Quantcast

hard tail dj bike-opinions please

*B*

Chimp
Apr 13, 2007
Texas
I have the choice between a 07 giant stp and a 07 kona stuff for the same price.....I'm also thinking about stepping up to the cowan. Any thoughts on these bikes, pros/cons, likes/dislikes. This is a 1000-1500 range so any suggestions on these or other bikes is much appreciated! I know it's best to ride before you buy but I live in dallas and nobody carries these bikes (special order only/retail:disgust: ). All are appreciated!

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
The Specialized P. Series bikes are nice, and so are the STPs. I'm not a big Kona fan, they're not bad bikes or anything, they just aren't my favorite.

Maybe look at building a frame like an Evil DOC or Azonic Steelhead?

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
i'd say building something would be a great choice. if you are stuck on getting a geared rig, i think that a specialized p.2 crmo might be good, but if you want single speed, see about getting a transition top with stock kit. of your choices, i'd say giant for the frame, but kona seems to have a little bit nicer parts pick, particularly on the cowan.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Konas are really tall, the Giant is lighter, I think Konas are ugly, etc.

Check out the STP frame-only, it's like 3 bills for a nice frame.

*B*

Chimp
Apr 13, 2007
Texas
Thanks to all for the info......hope to hear from more of you! I checked out Transition, sick! Can you get a t-o-p geared (8 or 9spd)?

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
check out the eastern night train. or, if you wish, take a look at the sled in my sig.

I'm not the biggest kona fan either... feels so long.