Quantcast

haro .357

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
Seen/ridden the new haro .357 magnum? It looks nice, and appears to have a good component spec. Props to haro. Do you think the DH team will be riding these?

J

JRB

What's the cost??? Looks sweet. They did a good job with my 04 X2 matching the Vanilla R Pro-pedal (which I was surprised by). They seem to be hitting a deal for the cash pricepoint that Iron Horse has been so good at.

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
Inclag said:
Looks nice. Wonder if they got the swingarm issues figured out.
Did you see Hannah's bike at Mount Snow? The swingarm looked like it was cobbled together by monkies. There were gussets on top of gussets on top of gussets. Wonder if they switched form making it just strong enough to overkill.
Wish I had grabbed a pic.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Repack said:
Did you see Hannah's bike at Mount Snow? The swingarm looked like it was cobbled together by monkies. There were gussets on top of gussets on top of gussets. Wonder if they switched form making it just strong enough to overkill.
Wish I had grabbed a pic.
Actually I did see it. Nothing like a raw unpainted aluminum swingarm that has that light rainbowish hue from all the welding of gussets. I just want to know if the folks from Haro actually ran ANSYS analysis or something to that affect on the swingarm because he went through numerous swingarms from all the accounts I had heard. With the design tools that are out there and ability to quickly manufacture prototype parts I'm just really surprised at the trouble they had with it.

Hopefully it is all sorted out now.