Quantcast

~~HappytHumpday Morning!!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

I didn't do to much last night besides re-organize my tool cabinet and watch a movie. We watched Flight of The Pheonix which wasn't to bad if you are good at suspending your disbelief. I would probably give it a 6.5 out of 10 because it was able to hold my attention and it had an interesting story.

Hope ya all have a great day!!

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Last night's drive home might not have been the worst ever, but it was in the top five. Holy crap. I don't think the highways were plowed at all, so there was probably 4-5 inches of snow on the roads. Combine that with rush hour traffic and it's NOT FUN. Took me friggin two hours to get home.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i was gonna hit the gym, but forgot that i needed to get my eyes dilated for an eye check. by the time i got out, the snow and wind was blowing like crazy, so i just drove home. i think that was the right decision.

watched the rest of the _blind eye sees all_ DVD. the buttholes ruled the planet at one time.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
Last night's drive home might not have been the worst ever, but it was in the top five. Holy crap. I don't think the highways were plowed at all, so there was probably 4-5 inches of snow on the roads. Combine that with rush hour traffic and it's NOT FUN. Took me friggin two hours to get home.
I left early to avoid the rush hour traffic. Funny thing is I actually drove OUT of the storm but it was still bad.

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
I went to the gym after work last night and literally had the place to myself. It is nice to have a gym in the office building that nobody seems to know about. Then home for Spaghetti and meatballs, and QT with the wife and kids. My trainer and new drivetrain parts shold arrive at the office this morning.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Yossarian said:
I went to the gym after work last night and literally had the place to myself. It is nice to have a gym in the office building that nobody seems to know about. Then home for Spaghetti and meatballs, and QT with the wife and kids. My trainer and new drivetrain parts shold arrive at the office this morning.
what kind of drivetrain parts did you get?

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
new cassette and chain. I think I am going to get the rings replaced on warranty. I read something about the wrong chainrings on '01 GF sugars and they should be replaced by my local. I need to give them a call.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Yossarian said:
new cassette and chain. I think I am going to get the rings replaced on warranty. I read something about the wrong chainrings on '01 GF sugars and they should be replaced by my local. I need to give them a call.
Are the Bontrager?

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Yossarian said:
You have original chainrings on a 2001 Sugar???!!

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Went on a nice ride last night. Finally getting some of my wind back after that bout with the flu.

[rant] I'll be glad when the f'in race is over with this weekend. There have been freaking red arrows every 50 feet for the past month and last night they had put up ribbon and logs across trails. Really sucks when you are out night riding and not expecting trails to be blocked. Am I just a grump? It is a public park and the trails are bi-directional and multi-use. [/rant]

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning Yo - last night's drive home sucked arse - took forever - this winter has totally sucked in my opinion - I'm ready for spring!

I got some Maxxis Tubeless tires in the mail last night - but I'm not sure they'll work on any of my current wheels as the rim strips are made for specific brands of rims. Most likely IAB will be the beneficiary of this error on my part and if someone runs Sun Rhynolites an wants to run tubeless on the cheap (say $10 or so) let me know as I have another set that have rim strips specific to Rhyno lites.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
w00t, second to last week of dart league tonight. We're in first place, but we have two tough matches left, and the 2 teams behind us are playing much easier opponents for the last 2 weeks. Gotta kick some ass!

Jul 28, 2003
Eat, ME
I Are Baboon said:
Ah! The spring sure comes early in the deep south, eh?

The Cheese

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
yup, the roads here were super crappy yesterday......with the addition of 1 errand, my commute took for ever!

I did suck it up & went to the gym last night, for a little while I was the only person their (besides the 2 staff members)

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
MMcG said:
I got some Maxxis Tubeless tires in the mail last night - but I'm not sure they'll work on any of my current wheels as the rim strips are made for specific brands of rims. Most likely IAB will be the beneficiary of this error on my part and if someone runs Sun Rhynolites an wants to run tubeless on the cheap (say $10 or so) let me know as I have another set that have rim strips specific to Rhyno lites.
Will maxxis not let you send the strips back for the right ones?

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Yes they are Bontragers and they have the appropriate "V3" stamp on them per the GF website.

And, yes, I have the original rings on an '01. I got the bike the same day my first child was born and in that time I have had another child and 2 new jobs. Riding has been a minor part of my life for the last 4 years.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Yossarian said:
Yes they are Bontragers and they have the appropriate "V3" stamp on them per the GF website.

