Quantcast

Harleys Suck!

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Big loud pieces of crap. Loud pipes my ass! Just another machine for foolish testosterone addled fools who need you to notice them on their loud expensive machines. Kind of like a ricer for the middle aged set. I love the springtime so I can open up my windows and hear these aZZholes going up and down the street. Phug them and their $30,000 Hey look at me machines. Just goddamn silly to spend that kind of money for a piece of junk.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Harleys do suck and they scream white trash IMO.

all the people here in PA ride around waving at each other on their bikes (which i cant F-ing stand!!!) with no helmets on.
i pray for a Rothlessburger moment to happen to them.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
What do you like about them?? The Murderous drug dealing azzholes who drive them around or their silly little machines?
get over yourself.

you ride a bike....you are not that special.

i like maybe one percent of them

murderous drug dealing @ssholes.....

dipsh*t.

Last edited:

strangeland2

Monkey
Jul 11, 2007
masshole
I hate those stupid police ambulance and fire trucks. Hear these aZZholes going up and down the street. Phug them and their overpriced Hey look at me machines. Just goddamn silly to spend that kind of money for a piece of junk and for what? Cause theyre worried about getting creamed blasting through the traffic lights? Why cant they just stop like a normal person? All the noise noise noise. Just uncalled for.

j.les

Monkey
Jul 21, 2007
Chicago
Agreed, some riders are obnoxious, but as a Harley rider, loud pipes save lives.

Also, Harley-Davidson keeps many workers employed in this country.

Enjoy a pic of my $15,000 piece of junk!

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
I hate those stupid police ambulance and fire trucks. Hear these aZZholes going up and down the street. Phug them and their overpriced Hey look at me machines. Just goddamn silly to spend that kind of money for a piece of junk and for what? Cause theyre worried about getting creamed blasting through the traffic lights? Why cant they just stop like a normal person? All the noise noise noise. Just uncalled for.
Your stupid.

Has anyone seen the gangland special on the motorcycle gang the "pagans". They are meth traffickers, and they are damn good at it. How else do you think jdcamb gets it overnight delivery? Certainly not UPS.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Your stupid.

Has anyone seen the gangland special on the motorcycle gang the "pagans". They are meth traffickers, and they are damn good at it. How else do you think jdcamb gets it overnight delivery? Certainly not UPS.

My Uncle is a Kingsmen so I just get it from him. After he took a second mortgage to buy that sweet new fatboy My aunt divorced him so I don't see him much anymore. I guess I could hook up some other one percenters and get some if I needed....

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Big loud pieces of crap. Loud pipes my ass! Just another machine for foolish testosterone addled fools who need you to notice them on their loud expensive machines. Kind of like a ricer for the middle aged set. I love the springtime so I can open up my windows and hear these aZZholes going up and down the street. Phug them and their $30,000 Hey look at me machines. Just goddamn silly to spend that kind of money for a piece of junk.

I'm not much for Harleys myself, but it's good to see that you have an open mind.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I can't wait to build my Buell.
I want a Ulysses XB12X. most amazing machine IMO.

Loud pipes are noise pollution and disturb the peace for no other reason then to make some pinhead feel good about himself. I live in the city and noise pollution affects the quality of life here. Is it necessary to be heard 2 blocks away? Go for a ride in the country if you want to be safe. You won't bother anyone then....

strangeland2

Monkey
Jul 11, 2007
masshole
I want a Ulysses XB12X. most amazing machine IMO.

Loud pipes are noise pollution and disturb the peace for no other reason then to make some pinhead feel good about himself. I live in the city and noise pollution affects the quality of life here. Is it necessary to be heard 2 blocks away? Go for a ride in the country if you want to be safe. You won't bother anyone then....
On a serious note its the city... I live on a pretty main street in a small city and bikes with pipes are the least of the noises that ruin my quality of life. If you want quiet then move to the country and you wont have to worry about safety or noise. Car stereos are so much more of a problem then a bike with pipes I cant even imagine people complaining about the pipes.

