Quantcast

Harl(E)y- bikes anyone?

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Much like a mountain bike is when you have to drive it to a mountain to ride it then, aye?

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Not even close. Driving is optional and has no bearing on a bicycles range.
Ah.. So you rode your DH bike to every mountain you ever rode. And pushed it to the top each run?

Unless this is true your bikes range is more tied to the grid than my Ebike's.

Charging an E bike and switching it on is optional

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
in personal chode news, I was just in a near-head-on with an e-bike poaching our local loop, gunning his chode-moped *uphill* on one of the most commonly-descended trails in the region.

What a total e-bike cliche lol: poaching in broad daylight while railing uphill against the flow of traffic.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
in personal chode news, I was just in a near-head-on with an e-bike poaching our local loop, gunning his chode-moped *uphill* on one of the most commonly-descended trails in the region.

What a total e-bike cliche lol: poaching in broad daylight while railing uphill against the flow of traffic.
We have the same thing happen on the CO front range all the time, except they're MAMIL bikes.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Have you seen a individual who has a subscription to consumer reports, eats lots of thai food, has an ebike, is renting shock wizards today
Man why you gotta hate on thai food and consumer reports. I'd rather pay for an impartial review than read a shill review from something like pinkbike. And thai food is goddamn delicious.

In other news, I just put an order in for an ebike, and I don't know what shock wizards is, but it sounds like something I'd enjoy.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
It was a joke, which, in retrospect, was about as funny as the idea of Donald Trump being president.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
So you are NOT joining in the exclusive RideMonk(E)y club? President @Toshi would like your attendance.
Well, I don't have the same beef with them as other people on this forum do. I think it depends on where the trails are, and what they're like. Trails I'm used to are - long fireroad/paved road climb, followed by a downhill run to the bottom, all ideal on trail bikes. For something like that, I'd love to have an ebike. Getting to take my car out of the equation, not deal with shuttling, not having to spend 45 minutes grinding up a hill, and having time for 2-3 runs instead of 1 sounds well worth the weight penalty and shittier ride characteristics an ebike has.

On the other hand, if I were on pure single track, with ups and downs, or the trails were a bit gnarlier, they don't interest me. I'm not a shitlord either, so being a dick and riding uphill against the flow of traffic isn't going to happen.

Seems like the main reason ebikes suck is because they allow people who otherwise wouldn't go biking to start, and an influx of low skill idiots on the trail sucks for everybody - trails get imba'd, and you start seeing people climbing the DH sections.

To tie this in to the topic at hand, seems like that's exactly the demographic Harley is looking to sell to, so fuck this bike, and fuck Harley.