And, yes, I have the original rings on an '01. I got the bike the same day my first child was born and in that time I have had another child and 2 new jobs. Riding has been a minor part of my life for the last 4 years.
When I got my 01 trek 8000 with bontrager crankset I replaced the rings in the first season. I was always having problems shifting.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
oh yeah, my gym is pretty cool - its not a meathead place, females way out number the guys, and everyone always looks like they know what they are doing..........BUT last night

the dude next to me on an oliptical was going like a madman, I looked over and he was at a cadence of 275!? me, I was at 160-170.........my needs would explode at 275!
so when he fifnishes I look over and his total calories for 30 min was 470, when I hit 30 mine was at 510.........the dude must have had his resistance at 1, which is kinda like running full speed down hill with a 30mph tail wind... :eek: ...I so wanted to ask or suggest why dont you up the resistance but I didnt

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Morning :stosh: My classes got canceled today, so I have some extra time to get ready for tomorrow when I leave for spring break.

Also I haven't suffered shifting problems since going singlespeed.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning! Commute home was annoying last night...people don't seem to know how to drive when there's a little snow on the roads :rolleyes: Long day today and tomorrow I think I have a half day (it's on the calendar, but I have to see if I am interested in any of the meetings or will be taking the half day to get my stuff ready for Rays MTB Park this weekend).

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
Morning! Commute home was annoying last night...people don't seem to know how to drive when there's a little snow on the roads :rolleyes: Long day today and tomorrow I think I have a half day (it's on the calendar, but I have to see if I am interested in any of the meetings or will be taking the half day to get my stuff ready for Rays MTB Park this weekend).
wow you're driving out there? Take lots of pics!!!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Wumpus said:
Will maxxis not let you send the strips back for the right ones?

I could try but it might cost me more to send them back than what I paid for them.

This was part of their blowout sale - 2 rim strips and two Maxxis Hardrive tubeless tires for $10.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
MMcG said:
I could try but it might cost me more to send them back than what I paid for them.

This was part of their blowout sale - 2 rim strips and two Maxxis Hardrive tubeless tires for $10.

You could always just run them with tubes.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
stosh said:
wow you're driving out there? Take lots of pics!!!
Hells Ya! Actually, I am driving out to Echo's house on Friday and then he's driving the rest of the way so I can get drunk :devil:

And yes, there will be MANY pics (I may have to ask for a little extra room in my gallery for some)!

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
douglas said:
the dude next to me on an oliptical was going like a madman, I looked over and he was at a cadence of 275!? me, I was at 160-170.........my needs would explode at 275!
so when he fifnishes I look over and his total calories for 30 min was 470, when I hit 30 mine was at 510.........the dude must have had his resistance at 1, which is kinda like running full speed down hill with a 30mph tail wind... :eek: ...I so wanted to ask or suggest why dont you up the resistance but I didnt
Hahaha....there are people at my gym that do that too....I just kinda laugh. There was some guy next to me this morning with the worse breath ever :dead: :dead: What the hell did he eat for dinner?? I tried not to breath that much, but when your working out, I guess it's kind important :(

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
MMcG said:
Morning Yo - last night's drive home sucked arse - took forever - this winter has totally sucked in my opinion - I'm ready for spring!

Which model did your order, Mark?
I'm still wiating on mine.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Mackie said:
Which model did your order, Mark?
I'm still wiating on mine.

I ordered one set of each Mackie - Maxxis should do a better job of labelling their web site as to what the rims fit the particular model numbers - they list this on their boxes but not on the web site

so the A3 ones are for Rhynolites I believe and the 26Aones are for Mavic 221s or 223s.

you'll be impressed with the packaging though - that's for sure.

I know that psycle_on was able to use one of his set on rims that weren't specific to the model number so they could still work with different rims - may need to experiment with the Rhyno-lite specific ones.

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
MMcG said:
I ordered one set of each Mackie - Maxxis should do a better job of labelling their web site as to what the rims fit the particular model numbers - they list this on their boxes but not on the web site

so the A3 ones are for Rhynolites I believe and the 26Aones are for Mavic 221s or 223s.

you'll be impressed with the packaging though - that's for sure.

I know that psycle_on was able to use one of his set on rims that weren't specific to the model number so they could still work with different rims - may need to experiment with the Rhyno-lite specific ones.
You were right about the packaging! Mine just showed up.
Good thing I have a set of Rhynos somewhere.......

The Maxxis site did suck as far as the descriptions went.

I'll play with this whole tubeless thing this summer.
So should these strips work with any UST tire, or just the Maxxis stuff?