Quantcast

Haro is getting HUGE

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
OK, I keep reading about all the team changes and Haro has some big serious riders this year. Cody Warren, Cam Zink, and now Eric Porter.

this is from NSMB

Haro Bikes Signs Eric Porter, Re-Signs Cody Warren
December 22, 2005-Vista, CA-In the spirit of supporting some of the best professional cyclists in the world, Haro Bikes has once again assembled a star-studded team of mountain bike athletes for the 2006 season.

Freerider Eric Porter has joined Haro Bikes and will compete on Haro frames in all the major slopestyle and freeride events, along with many filming and photo trips. “I am really psyched to be riding for Haro for at least the next 2 years,” said Porter. “They have always sponsored the best riders in the world: Voreis, Strait, Nyquist, Mirra, the list goes on, so it’s a real honor to join that group of riders”.

In addition to several podium appearances, Porter has appeared in videos and magazines worldwide. He’s also credited with being the first rider to grind handrails on a mountain bike without pegs and the first rider to do flairs on a mountain bike. “We’re thrilled to have Eric on board,” said Jill Hamilton, Haro Mountain Bike Brand Manager. “After 3 great years with Iron Horse, Eric has switched to Haro to expand his opportunities and work on new projects”.

2005 U.S. National Downhill Champion Cody Warren returns to Haro for the 2006 season and will be looking to defend his title on Haro downhill and mountain cross frames. “I’m very happy to have re-signed with Haro for the upcoming season,” says Warren. “I’m really looking forward to another great year of racing and promoting Haro Bikes”.

Eric Porter leaves Ironhorse for Haro

Warren had a breakout season last year, finishing 2nd overall in the NORBA mountain cross series standings and 5th overall in the NORBA downhill standings. He was also the top American finisher in downhill at the 2005 UCI World Championships. “Haro has supported Cody for the past three years; it’s been really exciting to see him grow as an athlete,” says Jill Hamilton, Haro Mountain Bike Brand Manager. “We’re obviously really excited to have the opportunity to support Cody again this year”.

Cody Warren and Eric Porter join Haro freerider/racer Cameron Zink to round out the Haro Bikes roster for 2006.

Haro is a recognized leader in providing innovative performance bikes, parts and accessories to the BMX, dirt, freestyle/street, and mountain bike markets. The company currently has over 1800 dealers throughout the United States and distributors in 48 countries worldwide. Bob Haro, who is known in the BMX industry as the “Father of Freestyle,” founded Haro Bikes in 1978.

For more information, including recent company news and an online catalog, please visit harobikes.com.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
SkaredShtles said:
Nice chick belt. :think:

Edit: I forgot to mention that I've never heard of any of those riders..............
Cameron Zink used to ride for Santa Cruz, young, really good. Cody Warren is pretty new, he is a junior and real fast. Eric Porter used to ride for I.H. The Porter was his frame I.H. made for him. All those riders are very very good and have alot of potential.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
ThePriceSeliger said:
Cameron Zink used to ride for Santa Cruz, young, really good. Cody Warren is pretty new, he is a junior and real fast. Eric Porter used to ride for I.H. The Porter was his frame I.H. made for him. All those riders are very very good and have alot of potential.
<shrug>

I'll take your word for it. :p

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
I don't follow racers too much and even I know Cody Warren is supposed to be like the next Micheal Jordan for US DH racing.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
SkaredShtles said:
There ain't no money in XC, dontcha know? The money is in the rad, new skool stuff! :thumb:
Why can't they bring dual slalom back to life? I wanna try that.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
dfinn said:
I don't follow racers too much and even I know Cody Warren is supposed to be like the next Micheal Jordan for US DH racing.
I didn't know MJ raced DH? Was he as good on a bike as he was on a baseball field?

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
Heidi said:
Why can't they bring dual slalom back to life? I wanna try that.
I'm probably in the minority here, but I like 4X. Well, not the way NORBA does 4X, but I think it has potential. If a 4X track had big jumps, real berms, and was wide enough so riders could pass one another, I think it would be a lot better than DS...in my opinion. On the other hand, if I had to choose between the current 4X tracks and DS, I would take DS...

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Um yeah he is the new National Champion, having smoked the competition by 8 seconds.

From Velonews:

After suffering two painful crashes during the mountain-cross event, Haro'sr Cody Warren came into the downhill looking to score a respectable result at the 2005 national championships. Widely regarded as the most-talented young gravity rider in the U.S., Warren was the top American finisher at the 2005 world championships in Livigno, Italy.

The Haro rider did not disappoint at Mammoth. Justin Havukainen (Iron Horse-MadCatz) set an early fast mark that withstood the efforts of downhill favorites Ross Milan (Yeti), Duncan Riffle (Yeti), Chris Del Bosco (Lens Sport) and Rich Houseman (Yeti). Finally, Chris Van Dine (Go-Ride.com), second-to-last to go, bested Havukainin's time by just 0.01 second with only Warren remaining.

Despite washing out early in his run, Warren beat Van Dine's time by a whopping eight seconds to take the biggest win of his young career."

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
dfinn said:
Yeah? But there are only 14 people who follow DH vs. 40 billion who watch basketball.

So........ if a tree falls in the woods and nobody is there to hear it......... :D

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I'm having flashbacks to my old Haro BMX number plates and the turquoise Haro freestyler I had in like '82 or something...and those plastic two-finger brake levers...