I hate noise in general. Especially loud noises. Even my snowmobile which are notorious for being loud from the start was just as quiet as any stock car on the road. It was so quiet listening to the skis go down the trail was the loudest noise from the sled other than the wind going by the helmet. However a harley with ear shattering pipes going by is still an awesome sound. For me its right up there with an ear shattering concert. Neither of which I can tolerate for more than a few minutes but they re both great.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
i challenge you to show me a study that demonstrates this to be true.
I'm not saying that loud pipes aren't irritating (they are) but when I'm driving in LA traffic and hear a bike I DO look around to see where they are at.

What I don't see the need for are the idiots who rev the hell out of their straight piped Harleys at a stop light in a residential neighborhood just to prove how "cool" they are. THAT is lame.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
wow, I have never been called such things before.......guess you werent meant to be my buddy.

I think I will go ride one of my bikes and knock over a liquor store and buy some drugs,

oh and drive by your house really fast
Dirtbag. :D

I want something like this (Buell XB motor), only faster.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
wow, I have never been called such things before.......guess you werent meant to be my buddy.

I think I will go ride one of my bikes and knock over a liquor store and buy some drugs,

oh and drive by your house really fast

I got enough friends anyways... Just think of all the chrome you could add to your bike by adding silencers to those straight pipes. Hell your nieghbors may even finance it for you....

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
I think they are obnoxious, but nice stereotype. My neighbors a couple of houses down actually idle down the street to keep the noise down. I think most riders are pretentious pricks, but I don't think anyone wanted to live next to the "Young Ones" back in the 80s either. Whatever...I hope no one else disturbs your precious little world.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
I got enough friends anyways... Just think of all the chrome you could add to your bike by adding silencers to those straight pipes. Hell your nieghbors may even finance it for you....
my closest neighbor cant even hear me trap shooting, plus we ride together.

<insert peer pressure here>

come on you'll like it, just try it once, everyone is doing it, everyone will think your cool, first rides for free, come back for more, girls will like you.

jimmydean:

I have always wanted a confederate hellcat

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
If had this bike, I'd play a recording of loud pipes.

And to keep it interesting it would also play that bolt loosening " bawm bawm, brrrrrrpt, bawm bawm " sound that every hooptie in hood rolls with, not actual music, just that sound

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Hey, a buddy modified his VTX1800 pipe to super loud. Except unlike a Harley, his bike works great.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I think they are obnoxious, but nice stereotype. My neighbors a couple of houses down actually idle down the street to keep the noise down. I think most riders are pretentious pricks, but I don't think anyone wanted to live next to the "Young Ones" back in the 80s either. Whatever...I hope no one else disturbs your precious little world.
There are a lot of idiots in the world. I'm pretty sure they all look up to you.....

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Jeard a couple of these go by the street 50 yards from my house today... evening inside the house, it's f'ing annoying!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Cheap, high performance or reliable. With most motorcycles you can pick two, with Harleys pick none.

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
Hey Loco, I'm planning on riding my obnoxious bike down to Austin in a couple of weeks for this:

http://www.lonestarroundup.com/about.html

My saddlebags will be full of meth and I will have murdered several people along the way......can I lay low at your place for a couple of days?
Of course you can. Let me know your schedule. I'll come down for a beer and meth.

This thread made me smile today :) Thanks JDCamb!

A while back I had a thread about 2 harley riders who cut me off while I was pedaling my bike down the street. They were close enough to me that when I screamed they heard me and even waivered a bit but managed to stay upright. In my neighborhood it's not the drug dealers that ride em - it's the midlife crisis crowd with too much money and nothing else to do.

A little exercise wouldn't hurt them either. :clapping:

wreckedrex

Monkey
Feb 8, 2007
Fremont, CA
my closest neighbor cant even hear me trap shooting, plus we ride together.
I wish my friendly neighborhood biker was that far away. Instead I get to listen to the windows in my bedroom rattle every Saturday morning @ 7:00am while he warms the bike up (read: lets it sit there and idle for 15min at the end of his driveway) ~50 yards away. Nicest guy you're likely to meet and a neat bike, but still obnoxious as hell. It's also awesome when he and a few of his buddies go tearing ass out of his driveway on Sunday morning so the whole neighborhood can enjoy the symphony. Loud pipes save lives, open pipes are right up there with 26" wheels on an '83 caprice or unpainted bodykits on beat up camrys.