Quantcast

Happy Tourture Tuesday to you from the future*.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DAMMIT.

now i want...whatever that is.
adjust amounts/spice/etc. to taste.
use the leftover pickling juice from whatever you have to hand for different flavors. pickled italioan hot peppers are particulary excellent for this.

do a korean style fried chicken, a soy sauce/rice wine vineagar coleslaw (or use kimchi from whatever source) and quick pickle some thinly sliced zucchini - be sure to use some sesame oil there. put on bun. enjoy. any leftovers are awesome the next day with eggs, rice, or noodles. or pretty much anything.

Last edited:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Wow. Well, my day got off to a crappy start, but what a day. One of my favorite rides, followed by my favorite artist/band. (Jason Isbell). I'm a lucky guy, but there were some karmic costs involved...

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Elotes potato salad, salt and garlic asparagus,turkey/ostrich blend burgers, fresh pico de gallo, avocado, provolone and mozzarella.

20220503_173754.jpg

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
it's a book! or it's gonna be....well, the images are laid out. every sheet of paper-all196 of them-is an image that needs to be ordered between now and snowshoe departure in 3 weeks. with a trip to ny in between. plus other normal work stuff. hrrrrrrmf.
1651630957976.jpeg

Last edited:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Went to John Deere for an air filter, discovered I had 3 filters to choose from. Guy behind counter said I hate to see you leave empty handed and placed a 20lb sack of asparagus in my hand.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
the place you go doesn't do camps? you should suggest it. one of the local places (victory lane) does (kiddo went for a week last summer), the other (k1) doesn't appear to. do you go to the k1 out there? haven't been to the one here, as it's a bit farther away from us.
K1 is our local one.

You can't be that far from Dem Sprangs...
Hmm... Interesting

Get her a sponsorship.
That's some comedy gold right there, Newton.

Oh yeah, she won tonight.
PXL_20220504_021916458.jpg

First podium. First place.

Qualified first. Took the hole shot. Opened up a 3 kart gap within 2 laps and that was it. Apparently the kid in 2nd races outdoor karts and wins nationals. He was not super happy about losing. To quote Haley "this is one of the greatest moments of my life".

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Didn't ride this afternoon. Hand tilled a small garden with my Rogue Hoe and was reminded that I have indeed turned into a T-rex as my puny arms struggled. Haven't been doing much trail maintenance since I started training to thru hike the AT. My legs are freakin ridiculous though.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Scary part is I did today so far on just 2 coffee's, 1 energy gel I found in the bag I hauled stuff up in and 1 glass of water.
Haven't eaten since last night, I need to go find some f*cking food stat!!!!!

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Scary part is I did today so far on just 2 coffee's, 1 energy gel I found in the bag I hauled stuff up in and 1 glass of water.
Haven't eaten since last night, I need to go find some f*cking food stat!!!!!
Is this a shed or something?

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Anyone have one of these cable doohickies they could slap in an envelope and send to canukistan?

I use the "twist ties" that i pilfer from dead coffee bags for cable management. They're black and flat and using a few in a row work nicely and even look half decent. See if you can find the right kind of coffee bag...

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
once kids are older and i can start traveling again, that and gorge are on my list
I saw DMB at the Gorge. Briefly envied modern day trustafarians, traveling about in their Eurovan Campers and just smoking weed.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
and y'all make fun of me for seeing phish
I don't make fun of Phish. Admittedly, I haven't ever listened to a whole Phish song, so they might be horrible?

but as for now I have no opinions

:D

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
and y'all make fun of me for seeing phish
Oh, don't worry... I'm going to mercilessly heckle BOTH of you now. :D

I don't make fun of Phish. Admittedly, I haven't ever listened to a whole Phish song, so they might be horrible?

but as for now I have no opinions
Maintain that - they are NOT even worth discovering how shit they are.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
I saw DMB at the Gorge. Briefly envied modern day trustafarians, traveling about in their Eurovan Campers and just smoking weed.
We went to the Rainbow Gathering [Welcome home!] near Bloody Dick Peak* when we first moved to MT in 2000.

I was shocked at the number of /////fancy cars [read: BMWs] and /////camper vans in the lot, but you have to be rich [or poor] to dedicate your life to the traveling hippy lifestyle...

Side note: the Hare Krishna's had the best food and more importantly the best handwashing station

1651685382951.png