Quantcast

hardtail on dh?

dhphoto

Monkey
Jun 1, 2006
Lynchburg VA
Just out of curiosity, does/has anyone here race a hardtail on downhill and not totally beat themselves to death in the process? I was thinking about doing that for the 4th race at SS, in the beginner division just for a laugh.

noname

Monkey
Feb 19, 2006
outer limits
the only bike I have that will take DH abuse is a hardtail. It's so far held up at Wisp and Wintergreen, as well as plenty of DJing and Urban.

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
it can be done for sure but it not fun a snowshoe as i think noname will agree. having big tires, good fork, and a very smooth style will help you a ton.

i never raced dh but i use to rode it exclusively on hardtails for years. then stopped because it was beating the crap out of me. i wised up and got a short travel burly bike.

ntron350

Chimp
Mar 22, 2004
murland
i used to race expet DH on a total pos hardtail w/ blown 1 1/2 fork @ whitetail and finish in the middle of the standings.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
And if you blow it apart, it will make great modern art for over your fireplace.

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
I DH a hardtail because I'm too poor to buy a decent DH bike. What do you have to lose, except possibly the race?
amen to that i am the same way just on all xc parts with an azonic evo frame haha come november ill have a sunday wc and after every other day of riding diablo on that pos actually i was on an xc frame untill the beginning of augest i feckign diserve a good bike:happydance:

dhphoto

Monkey
Jun 1, 2006
Lynchburg VA
I DH a hardtail because I'm too poor to buy a decent DH bike. What do you have to lose, except possibly the race?
good point. and really, im not worried about losing, since it would be the first race i've ever entered. so screw it, might as well. i think the bike will hold up, the only thing i'm worried about is me. haha:bonk:

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
I think the hardtail is the only way to go. Come on out to Snowshoe!

Scott here pretty much embarreses many of us on his hardtail on his DH runs at the Shoe.....

Scott.....ROFLMAO!!!! Scott!!!

I still laugh when I think of that day.....

Hey Scott, Scott? LOL!!!!

(BTW, did you go today?)

noname

Monkey
Feb 19, 2006
outer limits
Anyone who rides a hardtail is my hero. It's scary, I remember I said I would never go hardtail, now all I want is a hardtail.:disgust:
It's a whole other game on a harttail. If you ever see me out maybe I'll let you make a run on mine. 97 Rockhopper A1 frame (sm) Marz Z1 Freeride fork. Hayes mech discs. (8in in front) Single speeder. It's a frickin blast.