Quantcast

***Happy New Year GMT***

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Stayed up to listen to the locals chuck miniature bombs out of their cars. It was a real thrill.

Went for a walk, checked out the fancy Radisson Blu hotel today. Drinking a g&t and watching a special about Dynamo the magician.

Also looking at the Turner 5spot as an alternative to an SB66.

Is it just me or is the 5spot EXACTLY the same as an Iron Horse MKIII?

I currently ride and love my MKIII... This is not productive thinking...

Happy new year. I guess.

Last edited:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good morning and Happy New Year.
(made it until 11 to talk to somebody in central time zone)

Up having coffee, thinking about skiing but it is COLD up there this morning.

DaPeach: I ride a 5spot and love it. Why did you sour on the SB66 ?

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I wouldn't say I soured on the SB66, I've just been doing too much reading... Bad bearings on early models, grit eating the switch link, etc...

Plus, it seems Turner is selling off their old 5spots for cheap.

Deals always pique my interest...

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
Moring monkeys , new years day ride I was going to ride on got cancelled , so that's the suck . I think I'm going to go see the hobbit today , anybody have a review about it ? Well have a good one monkeys !

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Happy New Year! We barely made it to midnight in our house and thankfully Alex slept in a little for mommy this morning too. My mom spent the night and I wanted to spoil her so I put together a french toast bake last night and she woke up to the glorious smell of coffee and french toast bake to start her new year! Now I am fixing a ham, scalloped potatoes, a spinach salad and some other goodies for lunch/dinner. The kids are all gearing up for some sledding too...should be a great day!

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
What up, hoss!? Went for a two hour snowshoe hike this morning with wife and friends. Now I am tired and sleepy. Grilling some salmon for dinner. Back to work tomorrow after a four day weekend. BOOOOOO!

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good afternoon.

Skied all day, including some big honkin' steep bump runs on which I did not flail nor die. :rockout:

Almost stopped for smoked wings and a beer but came home instead. I've devoured every snack-like item in my kitchen but I'm still hungry. Hot shower and dinner ahead, stat.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hola, all. Flew back home along with all manner of other weary travelers. Back to the work grind tomorrow, but thankfully short days from here through June!