashions French's Yellow. Tried the Heinz stuff, it just doesn't work.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I agree, mustard is key.

Though, I have been enjoying whole grain mustard as of late.

I'm one of those people that have 4-5 types of mustard...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I agree, mustard is key.

Though, I have been enjoying whole grain mustard as of late.

I'm one of those people that have 4-5 types of mustard...
Yeah I have a bunch of different types too. On a hotdog or turkey sammich, good old yellow is damn good.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
The mustard is key
For sure; yellow mustard on dogs, and just as key is the celery salt.

So when I was a kid all the hot dog stands in Cicero would just put the dogs on a piece of wax paper and dump a big scoop of french fries on top, then wrap 'em up. No extra bags/boxes. So, there were always fries stuck on the dog and now a hot dog without them just seems incomplete.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Yellow mustard is the wurst!
Seeing as how this is a national Hotdog day thread, your post has been corrected to include a hotdog pun, shame on you for failing to include said pun in the first place.

You are also wrong given the subject matter of this thread, on a hotdog French's yellow is the second most superior mustard, Nathan's Coney Island being the most Superior.

Squirt of mustard, grilled or raw onions (dealer's choice) slices tomatoes, celery salt, and 2 good dill pickle spears, one on the dog, the other on the side, that is a glorious wiener to dine upon. For an even more glorious experience, find good hotdogs with matural casings, and consume with beer.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Seeing as how this is a national Hotdog day thread, your post has been corrected to include a hotdog pun, shame on you for failing to include said pun in the first place.

You are also wrong given the subject matter of this thread, on a hotdog French's yellow is the second most superior mustard, Nathan's Coney Island being the most Superior.

Squirt of mustard, grilled or raw onions (dealer's choice) slices tomatoes, celery salt, and 2 good dill pickle spears, one on the dog, the other on the side, that is a glorious wiener to dine upon. For an even more glorious experience, find good hotdogs with matural casings, and consume with beer.
I get the frog legs at Nathans... Best I have ever had...