Quantcast

~~~Happy NY eve morning~~~

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Overnight it dumped about 9 inches but its the heavy stuff, and 12-18 at the mtns - woo hoo!

yesterday I finially got out on my snow shoes (bought them last year)

mudgirl

Molester of monkeys
Jun 8, 2007
Tied up in the basement
Nice photos! I guess I need to get new batteries for my camera. The last couple times I've taken the camera out, the batteries have died after like 10 photos, even after I took the batteries out and put them in an inner pocket to keep them warm. Either that or rechargable lithiums just absolutely suck in cold weather. :disgust1:

I've been out snowshoeing several times this winter already. We got about 4-6" of snow last night, so I'm going xc skiing this afternoon.

I'm sitting at home drinking coffee, pondering ways to enjoy my last two days of vacation.

Today: Hammond Hill or Shindagin Hollow?

Tomorrow: Snowshoe, xc ski, or hike the Abbott Loop?

Decisions..... decisions.....

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Nice photos! I guess I need to get new batteries for my camera. The last couple times I've taken the camera out, the batteries have died after like 10 photos, even after I took the batteries out and put them in an inner pocket to keep them warm. Either that or rechargable lithiums just absolutely suck in cold weather. :disgust1:

I've been out snowshoeing several times this winter already. We got about 4-6" of snow last night, so I'm going xc skiing this afternoon.
thanks (ps: my new friend amanda took the pics), and yeah I often have the same issue w/Lithiums espicially w/my older digi camera

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
morning !

Nice pictures Douglas. I was up in Littleton N.H. over the past few days and it looked just like your pics.

Here is to one crappy year being over, and a much better year ahead.
Even when I take time to reflect on all the good things in my life, give thanks, yadda, '07 sucked like none other.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Auld Lang Syne or whatever the hell that name of that song is! Weather in SE Pa has been rainy/sleety/snowy/slushy ever 12-14 hours for the past week. Won't freeze hard enough to make the trails rideable so it's been working on bikes and wishing we could ride. Here's to 07 out and hoping for a bright and safe 08!!

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning all! Hope you all have a fun and SAFE NYE! :) Hectic past week for me, the holidays aside. After a week of emails and number crunching, it appears I'll be racing for Sinister Bikes in 2008 and not Chumba as originally planned. Some deals are just too good to pass up! I got my R9 frame w/ DHX5.0 yesterday and already slapped the new Travis on it! Build pics to follow!!! :thumb:

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

I love the pics, douglas......looks like fun!!

Just dropped Colin off at daycare, and Justine is off to work---I've been on vacation since the 22nd, and have loved every second of it!!! My arms are super sore today--a result of a marathon building operation at Nice Guy Mikes over the weekend. We had a huge number of people show up ready to sling some dirt....got several landers reworked, and I built a new launch out of cedar into a new line that is some of my finest work to date.

Today is going to be pretty loose.....no plans at all. Gotta take some trash out, but that's about the extent that I plan on taking my physical activity to......I should stretch first so I don't strain something. Justine and I have reservations to the Chop House tonight for dinner....looking forward to that indeed.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Doug, those pics from Spier Falls?

Tigg, I was almost gonna rib you about Sinister, but then I held back! :busted: You now need to join up the Sinister Forum to continue the madness!

Yo all, had an interesting 5 day vacation in Long Island - did the whole family thing, 1st Christmas with Ewan, etc. (this is more about his relatives than him!). Got a chance to ride 3 out of 5 days there....1st day nearly killed me, as I haven't been on a MTB (or done anything aerobic for that matter) since the day after Thanksgiving with Tigg and Johnnyru. I hacked for the next day and a half.

Dusted off the Sinister R9 (cough cough, Tigg!) yesterday and did some freeriding on the fine concrete prior to the snow...trying to remember how to ride as Team Elevate is going to do the Gore Mountain Snow DS this upcoming Saturday 1/5/08: http://www.goremountain.com/mountain/moreinfo.cfm?id=95

I'm debating whether to be "into it" and change over to Wet Screams or be a lazy slob and leave the old tires on....I'm heading towards lazy slob myself!

Tonight: getting a bunch of beer from the Albany Pump Station, eating a lot, then watching American Hardcore and Earthed 5 with the family!

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
good morning and Happy New Years Eve Day. 45 and sunny means going riding today instead of riding in tomorrows terrible forecast ...
Hope everyone has a great New Year.. and be careful tonight!!

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
no snow here... should be another low 60 degree winter day here...

I did go to the office for an hour then, when I saw no one around, gave myself the rest of the day off.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
65° and sunny at the start of the ride yesterday. Trails were perfect.

Family day today.

Tomorrow I may ride, but a high of 43° might persuade me to stay inside.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
65° and sunny at the start of the ride yesterday. Trails were perfect.

Family day today.

Tomorrow I may ride, but a high of 43° might persuade me to stay inside.
We have a New Years Day Predictions Ride planned for tomorrow...

It's kind of a time trail but you get to pick the time you will finish in and the person who guesses the closest wins.

Of course no timing devices are allowed on the riders etc

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

Sitting in the office trying to look busy. I've fininshed everything I'm supposed to do today.

Spent 6 hours in the truck yeaterday for a 4 hour ride, made for a long day, but I was on a bike I didn't own, and any time on a bike is good time.

Plans for tonight are Chinese food, and maybe stay up to see the ball drop, but I doubt it.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all! Hope you all have a fun and SAFE NYE! :) Hectic past week for me, the holidays aside. After a week of emails and number crunching, it appears I'll be racing for Sinister Bikes in 2008 and not Chumba as originally planned. Some deals are just too good to pass up! I got my R9 frame w/ DHX5.0 yesterday and already slapped the new Travis on it! Build pics to follow!!! :thumb:
Congratulations! The R9 will suit you well and maybe you'll get a Mustang for me to ride too ;)

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all. Still on vacation, but I am home now and back online. Spent a few days with the inlaws and then we hit our snowmobile camp for some 2-stroke love. My new sled is SO fast and smooth!!! Today we're doing the post-christmas clean-up, a spin and then we'll start drinking. My family's coming over here tonight for NYE so that will be fun.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
This sounded like a hell of a party...
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071231/ap_on_re_us/robert_frost_site_vandals
"The intruders broke a window to get into the two-story wood frame building — a furnished residence open in the summer — before destroying tables and chairs, pictures, windows, light fixtures and dishes. Wicker furniture and dressers were smashed and thrown into a fireplace and burned, apparently to provide heat in the unheated building, he said.

Empty beer bottles and cans, plastic cups and cellophane apparently used to hold marijuana were also found, according to Hodsden. The vandals vomited in the living room and discharged two fire extinguishers inside the building, located on a dead-end road off Route 125."

I wonder how many years I've cut my life short breathing trapped beerfart foam fumes at such parties. I was invited to one tonight on a farm where everyone is supposed to bring their Christmas Tree to be used in a giant communal bonfire. Tinsel and garland fumes can't be good. :biggrin:

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Oh, and my NYE will consist of a Wii Bowling tournement against my brother-in-law and his wife who will also be sitting home getting drunk. :disgust1:

dirttastesgood

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2006
CT
I refused to go to nyc with my girlfriends family because I hate her brother and the cold. I now realize that was a dumb move.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
good morning, west coast monkies (and afternoon to the east coasters)!

our mountains also got a dumping yesterday. the one i went to, Stevens Pass, got 14" over the last 24", 10" the 24h prior to that, and 57" over the week. the real miracle was that it was pretty light, not the typical cascade concrete! mmmm powder. :)

today's the usual for nye: friends, alcohol, food. nothing too exciting.