Quantcast

Happy St. Patricks Day

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
rpk1988 said:
For the holiday it is mandatory that you watch the Boondock Saints. Haha. Awesome.
Celebrate by watching a crappy movie? Pass.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
rpk1988 said:
For the holiday it is mandatory that you watch the Boondock Saints. Haha. Awesome.
ha awesome movie!!!

work work work today.. but tonight i will be drinking with the Irish!!!!!
everyone have a great one and a safe one

I am going to listen to House of Pain all day to get ready

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Happy St. Patrick's Day y'all!

have a couple o pints of the black stuff...

Have one with me...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I hope to be off work by 2:00 and drunk by 3:00. Terminator Stout from me!!!

Terminator Stout:
Black as the darkest night, rich as the most decadent dessert, Terminator is for the true stout lover. This is a full bodied and flavor packed ale which draws it's robust complexity from kiln-baked specialty grains. Look for a wide array of toasted, chocolate, nutty and coffee-like flavors in every pint! The devoted swear by it, and it remains one of our top selling ales year after year.

Alcohol by Weight: 5.1%

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
kinghami3 said:
This is the first St. Patty's day where I've been old enough to go into bars. This will be fun.
Sadly, there are no Irish Pubs in Pasadena. :(

There's a couple of English Pubs and one faux irish pub that sucks ass. I'll be drinking at home tonight.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
uhh guiness is horrible and overplayed and dont give me that crap about having at a real irish pub in ireland served warm. i dont care guiness is still the redneck go to for anything remotely dark. overplayed over marketed big bucket crap.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
biggins said:
uhh guiness is horrible and overplayed and dont give me that crap about having at a real irish pub in ireland served warm.
how many warm pints of guinness have you had in ireland?

i drank a LOT of guinness in a lot of different pubs all over ireland, and never had a warm one once.

i guess i was lucky?

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
narlus said:
how many warm pints of guinness have you had in ireland?

i drank a LOT of guinness in a lot of different pubs all over ireland, and never had a warm one once.

i guess i was lucky?
i havent it was just me wrapping all the responses i hear when i tell people i hate guiness because it tastes like brnt piss. "oh thats cause you have never had one......(insert lame way to have crappy beer thats supposed to make it taste better)"

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Saying Guiness is "played" is silly, it's been around forever and goes in and out of fashion but if you like it you pretty much always will. That's like saying Macallan is played.

Jumping on a bandwagon or saying you like something because it's supposed to be cool, now those are played. So is saying something is crap just because you don't like it.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
OGRipper said:
Saying Guiness is "played" is silly, it's been around forever and goes in and out of fashion but if you like it you pretty much always will. That's like saying Macallan is played.

Jumping on a bandwagon or saying you like something because it's supposed to be cool, now those are played. So is saying something is crap just because you don't like it.
played or not i may be but i still think that particular beer sucks.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I don't like Guiness or any other stouts for that matter. They all taste like worcestershire sauce to me. Give me a good red or a nut brown and I'm happy.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
i wasnt saying guiness lovers suck. just their beer. sorry you took it that way.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Silly Biggins. Don't be afraid of the dark.

Hey, some people just don't like Guinness. That's OK... The good Lord just didn't endow you with the highly advanced taste buds that stout lovers have.

And despite what people think, if you go to Ireland they do not serve it warm, or at room temp. I haven't drank as many as Narlus has but I made a particular effort to have as many pints in as many different pubs in Ireland as my time would allow. Not once did I have a warm beer. Not even at the Guinness Storehouse, and of all places to have a Guinness, I think the Storehouse does it about the best. Although I will say that yes, it tastes better in Ireland.

There are many stouts out there aside from Guinness. I just love Guinness the most. :love: :love: :love:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Ciaran said:
Silly Biggins. Don't be afraid of the dark.

Hey, some people just don't like Guinness. That's OK... The good Lord just didn't endow you with the highly advanced taste buds that stout lovers have.

And despite what people think, if you go to Ireland they do not serve it warm, or at room temp. I haven't drank as many as Narlus has but I made a particular effort to have as many pints in as many different pubs in Ireland as my time would allow. Not once did I have a warm beer. Not even at the Guinness Storehouse, and of all places to have a Guinness, I think the Storehouse does it about the best. Although I will say that yes, it tastes better in Ireland.

There are many stouts out there aside from Guinness. I just love Guinness the most. :love: :love: :love:

i am a huge stout fan. i am basing my opinion on the loads of different stouts i have drank in my life. the warm thing was just me being sarcastic and exagerating.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
jdschall said:
I don't like Guiness or any other stouts for that matter. They all taste like worcestershire sauce to me. Give me a good red or a nut brown and I'm happy.
I was never a fan of dark beer until I moved to Oregon. I had a Black Butte Porter and haven't looked back. There is a small shop in Forest Grove that makes "Cole Porter" and it rocks as well. The only stout I drink on a regular basis is Terminator. But then just about any beer served at McMenamins is worth drinking.

I will be at the Grand Lodge for todays drunk fest:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
biggins said:
i am a huge stout fan. i am basing my opinion on the loads of different stouts i have drank in my life. the warm thing was just me being sarcastic and exagerating.
well it doesn't speak too highly of yr beer knowledge to get that (something an english cask ale would be served like) confused w/ how a guinness is served.

maybe you should head over to the PBR thread.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Corned beef is cookin, I am drinkin Guinness and we're havin the smokin o' da green.

Life is good. :thumb: