Quantcast

~~ Happy TGIF ~~

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin All.

It's after 9am here on the east coast and no sign of Stosh, so...

What's everyone up to today? Any big plans for the weekend? A quiet night on tap tonight, tomorrow I'll watch the Devils finish off the pathetic Rangers, and Sunday is going to be spent building a new trail near my house.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Yo Jackson. Weather is supposed to be awesome this weekend. Tonight is band camp, then tomorrow and Sunday will most likely involve road rides :cool:

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I rode alot yesterday. I have 2 finals today and after school Im just going to drink beer. Then Im going to ride tomorrow if its not raining mules and donkeys.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
I'm still a little annoyed that I won't be able to ride untill I get a new seatpost shim that I somehow messed up yesterday. I hate messing things up and having no idea how I did it. The playoff 'beard' is still going strong, even though it is more of a scraggly itchy mess. Other than that not much to report.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
GumbaFish said:
The playoff 'beard' is still going strong, even though it is more of a scraggly itchy mess.
That's awesome! I had to shave this morning as I have a meeting with some fairly high-level people today that I've never met. Not sure how they'd react to a playoff beard.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
GumbaFish said:
I'm still a little annoyed that I won't be able to ride untill I get a new seatpost shim that I somehow messed up yesterday. I hate messing things up and having no idea how I did it. The playoff 'beard' is still going strong, even though it is more of a scraggly itchy mess. Other than that not much to report.
dude. you can make a seatpost shim easy. Just get a beer can and cut out rectangles approx 1" tall, and the length of the circumference of you seatpost. Then just keep adding them til its tight. It will work well enough that you can ride for sure.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Echo said:
Yo Jackson. Weather is supposed to be awesome this weekend. Tonight is band camp, then tomorrow and Sunday will most likely involve road rides :cool:
Yea, the outlook does look good. I'm riding at lunch today, then will probably ride the new trail a few times on Sunday to test out our work. I've eyeballed it the last few times I've been out there and it looks like it's going to be pretty sweet. A couple of switchbacks up a steep hill, a nice flowy section along a ridge... good stuff indeed.

I'd imagine the road is easier on your wrist, no?

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
I really wish I could shave lol. Yeah I just don't have the genes for it, my dad can't even grow a real beard. And since it grows in so slow it is at that slightly long awkward itchy stage like 4 times as long as normal.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
GumbaFish said:
I really wish I could shave lol. Yeah I just don't have the genes for it, my dad can't even grow a real beard. And since it grows in so slow it is at that slightly long awkward itchy stage like 4 times as long as normal.
lol - that itchy stage sucks. And I only have to deal with it for about 3 hours (yea, mine grows that fast).

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
BurlyShirley said:
dude. you can make a seatpost shim easy. Just get a beer can and cut out rectangles approx 1" tall, and the length of the circumference of you seatpost. Then just keep adding them til its tight. It will work well enough that you can ride for sure.
That involves not only fixing my bike but drinking beer. Brilliant!