Quantcast

Hard shell camera cases for biking??

Jan 24, 2004
Duthie
Just got a new Digital Camera for X-mas and don't want to smash it like my last one (sliding on my back down the joyride slab). I've been looking around but havn't found a good fit. The camera is super small (cassette case size). Let me know.

patineto

The RM Mad Scientist
Feb 19, 2002
berkeley, ca
RITFreeRider said:
These are the best cases I've found http://www.pelican.com/ . I've taken them climbing, rafting, riding and have gone through lots of abuse. They've never leaked or damaged anything that was put inside them.
I buy a bunch of Pelican cases for my Motorcycle reseach projects, so far this is the cheapest place (30%-40% less) Pelican4less plus they are really fast and profesional, you can get them with "Cut out" foams (in little squares) or empty and make your own liners..

also lowepro makes exelent soft bags for camare equipment

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
went to Fry's today to see if there was anything that compared to the case i whipped up for my King hub tool. came across Pelican cases. god damn those things are nice. unconditional lifetime guarantee, water tight to 30', stout. patineto, how have your's been holding up? i'm looking at picking up the 1200.

sneakysnake

Monkey
Apr 2, 2006
NC
i third or fourth the pelican vote, i got mine a few months ago and the first thing i did when i got it home was fill up the sink and see if was really waterproof. it is. and it protects your camera/phone/whatever amazingly

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i have a pelican case for my sony t7 (smallest camera on the market) and it works wonderfully. however it about quadruples the volume it takes up in a pack, but its soooooooo worth it.

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
Underwater Kenetics is another brand to look at, they are similar to pelican in just about every way, including price but they may have a size that works out better for you.