Quantcast

hardline time

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
In fairness, I don't like social media for a variety of reasons, but one of them is that I think it makes people behave pretty stupidly and obnoxiously, and somebody walking up to me and shoving a camera in my face every single interaction they have with me, all so that they can profit off of that would make me be quite a bit more of a dick than they were.

I like BK's riding right now, and hopefully he can pick up some better sponsors that pay him enough that he doesn't have to do this bullshit anymore, because it's pretty damn annoying.

Lord Bummer is considered to be the leading expert in all things related to just kinda being a bummer.
I don’t think Bernard’s wallet is hurting. He’s team manager and (for a while at least was) importer for pivot bikes in the U.K.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I like BK's riding right now, and hopefully he can pick up some better sponsors that pay him enough that he doesn't have to do this bullshit anymore, because it's pretty damn annoying.
Sometimes he is trying a little too hard, but overall there are good insights into what is going on at races. Syndicate does these stupid kid's birthday party games in their videos instead of showing real content. Canyon Factory Racing does good behind the scenes videos too.

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
Sometimes he is trying a little too hard, but overall there are good insights into what is going on at races. Syndicate does these stupid kid's birthday party games in their videos instead of showing real content. Canyon Factory Racing does good behind the scenes videos too.
I dont think he needs a new sponsor, must be on some money with all the toys, G wagons, porsches he has. I would agree he's so fucking annoying on the vlogs ands would seem to be super annoying with recording everything at races.

"And now sports fans" rubbbbishhhhhh

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
meh, I like his vlogs. I use the fast forward button a lot. I agree he can be a bit boorish sometimes, but it's the only vlog that seems to show all the prep, but also all the fun they seem to be having. Gives a good insight into the daily life that goes into being a pro rider, the good, the mundane, and the not-so-good... I find that interesting and worthwhile (though other members of my family might question my decisions around my use of time!).

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
meh, I like his vlogs. I use the fast forward button a lot. I agree he can be a bit boorish sometimes, but it's the only vlog that seems to show all the prep, but also all the fun they seem to be having. Gives a good insight into the daily life that goes into being a pro rider, the good, the mundane, and the not-so-good... I find that interesting and worthwhile (though other members of my family might question my decisions around my use of time!).
Agreed.

Meestah Ed, Walker, Jenna, even the dog Louda (spelling?) is fun to watch in on the action.

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Yes, Lada-Man, the actual star of the channel (BK is really just Lada-Man's sidekick).

I also fast forward some bits, but I think his channel is my favorite bike-related Youtube channel. The Trackwalks are super interesting and he is an amazing rider, so the POV footage is great.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Have you been on Pinkbike in like, ummh, the last two years? If not, you are forgiven for not knowing this. ;)
i avoid the PB comments pretty staunchly.

dan (who did most of the work on at least the original hardline course) does have a history of bmx. even tried racing UCI supercross. multitime 4x winner too.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I've never thought that appropriate anyway, in the BK vid he's messing around and happy later on. I think he just shushes him a bit early in the vid while information is being given to competitors?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
While we're talking BK's channel, what does the LSD stand for in the name?

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
While we're talking BK's channel, what does the LSD stand for in the name?
Lifestyle documentary apparently. He did it as a piss-take on Vlogs that didn't show any of the bad stuff about racing/etc. The whole "sports fans" thing started as a piss take too.

I quiet like BK's channel. Lots of good behind the scenes, plus an insight into stuff no one seems to talk about like prizemoney/entry fees/pit fees and sneaky stuff.

Bike078

Monkey
Jan 11, 2018
I know it may be unpopular here, except perhaps with Avy, but I like Gwin's race vlogs. He does course previews and Dak is featured too.

Neko's youtube channel is pretty good. I think I've watched all or almost all episodes of the Frameworks project.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I know it may be unpopular here, except perhaps with Avy, but I like Gwin's race vlogs. He does course previews and Dak is featured too.

Neko's youtube channel is pretty good. I think I've watched all or almost all episodes of the Frameworks project.
Did you not see the Youtubers Worldcup rankings? WC points x Youtube subscribers = your ranking.

1. Bernhard Kerr
2. Finn Iles
3. Danny Hart
4. Aaron Gwin
5. Benoit Coulange

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

Bike078

Monkey
Jan 11, 2018