Quantcast

****Hardcore Sunderping GMT****

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Oh a sausage party!
Better than your one-man cocktail weiner parties no doubt

Ride this morning was thuper awesome, aside from @StiHacka ass-ploding his BB early on. We'll have to have a redo ride when your bike is back together.

Good group of dudes, mint weather and trail conditions. Cleared some shit I have wanted to and either couldn't/didn't try before. One eludes me....

Fork ordered through buddies shop after ride. Le excite.

Charcoal cannister/vent valve successfully replaced. Actuator test yields a nice click sound off/on. Original one initially made a buzzing sound when tested early on during troubleshooting (thought this was normal), then eventually no noise at all. Promising start....been chasing this for almost a year.

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Afternoon Monkeys.

Finally home and the FIL's mess is basically done. Lots of legal crap still, but the bulk is done. It really puts shit into perspective when you see stuff like this.

Last night we opened more random boxes still factory sealed. One was an extensive Rich Dad, Poor Dad box set. That was the one scam I had not run across in this pile yet. So he had actually invested in every late night get rich with no money down program available. I honestly didn't know there were folks that bought into every one of those. Wow.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I small jump did it, I guess. It was not overtorqued nor loose. BB threads are fine - the threaded part stayed in.
Before you replace that Bottom Bracket. Do me a favor and have it properly Chased and Faced. Otherwise my OCD will kick in and I will probably lose my shit.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Have you tried wheelsmith manufacturing?
That's the one that failed, with angular contact bearings.
Before you replace that Bottom Bracket. Do me a favor and have it properly Chased and Faced. Otherwise my OCD will kick in and I will probably lose my shit.
No need to chase threads nowadays but I faced it properly.
I am looking at those. I like the seals, too.
Get some alloy spacers and use Permatex pink between the spacer and frame. Not between the Cup and spacer. Please...
Won't make any difference. All BBs are sold with hard plastic spacers. None of my other BBs ever failed in a similar fashion / similar setup.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I am marketing a new e-bike specific electrical tape, should work for you.
Gonna be $20.00 a roll...but a big roll!
I am calling it ‘Rip-Off!’ Because it’s so easy to remove.

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
hiked with fam this morning after bacon and pancakes. great success. acquired pork, wife prepped and slow cooked it. went for a bike ride. also great success. soaked in the tub with a founders kbs. more success! now to put dat pulled bbq pork into steamed buns and crash on teh porch.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Biked this morning. Hiked with kids this afternoon. Steelers game right now and salmon cooking with wild rice. Probably hot tub after kids in bed.

@jstuhlman I think I need to get some wings marinating

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Helped wifey put the winter wheels on the car. Might be the last for the set of WS80 Blizzak's currently on the steelies.

Guaranteed 80 degree temps next week now.