Quantcast

Haro in the House

Guitar Ted

Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
Waterloo, IA
I recieved a Haro Mary XC frame and fork last week to build up. (It'll be an over the winter project, so don't get yer hopes up!)

As you can see, it's got some flattened chainstays that are supposedly going to give this frame some vertical compliance. It also has plenty of clearance for the Nevegal/ Rampage/ WeirWolf LT's out there, which is cool if I should decide to run those.

The frame came in just a bit over 5lbs and the fork just a hair under 3lbs. I probably will be opting for the much lighter Bontrager Switchblade that I have for the front end of this.

I'll keep ya'all posted on any build updates here, so stay tuned!

Guitar Ted

Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
Waterloo, IA
I had a choice. Since I was into three singlespeeds I thought having my own geared 29"er was in order.

Although it has that '71 Plymouth Fury thing going with that green, it is pretty nice looking.

I'm thinking of going with a silver component scheme with this one. Maybe........some of the choices for components won't be mine.............:brow:

Guitar Ted

Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
Waterloo, IA
It's an 18" frame. The 20" had a top tube that was a bit longer, but the standover was not nearly enough. I just mocked up a wheelset, stem and handlebars on Mary to get an idea of what I'm going to need for parts. According to my measurements, I need a 100mm X 10 degree rise stem, which isn't out of the ordinary. I will be getting a 410mm seat post for proper extension and confidence inspiring amount of insertion. :biggrin: Broken seat posts are no fun!

Parts will be trickling in over the next few weeks and months. I'll update when there's something to show!