Quantcast

Haro Zero?

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
Hey everybody, how is it going? I have a bmx bike and a big bike, but I plan on getting a 26" street bike, for cheap.
Does anybody know about the haro zero, for $550? It sounds like a good price for it, I dont really need/want all the gears, so I would either get a Haro Zero or get $150 more and get the p1.
So does anybody think the p1 is worth 150 more dollars, though the specs seem similar??

Thanks, Craig

P.s- Attached are pictures of both.

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
i like the p.1, mine has stood up to some burly jumps. if you like the way bmxs jump, youll love this, because it rides like a bmx (in its jumpablilty), but smoother. plus sr suntour fork suck monkey balls, Marzocchi is better

stratguy1618

Monkey
Apr 18, 2004
skajumper said:
Yeah, go the p.1 coz he is right, suntour forks suck really really large balls...
ya and the mz comp is just a rebaged sr suntour they pay suntour to make them in taiwan, the mz comp and the exr comp are both made by suntour. So its kind of like a loose loose situtation but I would buy the haro, sell the fork, and save the $150 from the P1 and go buy youself a DJ3

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
Yea, I was probably going to get the haro and get a straight cable instead of a gyro. I need a new fork for my full-suspension before a new fork on a brand new bike! :thumb:

bballboy388

Monkey
Dec 4, 2004
i would say p1 still just because there sweet and proven good frames no one knows anything about the haros

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
I don't know about the Haro but the P1 is a really good frame. For jumping they ride great.

I say ride both, and if they feel the same get the Haro and put the $150 you save towards a good fork. Because both forks suck.

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
Once I get around $300 dollars I should be buying the zero. I plan on adding a front brake and getting a straight cable (not gyro) for less than the $150 extra needed for the p1. I allready have a Haro full suspension which is preety nice, it was a great deal for $800. (minus the bashgaurd, 8 inch rotors, grips, stem, tires, and tubes) :thumb:

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
Nope, my bmx is a Dk! I will be selling my bmx to make money for this ride.
I know there are other companies, but this is the best urban bike I have found for the money, and yes money is an issue.

Here is my bmx, and I plan on selling it for somewhat cheap if anybody is interested!!

NORTON

Chimp
Mar 3, 2005
Littleton CO
I tried the Zero a few time at my LBS. It's a quality ride, really solid. The fork is pretty obviously a rebadged Marzocchi when you see it in person, just without the 'M' arch. Don't know about the internals but it felt surprisingly nice.

Still I prefer my P1 I just got, the head angle is a bit steeper and easier to jump. Plus I can add a derailleur if I want later- can't on the Zero. The Zero seems more of a skatepark bike to me. The price is definately right.

maro

Chimp
May 2, 2005
SLC
i know this is kind of bringing this topic back from the dead, but i just bought a zero a few month's ago so i thought i'd put my 2 cents in.

anyhoo, first thing i did to this bike was change the grips out for some ouri's, the ones that come with it are crap. right now i have some juicy 7's in the mail for the front, the rear brake just isn't good enough when you're trying to slow down on hills and stairs, etc. and in a few months i'll be getting rid of the gyro, a shorter handle bar and a new fork. other than that, its an awesome bike. burly as hell and its taken a lot of beatings. one thing thats dissapointed me is its kind of hard to jump. my friends custom built steelhead weighs like 5lbs more and its still tons easier to jump with.

skajumper

Chimp
Mar 22, 2005
Yeah, id actually recomend something different. I'd say get a mongoose thunderball. It should be around the same price as those 2, it has a front brake (hayes mechanical, they work well... Anyone who thinks they dont obviously just rides too much downhill), its got a marzocchi dirt jam pro fork which has got air and spring and is a hell of a lot stronger than the forks on those 2 bikes, and it just rides really well. Yeah, id say go that if you were looking for a pretty dam specced out bike for that kind of price.

Or you could just build up a brooklyn park bike from scratch... I mean sure, it would cost ****loads, but they are pretty ****ing cool.... hahahaha