Quantcast

haro 4x bike???

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Um no. The SX is FSR and the Haro isn't. Although they look similar it's not a rip-off at all.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
yeah, i know the Haro isn't FSR. i meant in terms of appearance. i think Haro is trying to have some marketing fun. they know Specialized gets a ton of recognition, so why not make a bike that looks like a Specialized? the trained eye spots the differences pretty quick. however, there are a great number of consumers that will not understand the benefit of the pivot placement (and other design features) and be swayed to buy something that looks like a Specialized, but costs much less.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
mandown said:
yeah, i know the Haro isn't FSR. i meant in terms of appearance. i think Haro is trying to have some marketing fun. they know Specialized gets a ton of recognition, so why not make a bike that looks like a Specialized? the trained eye spots the differences pretty quick. however, there are a great number of consumers that will not understand the benefit of the pivot placement (and other design features) and be swayed to buy something that looks like a Specialized, but costs much less.

What are you talking about? Those bikes look nothing alike.

The spec is different.
The suspension is different
The tubeset is different
The bikes are even different colors.
The brand is different

Do you lack cognitive abilities? Not that there is anything wrong with that...

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
mandown said:
the trained eye spots the differences pretty quick.
Tard Ape :-)hot: ), i said the trained eye sees the difference. they are obviously not the same bike to guys like you and me who spend all day researching this stuff on the web. however, if you were a punk-a$$ SB kid that asked your parents for a specialized for your b-day and showed them the pic, they would go to walmart and get the haro because the frame looks pretty similar and the $$$ is a bundle less.

take the two pics and show them to your buds that don't ride. ask them if they see any major differences. i bet the answere is "no" in most cases. i think haro is betting there is a consumer group that wants to get into this sport but are turned off by the frame price. if they can get something that looks like a high end $$$ bike for less, they will buy it. think of it in terms of the japanese motorcycle makers copying the harley design. harley riders noticed the difference right away, but there were plenty of noobs that wanted to get in the game without paying the high price.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
mandown said:
Tard Ape :-)hot: ), i said the trained eye sees the difference. they are obviously not the same bike to guys like you and me who spend all day researching this stuff on the web. however, if you were a punk-a$$ SB kid that asked your parents for a specialized for your b-day and showed them the pic, they would go to walmart and get the haro because the frame looks pretty similar and the $$$ is a bundle less.

take the two pics and show them to your buds that don't ride. ask them if they see any major differences. i bet the answere is "no" in most cases. i think haro is betting there is a consumer group that wants to get into this sport but are turned off by the frame price. if they can get something that looks like a high end $$$ bike for less, they will buy it. think of it in terms of the japanese motorcycle makers copying the harley design. harley riders noticed the difference right away, but there were plenty of noobs that wanted to get in the game without paying the high price.

Hmmm, diagnosis; Pronounced Cognitive Dissonance with a side-order of Napolionic Nebishery.

The only way those bikes look alike to anyone other then my Grandparents, is in a 3x3 picture on the internet.

I know 'noobs' and the 'SB kids' and sorta dumb in your eyes, but they aren't so kooky to mistake those two bikes for each other.